Has anyone ever heard of getting a All star suite for less than two room?

My sister is telling me my niece got a suite at all star music for less than what two rooms would cost. She is using the memory maker package. I’ve tried to price it and it always costs more. I haven’t seen any paper work, but the fact that my sister is saying it has [B]three[/B] sleeper chairs and a sleep sofa tells me she doesn’t understand it. Is there some secret deal out there for travel agents only?

Jo-Jo I am with you I have never heard of this before but if it is true share it with us all so I can do this for October. I have tried to price a vacation just about every way possible I thought and have never been able to do that.

I’m thinking something is missing from her package, not enough ticket days perhaps.

The price she got was just the standard magic memory deal online. I priced out two rooms at pop for about 400 cheaper. So I don’t know what she is talking about. Could be the travel agent didn’t have two rooms open so pushed the suite.

That could very well be it.

Well, I shown the numbers to my sister, but she is still clinging to the fact that they found a “deal”.

Do TAs get paid on commission, so the higher the package, the higher the pay. This TA was from AAA.

AAA does have some deals of their own, but like you pointed out, what she got doesn’t sound like a deal.

I think TAs do get more based on how much money you spend. I think? But it would be very slimy to lie in order to get it.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1141588]AAA does have some deals of their own, but like you pointed out, what she got doesn’t sound like a deal.

I think TAs do get more based on how much money you spend. I think? But it would be very slimy to lie in order to get it.[/QUOTE]

I am a AAA member, and have priced out their “deals”, and in most cases—they were not any better than what I could get. Plus, you have to be getting a particular package to use them—in my experience. Years ago, you used to be able to get AAA discount on just room only at WDW, but last time I checked—you can’t do that anymore. It used to be 10% off…

I am a big numbers cruncher and break everything down to a per day rate to compare—but not everyone does that…

This is what I found. So two rooms, 2 x 1310 = 2620. For a suite at all stars music they paid 2980. same days, same tickets, same meal plan. The reason they wanted two rooms, so my brother could have some time away from our niece and her two yr old. They live in the same house at home and I think DB thinks 2 yr old will be banging on bedroom door. And I can understand that. A few yrs ago, I went with my DD and DGD in one room. DD had the bed with bed rails and extra pillows. I ended up with the 2 yr old. :laugh:

Special Offer: Vacation Package With Free Memory Maker
May 4 – May 10, 2014
1 Adult
View Offer Details

Resort

Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Standard Room

Theme Park Tickets

6-Day Ticket with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options

Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
Enjoy meals and snacks at more than 50 select Walt Disney World restaurants. Or, for a little more, upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan.

Ground Transportation
Enjoy complimentary motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your hotel with Disney’s Magical Express service.

Offer Subtotal
$1,310.87

No, the suite is never less than the two rooms in a standard view. I think your sister is having fun with you making you feel like they found a deal…let her cling to her false sense of a win. ha!

For us, with grown kids, the difference in price was worth it to move up to the suite. We’ll be back in an All-Star Suite again in the fall. We liked it better that the “two adjoining room” option because of the kitchenette. Just a personal preference issue.

Al -

I am also a fan of the suite over two connecting. I got a suite at Art of Animation when I took my daughter and three of her friends. I had my own personal space and we had that kitchenette for them to stuff their faces. Easy Mac for everyone! lol