Has anyone take a post stay survey?

Disney asked me to take a resort survey about a recent trip.
Of course there were the usual questions about how many times you’ve been to WDW, how many beds and what type, what resort, how did you arrive, etc.
But there were a group of 20 questions with groups of 5 choices that you had to pick most and least likely to make you want to book. I’d say that this wasn’t a set list, but depended upon your previous answers because as you’d run through the groups, many of the items would repeat depending on what you’d said before.
Of course there were the usuals like bigger bed, upgraded bedding, free transport from airport, free transport to parks, and questions about pools.
But in with all of this were also free wireless in room, free wireless in public areas, more channels on cable, a lazy river with tubes for rent, and various upscale dining options such as a buffet, a character dining experience, various ethnic menus, a heavily themed sit down and enhanced premium food courts.

I would love to see queen beds in all hotels and would certainly love more choices on cable beside the 6 ESPN channels, 4 Disney channels, and garbage local UHF stations that always seem to be running broadcasts of revivals:huh:. I know we’d all like free internet in the room and many people now want free wi fi hot spots.

Anyway, have any of you seen this survey and what do you think?

I am a little surprised that they do not offer at least free wi-fi. I know the idea is to remove you from the real world, but for some people (my husband)-he cannot fully escape… and if he had access to free wi-fi then he would not have to work at night when he returns to the room. Little things like that would help in our little world of a disney vacation…

I’ve never been asked but I love your answers Doug. Those are the things that would really make it wholly perfect for us especially being so far from home, wireless for sure would make a huge difference.
Also, the tv channels were dire last trip. We were so disappointed with the choice of stations available.

We bring a portable DVD player that we hook to the TV, so we watch a lot of movies we’ve brought from home. It’s either that, Weather Channel, or MSNBC.
I did notice that they are starting to roll out HD programming as they’ve replaced old TVs with new widescreens, but still. DW has to sleep with the TV on and hates commercials, as if you can sleep through CNN or Sports Center, which is why we need to bring so many movies from home, as many as 40 for long trips.
In October we stayed at the Hard Rock for a couple days before heading to WDW and their cable offerings were much better and more balanced (read that as not jamming NBC owned networks down our throats like Disney does with ABC/Disney). Still had to pay for internet though.

I’ve taken this survey before, but it was emailed to me about a week after we got back. It had the same questions, though. I agree with you about the internet. I would at least be able to check my email once in a while or check and see what the weathers supposed to be like while I’m out and about.

Princesslindsey, yours came after only about a week?
Mine was asking about a visit in August, and we’ve been there twice since.
I thought it was about my visit two weeks ago, or possibly October.
While I was doing the 20 most/least questions, it felt a bit like having my eyes checked.
“Which is better 1 or 2?”
click click
“OK, 3 or 4”
click click
“OK, 1 or 4”

You get the idea.

We have had 4 surveys in the last 5 months. I have not had those questions asked but I do like how you responded. We are either at the deluxe hotels or DVC. At DVC we get free internet but not at the deluxe. It will be interesting to what others have been asked.

The DVC rooms are slowly getting refurb rooms, so Boardwalks refurb rooms now have flatscreens but channel choices need to be updated.

For internet, husband brings his WiFi card and uses that plus a router box so all our computers can be used on the internet. That is how he deals with it at the deluxes.

I also have noted that surveys are not always in order, we had one for our last stay then we got one for our early November trip. How can I remember that trip when I already had another one? Oh well.

Kathy

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1059179]Disney asked me to take a resort survey about a recent trip.
Of course there were the usual questions about how many times you’ve been to WDW, how many beds and what type, what resort, how did you arrive, etc.
But there were a group of 20 questions with groups of 5 choices that you had to pick most and least likely to make you want to book. I’d say that this wasn’t a set list, but depended upon your previous answers because as you’d run through the groups, many of the items would repeat depending on what you’d said before.
Of course there were the usuals like bigger bed, upgraded bedding, free transport from airport, free transport to parks, and questions about pools.
But in with all of this were also free wireless in room, free wireless in public areas, more channels on cable, a lazy river with tubes for rent, and various upscale dining options such as a buffet, a character dining experience, various ethnic menus, a heavily themed sit down and enhanced premium food courts.

I would love to see queen beds in all hotels and would certainly love more choices on cable beside the 6 ESPN channels, 4 Disney channels, and garbage local UHF stations that always seem to be running broadcasts of revivals:huh:. I know we’d all like free internet in the room and many people now want free wi fi hot spots.

Anyway, have any of you seen this survey and what do you think?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have, for the last couple visits on-line. Starting to think it’s standard procedure now.

I seem to be getting about a survey a month ever since our last trip to Disneyland in March 2010.

I took the usual resort survey yesterday about my trip the week after Thanksgiving. No questions about things I would like to see offered in the resorts but I did take a very similar survey a few months ago (maybe August?) asking what I would like to see at DVC resorts (1, 2, 3 or 4 – 2, 3, 4, or 5, etc). Better tv channels were high on my list too.

It seems I get a survey every time we come home. In fact most of the time we get two, one from those people who ask for your zip code in the parks and one from the resort.

I had a survey right after my trip in August and was then sent the survey that you mentioned.

I have never received the survey you mentioned, Doug, just the post stay online one asking about the resort, cleanliness, what amenities you used and where you dined, etc.

I have to say that even though the channels at the WDW resorts are a joke, I kind of like it. I know I am on a WDW vacation when all I get to watch is rebroadcasts of the day’s soap operas, sports highlights, weather or Stacey and the Disney Must Dos. LOL But I do understand that for the majority of folks, the limited channels are frustrating.

Yep, I got an email about a week after I got home. That was for my trip in June. It was the first time I’d received it.

Yes, I have. The last time I went to WDW in August I received a suvey after returning home. I took the time to do the entire survey which was LONG, but so worth it. I like that I was able to give WDW my feedback on my stay. They asked about restuarants I went to etc. I was honest and told them about every little bump and glory of the trip. I hope it was read and taken seriously.

I took one once - and it WAS long - but kinda fun. I like taking surveys. I was hoping they’d offer me I’d won a free trip to WDW, but sadly…:crying:

I have gotten a survey after each time I stayed when I stayed in a deluxe, along with a post card thanking me for visiting.

When I stayed at POP, we didn’t get any follow up.

I always complete the surveys. The last two times I have called to make reservations for another trip, there has been a code attached to my name for a discount.

Always call to make reservations rather than booking online. You never know. . . :happy:

Absolutely. How else can we get things adjusted for our next visit. We are BLT DVCers and there were several things disappointing with our accommodations, none that we wanted to waste time getting taken care of when we were there in Nov/Dec, but ones that we needed to give our opinion on. Especially when we are paying hefty for our DVC.

Definitely the WiFi issue in BLT. I know Disney does not want us spending too much time out of the parks, but at 11PM when everything is closed and you have a boat load of pictures you want to post, it would be nice to be able to do so without going to the lobby. No ethernet cable either.