Has H1N1 had any affect on Disneyworld?

Does anyone know, particularly you Floridians, if any precautions have been taken at Disneyworld regarding the H1N1 virus? Have there been any reports of many Floridians/Travellers being hit with the virus?

Kind of vanished from the news, huh?

I noticed that too.

I was talking to member services this morning and since the computers were down, we chatted about other things. I asked about crowds at disney and she said as far as the DVC, she has seen more people who were planning trips elsewhere but now they are staying in the US instead.

And she said “as always disney, is staying on top on cleaning procedures, so not to worry”

I am down here now…at AKV they left a note under the door stating the obvious…wash hands, keep clean etc. However local news is all over it since they have 1 confirmed case in Seminole County (I think)… Aside from that, weather is great!!!

Hey, that is good to hear. We will be down this weekend and at Mk on Tuesday, how are the crowds?

Only 1 person with a mask last weekend, and one older man in the airport.

Like grumpy said, notice in the room but that’s about it. Sort of expected to see the sanitizer dispensers everywhere like on the cruise ships.

Well I think that they are finding out right now that it is not acting any worse the the normal flu bug at least for right now…hopefully it might burn itself out.

Selfishly i was hoping more people would have freaked out and canceled so that i could have had my DVC wait list come through. LOL

YouTube - Congressman Paul on the Recent Swine Flu Scare Ron Paul FTW. sorry I didn’t look at the H1N1 virus any different than any other flu, because its just mass media scaring people like they always do putting people into a frenzy. This is also why I don’t get flu shots, never had one never got the flu, anyone that i know has had one and got the flu BAD. sorry I’m not buying the here let us inject you with a special strain of influenza to prevent you from getting it. thats like here let me poor some gasoline on you to prevent you from igniting into flames while i strike this match and hold it to the fumes.

I called to cancel our room ressie for July and the CM asked me specifically if I was cancelling because of the swine flu panic. I said no, more of a “pocketbook panic”. We just decided we couldn’t swing it this year. So people must be asking lots about it.

We were there last week (may 2-11) and no one seemed phased by it… We just used travel hand sanitizer…

I was secretly hoping that alot of people would freak and cancel their reservations… :blush: but that didn’t happen… LOL

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;959189]We were there last week (may 2-11) and no one seemed phased by it… We just used travel hand sanitizer…

I was secretly hoping that alot of people would freak and cancel their reservations… :blush: but that didn’t happen… LOL[/QUOTE]

It was crazy busy wasn’t it? And HOT! There were sanitizer on the counter by all the registers, and I noticed newly installed sanitizer dispensers in the bathrooms, but that’s about it!

(sorry we didn’t meet up :frown: by the time I thought to text you, it was time for us to leave)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;959198]It was crazy busy wasn’t it? And HOT! There were sanitizer on the counter by all the registers, and I noticed newly installed sanitizer dispensers in the bathrooms, but that’s about it!

(sorry we didn’t meet up :frown: by the time I thought to text you, it was time for us to leave)[/QUOTE]

We didn’t think that the crowds were too too bad!! Noticed more people by the pools!! No chairs to be found!!! LOL

PS–that’s ok!! There’s always a next time!!

We were there this week and we noticed that too!! :laugh:

I didn’t hear a word about anything flu-related while I was there. They do have little pocket sanitizers for sale by all the registers (smart merchandise move!), but I didn’t notice anything else.

Good hopefully it will all die down and that it won’t end up being that bad after all. but the hand sanitizers out like that is not a bad thing anyway…

In all honesty folks…30,000 people die a year from the regular fluTHIRTY THOUSAND. Aside from the economic crisis, it has been a slow news cycle. I am not saying don’t be careful, but this is blown all out of many porportions! Treat it as you would with any other airborne illness (in the winter) except it is warmer!

Just my 2 cents!

I agree!! I always wish I had some. My hands just feel so GROSS after a while from touching all those doors, rails in the lines, bars on the rides, etc. :blow: And that has nothing to do with swine flu! :laugh: