Has anyone done EMH with the no wristband rules?

We are heading down in a few days and I’m wondering how the evening EMH are going. I know we have talked about it, but has anyone actually been thru it?? I usually hate having things hanging around my neck, it looks like we may have to go the lanyard route for EMH. So anyone???

This is all new to me… lanyards are more expensive than wrist badns, so I am wondering what caused the change in policy?

No wristband rules? You have to have one on to get on the attractions for the evebing EMH…they check.

I think she was talking about that news a couple months ago that Disney was doing away with the wristbands and you’d have to show your room key at every attraction.

Yup, that’s it. It just started this past sunday. DT had a thread concerning it before it started but I don’t see where anyone has posted how things are going.

I read on another board that parkgoers must pull out their keys for every ride, and that the CM looks at each and every one for the date.

So far, I have read nothing but complaints.

[QUOTE=emperisse;880522]

So far, I have read nothing but complaints.[/QUOTE]

Not what I wanted to hear. :frown: I had heard about the CM checking, but didn’t have a feel how things were flowing. I would think unless the dates are printed really big, it would really slow down boarding rides.

Hi Jo-Jo –

Yes, that’s what people are complaining about – that things are definitely slowed down and more of a hassle to hafta yank that key out every time.

Yes,we had to show our room key and they had flashlights to look at the date.

That’s crazy! It must take forever to get on the rides… why did they get rid of the wrist bands? They seemed so easy.

Were they turning people away who didn’t have the room keys? It would seem the CM would get tired real fast looking at every card. I wonder how long before they just take a quick glance and wave you on?

Half of the times we’ve been they REALLY weren’t checking wrist bands. I saw people in the park HOURS after it closed to the public. The key sounds like a pain in the butt. Why not a hand stamp with the black light readers at the entrance to ALL attractions?

Not sure what is a good answer other that telling people to leave. Over and over.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;880633]. The key sounds like a pain in the butt. Why not a hand stamp with the black light readers at the entrance to ALL attractions?QUOTE]

That’s a good idea!

The hand stamp idea would be great. The only problem I see with that is if you wash your hands at some point in the evening or go on a wet water ride and it washes off.
From what I heard with the wristbands, some people staying off property would buy wristbands like at a dollar store or where ever they are sold. Then they would see what the color was for the evening and pull them out and put them on. If the CM wasn’t looking at it very closely, they could easily ride.

I am glad this ? was asked, because I was wondering the same thing for when we go to WDW. So, you only need a roomkey to go on the ride, so the park itself is still crowded with “sight see-ers”. Would my son and daughter (2 & 1) need roomkey to get on rides??

thanks,
margaret

[QUOTE=kanakoskiddos;880675]I am glad this ? was asked, because I was wondering the same thing for when we go to WDW. So, you only need a roomkey to go on the ride, so the park itself is still crowded with “sight see-ers”. Would my son and daughter (2 & 1) need roomkey to get on rides??

thanks,
margaret[/QUOTE]

No, if they don’t need a ticket to get into the park, they don’t need the room key. Last yr, I went on several trips with my (then) 2 yr old DGD and we were fine. Same thing with fast passes. Since they don’t have a ticket to put into the machines, they don’t need one to go thru the fast pass lanes.

but kids over 3 will need their room card?

This may be a hassle, but if it keeps only onsite people to ride, then this is what we have to do. I pay the extra money for the convenience and priviledges and why should someone staying off resort, but figures a way to cheat the system have the same?

I agree with that, but couldn’t disney have wristbands printed up with a disney logo or something. Those would be a harder to obtain on the outside.

I agree a Disney logo wristband would be a better option, but it would only be a matter of time before someone copied them and started selling them on ebay.

I’m going to get clear ID badges for each member of my crew to put their cards in and carry them all on my lanyard. It will be easy to keep them all together and DH and I won’t have to worry about pulling them out and putting them away while trying to get on a ride and keep track of the kids.