Has anyone bought the painted umbrellas by france?

I’ve looked (in passing) the painted umbrellas, but not really for price or anything. Just thinking for next time for my DGDs.

I have glanced at them, but never bought them. It would be a cute idea for a grandchild.

I’ve seen them, but I think the parasols in Japan are much prettier.
Are you thinking of them for a keepsake decoration or for use?

We bought one years ago when my DD was young (20 years ago). It was very nice and lasted a long time. I haven’t looked at them in years so I’m not sure how they are made now.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1113130]I’ve seen them, but I think the parasols in Japan are much prettier.
Are you thinking of them for a keepsake decoration or for use?[/QUOTE]

For use. Just something different from the usual t-shirt.

If using them your DGD’s will adore those. Little girls would be so cute standing outside with a yellow or purple ruffled umbrella painted especially for them :wub:

Well then, that settles that, next trip, umbrellas it is. And they both love purple.

Thanks everyone for the info.

We just bought two on our trip last month, one for each DD. They are great. Around $25 for a large personalized one. They do a great job with the custom paintings. The umbrella’s worked great during our trip to keep the sun off the girls, and when we got home we’ve also used them in the rain and they work great too. They are a good hardy design, sure to last quite a while.
I’d definately recommend them!

Years ago that was dd2’s choice for her “big” gift. How she loved that parasol! - NOT umbrella please, as she was quick to point out. She had her name and ballet slippers painted on it. They’ll paint just about anything you want. She was a dancer, so was thrilled with the slippers. It really was good quality. She still has it, tucked away somewhere. On a practical note, I remember the day she got it was so hot, it was great shade.

This is great to know. Don’t tell disney this, but 25 bucks sounds like a good deal. I mean a sweatshirt cost about 3 grand, right?

…no kiddin…I didn’t even know anything about these umbrellas…they sound like good souvenirs!

Well, if you get it on sale…