Has anyone gotten married at Disney?

Hi everyone! First post! DF and I are planning a DW wedding. :slight_smile: We’re going to do the Escape package and we’re looking at Sunset Point. :slight_smile: If you got married at Disney, where did you get married at, how many guests were there and did you like the venue? What would you do over again if you had the chance?

Welcome to Mousebuzz and congratulations on your wedding!

A few members here have been married at WDW. MickeyMcFizzle and Peppertink come to mind. Hopefully they’ll be around and see this thread, if not, you could send them a Private Message.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I honeymooned at WDW, so I can’t speak to the wedding part but I’m sure you will get lots of great advice on this site! Welcome to MB

First, welcome to MB.

Pam and I renewed our vows at Sunset point 6 years ago. It was a beautiful summer morning and the castle was behind us in the pics. Pam still tells everyone about my suprise and that she had no idea I had planned it out.

Disney does wedding and renewal events the right way.

Welcome to MB and congratulations on your future wedding- how exciting! I have no advice as such as I wasn’t that lucky to be married there, but there will be lots of members here with great advice and info for you- enjoy!

Welcome to MB!:mickey:

My DH(Ready2Go) and I were married at WDW, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary:wub: this past November at DLR(1st and 2nd anniversary actually) and we will celebrate this year back at WDW!:happy:

I can’t tell you how happy we were with everything!! Planning was so easy, even from two different states, neither of which were Florida!! Everyone was so nice, prompt and informative. They happily answered all of our questions and made sure we had everything we needed. Everything went off without a hitch!

We had a small wedding as well(18 ppl total), but not small enough for Sunset Point…that was our original plan as we were going to stay at the Poly. Since we couldn’t un-invite any of our immediate family:laugh: we decided to have our ceremony at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion:wub: It was amazing!!! Our day started off a little cloudy and rainy, but by the afternoon it was a beautiful day! After we were married and we had our reception, we had our wedding dinner at the California Grill. Everyone was so happy with everything there. They really pulled out the stops for us. The service was amazing as was the food.

We were so very impressed with everything! The arrangements, our wedding coordinators, photographer, flowers, violinist, cake and champagne and even the transportation! We were a bit concerned about how we were going to get everyone from their hotels to the wedding site, reception and then dinner. They handled all of the scheduling of the limousines(we had more than the one included in the package) and it went off without a hitch!!

I will say that there was one tiny glitch…there was a misprint on the announcement board outside of the pavilion. We happened to notice it the morning of the wedding when I was at the spa at the Grand Floridian. It is very close to the pavilion so we walked over to take a look and noticed the misprint. We quickly called our wedding coordinator to let her know and she was so apologetic and promised to have it taken care of immediately. True to her word, it was corrected by the time we returned for the ceremony:happy:

Again…we were so very happy with EVERYTHING!

I hope this helps:happy:

Just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to MB!

Welcome to MB!!!

I’m currently planning my Disney Wedding… which will be 5-8 years from now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We don’t have a lot of information on this site for Disney weddings, so if it is okay with everyone, I’ll refer you to a few…

This is a very big forum with lots of “planning journals.” Disney Weddings and Honeymoons - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Here is an exclusive forum… if you are a past or future Disney bride, you can join, but you have to post so often to retain your membership so there are no “lurkers.” DisneyBrides.com - Where fairytales are planned . . . down to the last detail.

Carly Morgan got married at Walt Disney World in 2008 and maintains a very informative blog, The Disney Wedding Blog

Carrie Hayward got married at WDW in 2009, and she cohosts a Disney Wedding Podcast, Inside Disney Weddings Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons Information Headquarters. You can subscribe to it for free on iTunes.

Now, even with all of those planning resources, I hope you stick around MouseBuzz!!! We’d really like to have you!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1065335]Welcome to MB!!!

I’m currently planning my Disney Wedding… which will be 5-8 years from now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We don’t have a lot of information on this site for Disney weddings, so if it is okay with everyone, I’ll refer you to a few…

This is a very big forum with lots of “planning journals.” Disney Weddings and Honeymoons - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Here is an exclusive forum… if you are a past or future Disney bride, you can join, but you have to post so often to retain your membership so there are no “lurkers.” DisneyBrides.com - Where fairytales are planned . . . down to the last detail.

Carly Morgan got married at Walt Disney World in 2008 and maintains a very informative blog, The Disney Wedding Blog

Carrie Hayward got married at WDW in 2009, and she cohosts a Disney Wedding Podcast, Inside Disney Weddings Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons Information Headquarters. You can subscribe to it for free on iTunes.

Now, even with all of those planning resources, I hope you stick around MouseBuzz!!! We’d really like to have you![/QUOTE]

um, victoria, does your family or BF know you are planning a wedding???:blink::ohmy:

They know that I look at Disney weddings all of the time… but they have no idea I have one in the works! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are too cute!!! :wub: I remember the days where I would dream of my wedding one day. I had a binder full of ideas. Us girls are all the same. :wub:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1065335]Welcome to MB!!!

Now, even with all of those planning resources, I hope you stick around MouseBuzz!!! We’d really like to have you![/QUOTE]

i am 16 and happen to be planning my wedding as well, :blush:

I did see a proposal last time I was there.

I plan on renewing my vows at Disney:mickey:

Welcome to MB! You are so lucky to be getting married at WDW! Thats a dream come true! :slight_smile:

Pam and I did our renewal on Sunset Point @ the Poly. Did it at 9:00 AM with the sun bathing the the castle behind us. Talk about pictures.
WDW does it right. It might appear that the cost is high, but let me tell you, they do it right.

CONGRATS!!! My wife and I were married 10-29-02 @ Sunset Point. It was the 11am time slot. Reverend Jack did the ceremony and we was GREAT. Randy Chapman was our photographer and I would recommend him to everyone. My wife surprised me by hiring Stan to videotape the wedding. The day was unbelieveable. Our honeymoon room was in GF in a torret room and it happened to look at Sunset Point. So as we were getting ready we could see them setting up for our wedding. It turned out to be a record setting temperature day that day. At 11am it was already 90. Thanks goodness I owned the tux. My outfit was drenched. We had 15 guest and we treated to them to High Tea afterwards at GF and had reception dinner at Contemporary Steakhouse(no longer exist).
We had a welcome/rehersal dinner the night before at O’hana’s and then had everyone come back to our room for drinks and cookies. We brought cookies from favorite bakery here in Pittsburgh(Moio’s). We also had a thanks for coming/enjoy the rest of your stay breakfest next day at Chef Mickey’s. Everyone had a blast and we meet up with family/friends throughout rest of week we were there.
Have fun and ENJOY!!!

[QUOTE=timon71;1066152]CONGRATS!!! My wife and I were married 10-29-02 @ Sunset Point. It was the 11am time slot. Reverend Jack did the ceremony and we was GREAT. Randy Chapman was our photographer and I would recommend him to everyone. My wife surprised me by hiring Stan to videotape the wedding. The day was unbelieveable. Our honeymoon room was in GF in a torret room and it happened to look at Sunset Point. So as we were getting ready we could see them setting up for our wedding. It turned out to be a record setting temperature day that day. At 11am it was already 90. Thanks goodness I owned the tux. My outfit was drenched. We had 15 guest and we treated to them to High Tea afterwards at GF and had reception dinner at Contemporary Steakhouse(no longer exist).
We had a welcome/rehersal dinner the night before at O’hana’s and then had everyone come back to our room for drinks and cookies. We brought cookies from favorite bakery here in Pittsburgh(Moio’s). We also had a thanks for coming/enjoy the rest of your stay breakfest next day at Chef Mickey’s. Everyone had a blast and we meet up with family/friends throughout rest of week we were there.
Have fun and ENJOY!!![/QUOTE]

Oh - that sounds so nice!!!

[QUOTE=timon71;1066152]CONGRATS!!! My wife and I were married 10-29-02 @ Sunset Point. It was the 11am time slot. Reverend Jack did the ceremony and we was GREAT. Randy Chapman was our photographer and I would recommend him to everyone. My wife surprised me by hiring Stan to videotape the wedding. The day was unbelieveable. Our honeymoon room was in GF in a torret room and it happened to look at Sunset Point. So as we were getting ready we could see them setting up for our wedding. It turned out to be a record setting temperature day that day. At 11am it was already 90. Thanks goodness I owned the tux. My outfit was drenched. We had 15 guest and we treated to them to High Tea afterwards at GF and had reception dinner at Contemporary Steakhouse(no longer exist).
Have fun and ENJOY!!![/QUOTE]

That sounds like it was wonderful. It’s all about making beautiful memories and making them at Disney is even more special!!

We did a vow renewal at Sunset Point on 10/22/05.
The only thing that marred our day was Hurricane Wilma, which was slowly moving in before striking the next day.
In order to get better pictures, make sure you are facing the hotel and your officiant is facing the water.
This way, your pictures can be framed by two tall palm trees and have the castle in the background.

Oh yeah, we didn’t have any guests because everyone in South Florida was afraid to leave home with a Cat 4 hurricane heading their way and people up north weren’t going to fly down with a monster scheduled to hit at any moment.