Has anyone gotten an AP discount on CS meals?

I was reading on another board :whistling about AP discounts on meals. A few people have mentioned on getting 10 % discount on many CS in the parks. Not all, but many. I have heard of a few at DTD, but nothing at the parks and certainly not a bunch of them. Having I been missing something?

Nope, but we also didn’t ask if the restaurant wasn’t listed in the list of restaurants. If it was listed then we asked for the perk but we didn’t ask if it wasn’t one of the restaurants.

We must have been missing out too Joanne! We’ve had AP’s many times but was never aware of any discounts on CS?

I think you can at the resorts that do not have a TS…

I know with TIW you can get the discount on CS at the resorts without a TS, but never heard of an AP discount.

I feel like I’ve missed out on millions of dollars. Or as least a buck eighty five.

Who’s going to disney soon that has an AP? I have a mission for you…cue music…dem dem dem dem dada daaaaa (suppose to be the theme to mission impossible) Could you ask at CS all over the parks and see if there is a discount?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1114330]I know with TIW you can get the discount on CS at the resorts without a TS, but never heard of an AP discount.

I feel like I’ve missed out on millions of dollars. Or as least a buck eighty five.

Who’s going to disney soon that has an AP? I have a mission for you…cue music…dem dem dem dem dada daaaaa (suppose to be the theme to mission impossible) Could you ask at CS all over the parks and see if there is a discount?[/QUOTE]

I will do it. I don’t recall ever using it for a discount at a counter service, but we usually have the tables in wonderland card, so it has never really come up. I always just thought there was a discount on table service meals.

I do remember the last time I bought an AP it came with a book telling you what all your discounts/perks were.

Here’s a link to all food discounts and other perks you get with an AP

Dining Benefits and Discounts | Passholders Program | Walt Disney World Resort

Thank you. We also have the TIW card but still over the course of a week or so, we must go to at least 7 or 8 CS. Even if we shared a meal, at 10 % off that’s least 10-15 bucks for the week. If we had a family, you are talking 30 -40 bucks.

[QUOTE=Dana;1114569]I do remember the last time I bought an AP it came with a book telling you what all your discounts/perks were.

Here’s a link to all food discounts and other perks you get with an AP

Dining Benefits and Discounts | Passholders Program | Walt Disney World Resort[/QUOTE]

Yes, we got a booklet too. But it only has a few CS at DTD, nothing in parks.

Oh ok. well that’s it then I guess.

That’s what so confusing. The booklet says nothing about discounts in the parks, yet several people on disboards have stated that they have gotten discounts at a number of CS. Not all, but more than one or two CS.

But Lovemysons will hunt down the answer even if she has to stay at disney for months. She won’t stop until she has asked at every single CS at WDW.
(or at least 5 or 6 places :laugh: )

If you have an AP, simply go to the AP section of the WDW site and you should find it there. Also, I’m sure that All Ears has the info somewhere as well.

And when all else fails, ask when you’re paying. Unless you need to know now so you can plan.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall getting an AP discount at Flame Tree, but don’t take that to the bank.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114639]
And when all else fails, ask when you’re paying. Unless you need to know now so you can plan.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall getting an AP discount at Flame Tree, but don’t take that to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever have TIW? Because Flame Tree is one of the few CS it did cover.

For just DH and I getting 10 % off isn’t going to effect planning. I just don’t want to miss an discount if it’s out there.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1114652]Did you ever have TIW? Because Flame Tree is one of the few CS it did cover.

For just DH and I getting 10 % off isn’t going to effect planning. I just don’t want to miss an discount if it’s out there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, TiW for many years now.

When in doubt, ask. The worst they can say is “no”.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1114592]That’s what so confusing. The booklet says nothing about discounts in the parks, yet several people on disboards have stated that they have gotten discounts at a number of CS. Not all, but more than one or two CS.

But Lovemysons will hunt down the answer even if she has to stay at disney for months. She won’t stop until she has asked at every single CS at WDW.
(or at least 5 or 6 places :laugh: )[/QUOTE]

Yes, Jo-Jo, even if it means I have to stay for months, I will take one for the team.:laugh:

I just can’t keep up with all the various perks, so whenever I purchase something, I pull out my DVC Member Card, Disney Visa and A/P and state “Discounts?” The majority of the time, the A/P gets me something off. I really didn’t think about CS though, but the cashier at EoS once asked me if I had an A/P and I said yes, and she automatically took 10% off. I kind of thought it was a fluke, but will start asking for CS purchases now also. It adds up!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114659]Yes, TiW for many years now.

When in doubt, ask. The worst they can say is “no”.[/QUOTE]

AP, TiW, AAA, Military. I ask about each whenever the card comes out.

I knew we could count on you. :happy:

If that doesn’t work they do offer a DVC discount at EoS.