Has the music in the attractions changed?

Hi—Planning our next trip—have been 14? times but there’s always something new. :slight_smile:

I noticed while on hold today, that the music has changed to a more modern version of some of the attractions. Does anyone who has been recently know if this is true of the actual attractions? I know that there are many cover songs of the attractions, but I sure hate to hear that they might have changed the old favorites played in the attractions itself—such as Grime Grinning Ghosts—
Hope not.

It was still the same at WDW as of the end of February.

Phew! Thank you. I have copies of the cover songs on a CD, but I sure would miss the original versions in the attractions!!! I wonder why the recording on hold talks about the music from “Haunted Mansion” as the cover version was playing?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1105070]Hi—Planning our next trip—have been 14? times but there’s always something new. :slight_smile:

I noticed while on hold today, that the music has changed to a more modern version of some of the attractions. Does anyone who has been recently know if this is true of the actual attractions? I know that there are many cover songs of the attractions, but I sure hate to hear that they might have changed the old favorites played in the attractions itself—such as Grime Grinning Ghosts—
Hope not.[/QUOTE]

Now I want to call WDW and be put on hold for a while. But I have no reason to!

The music was the same as of 2 weeks ago. If fact, we got temporarily delayed by the spooks in the graveyard scene, and the music was definitely the same… I got to see some things I had never noticed- like the teapot pouring itself in the graveyard…

Are there any other attractions that you are thinking about?

[QUOTE=hanwill;1105125]The music was the same as of 2 weeks ago. If fact, we got temporarily delayed by the spooks in the graveyard scene, and the music was definitely the same… I got to see some things I had never noticed- like the teapot pouring itself in the graveyard…

Are there any other attractions that you are thinking about?[/QUOTE]

Is the teapot on the right or left side?

on the left. There are some people having tea, but the teapot is on the ground, almost behind a gravestone marker… going up and down, pouring tea… with no one around- cute.

Wow as many times as I have been on that attraction I have never noticed that one. Any other “finds”?

-Harry

I heard that they had Elton John redo all the music for the Haunted Mansion…Alice Cooper has been tapped for the Small World musical redo and Katy Perry is doing Pirates of the Caribbean.

Seriously though, I’m still waiting for them to do the Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween overlay on Haunted Mansion like they’ve been doing at Disneyland for years.

I did hear that they’re dropping Aerosmith from the coaster and putting Megadeath in as the replacement.:wink:

Isn’t Nickleback replacing the Splash Mountain sound track?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1105148]Seriously though, I’m still waiting for them to do the Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween overlay on Haunted Mansion like they’ve been doing at Disneyland for years.

I did hear that they’re dropping Aerosmith from the coaster and putting Megadeath in as the replacement.:wink:[/QUOTE]

I heard it was Lawrence Welk replacing Aerosmith.

Nope Adele, she’s everywhere…:eek:

Nope Lawrence Welk is Tower of Terror…Aerosmith is moving to Toy Story Mania.

That leaves AC/DC for Winnie the Pooh.

Yup…and Ozzy for Peter Pan.

Ummm Ok you guys are scaring me! :slight_smile: No Megadeath please?

I was just going by the recording while I was waiting online…listing to new cover music…and an announcer breaks in and says you are listening to music from the Haunted Mansion by…so and so…and I don’t think the name was anyone I recognized. He also mentioned It’s a Small World. If they change that—I may have to boycott the ride. :blink:

lol I may call back during a busy time to listen again—and I’ll let you know.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1105227]Ummm Ok you guys are scaring me! :slight_smile: No Megadeath please?

I was just going by the recording while I was waiting online…listing to new cover music…and an announcer breaks in and says you are listening to music from the Haunted Mansion by…so and so…and I don’t think the name was anyone I recognized. He also mentioned It’s a Small World. If they change that—I may have to boycott the ride. :blink:

lol I may call back during a busy time to listen again—and I’ll let you know.[/QUOTE]

Marilyn Manson has the new music for It’s a Small World.

Seriously, they are closing Snow White sometime, but you might get there before it closes… Hope you get to hear it one more time before it is gone…

I picture more of an Evanescence vibe in there, maybe “Bring me back to life” or “Haunted”, oh wait, better yet “My Immortal”

-H