Has anyone used WDW apps on their iPhone for planning?

I love planning my trips almost as much as the trips themselves, and I always make my cute little itineraries with my Disney clipart. However, I have become addicted to my iPhone, and use it for EVERYTHING! I have found several applications for Disney planning right on my phone, and I’m wondering if anyone has any opinions on these before I buy any. I’m specifically looking at Disney Checklist, but I’d like to know about other Disney apps too. Let me know what you think! Thanks!!:happy:

I have heard about a few apps, but have never heard from anyone who has actually used one. Can’t wait to read the replies!

Disney Aps on the IPHONE!!! I am totally addicted to my iphone and Iphone aps too!!! I gotta check this out!!!

I have the Disney dining app on mine. It lists every eating place in the parks resorts etc and even lets you access the menu. I can’t remember exactly but I think there was a very small charge for this.
If you put Disney in the Apps search there is a whole ruck of cool apps to get, some free, some charged Let me google that for you

The Disney game Fairies is great too and free.

Me too!! I didn’t realie there were any planning apps until this morning and DH found some. I’m really hoping someone around here has used them and can tell me about them. Then I’ll know which ones I want to get.

[QUOTE=dixie;958031]I have the Disney dining app on mine. It lists every eating place in the parks resorts etc and even lets you access the menu. I can’t remember exactly but I think there was a very small charge for this.
If you put Disney in the Apps search there is a whole ruck of cool apps to get, some free, some charged Let me google that for you

The Disney game Fairies is great too and free.[/QUOTE]

I saw the dining app too, Dixie. That’s the one that DH first saw and thought was pretty cool. I then searched Disney and found all the other great Disney apps. I gotta decide which ones, if any, we would use. Since you like the dining one, I might have to get that one.

I just got my iPhone on Wednesday and already I found the WDW Apps! :laugh: I didn’t buy any yet, but they had a few good ones for 99 cents. I am DEFINITELY getting the WDW Dining one!!! I’ll let you know how it is once I use it!

P.S. I have a question…if you put a gazillion apps on your phone, does it take space away from the memory?

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;958162]I just got my iPhone on Wednesday and already I found the WDW Apps! :laugh: I didn’t buy any yet, but they had a few good ones for 99 cents. I am DEFINITELY getting the WDW Dining one!!! I’ll let you know how it is once I use it!

P.S. I have a question…if you put a gazillion apps on your phone, does it take space away from the memory?[/QUOTE]

You are going to love your iPhone! If you put several apps on your phone it will use some memory, but not too much. I actually take apps off from time to time, and they remain on my MacBook and I can put them back on my phone when I’m ready.

I have the wdw dining app and love it. When I’m sitting in the carpool line at school sometimes I’ll just start looking through all the restaurants and menus looking for something new to try on our June trip.

Another good thing is that it is only .99

[QUOTE=unamadreditre;958201]I have the wdw dining app and love it. When I’m sitting in the carpool line at school sometimes I’ll just start looking through all the restaurants and menus looking for something new to try on our June trip.

Another good thing is that it is only .99[/QUOTE]

I just bought the Disney Dining App…I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It will even dial t407-WDW-DINE from your iPhone at the touch of a button. I have been looking at the menus all day! :happy:

That is so cool, or as my husband just said when I told him, “That’s slick.” Okay, so I have to get the dining app.

HAHA…:laugh:…I showed my husband my WDW Dining App and instead of saying “THAT’S SLICK”, he said “THAT’S SICK!” He thinks my WDW obsession is SOOO outta control! :laugh:

DH has just come to grips with the fact that the kids and I all have a very sick obsession with WDW. He enjoys it, but it’s not what he thinks about 24/7 like the rest of us. :blush:

So I’ve decided on the dining app for sure, and I’m still leaning towards the checklist. I just think it would be fun to add all my plans for the day to my phone. Plus, when I’m waiting on the kids or whatever, I can play around and always have a trip to plan literally at my fingertips!

I just bought the WDW Secrets App and the Times Guide one.

The secrets are cool… fun and handy. Not really “secrets” but fun facts. I haven’t read through them all.

I love the times guide app (can’t remember official name). I think it would really come in handy at WDW. Since I’m not there, I’m not sure if it’s actually accurate or how quickly it updates, but it seems like a good idea.

3.0 coming out next month(prolly) CANT WAIT MMS! SEARCH, LANDSCAPE, YOUTUBE IMPROVEMENTS, And from a iPhone app developer 1000 NEW API’S! OHH YEAH! SO EXCITED! lol had to put that in there. and I’ve looked at the WDW apps and I like them they are ok but what I want is WDW MAPS! WITH LOCATION CONTROLS! So that get this, when your in the park you just access the app, it tells you where YOU ARE and you select the place you want to go, Like if I’m at Space Mountain, and I want to go ride the Haunted Mansion which way would be the fastest? it would be great for first time visitors and visitors that have not been there in some time. Also it would take into account the time and adjust accordingly with the times of the parades. List optimal view points for parades and events such as the Fireworks times and some sort of “traffic” indicator so you know where the MASSES of people are. and here is something else since 3.0 is coming out and the New API’s will allow phone to phone connectivity you could use that to find people around you with the same app and you the new 3.0 Location API to find people, send them a message that tells them a friend/family member wants to know where you are and have them meet you at this location at set time. It would enable families to have customizable days but still be connected and be a family trip. I cant tell you how many times I’ve wanted to ride this and then they wanted to ride something else we split up and have to figure out a specified location to meet up when we all could just know where everyone is at and see if you could ride that ride one more time before they get there. Optimizing of time me thinks!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;959161]I just bought the WDW Secrets App and the Times Guide one.

The secrets are cool… fun and handy. Not really “secrets” but fun facts. I haven’t read through them all.

I love the times guide app (can’t remember official name). I think it would really come in handy at WDW. Since I’m not there, I’m not sure if it’s actually accurate or how quickly it updates, but it seems like a good idea.[/QUOTE]

The Secrets App would be fun when I’m bored and waiting on the kids or whatever, because I always enjoy reading about Disney!

I may truly need the times guide. That would be very handy this August!

Wow! VERY cool!

This sounds AMAZING!!!

well if enough people like the Idea i just might start development…