Hassle to move from one resort to another?

I am staying 9/19 to 9/27 at POP. we have a very early flight - arrive MCO at 9 am. There is a room available at AS Sports and I can change my flight to night before, arrive at 10 pm No rooms are available at POP.

How much of a hassle will it be to do this - to check out of Sports, catch a bus to POP (I’m not renting a car) and I realize I’ll have to go to a resort, then to POP.

or after all of this would I be further ahead to save the $92 and keep the original plans - with little sleep

We have switched resorts several times and never find it a hassle. For a one night stay we pack an over night bag so we don’t have to open the bigger bags. We call bell services and have them come get our bags and take them to our new resort.

We don’t go straight to the new resort, we head out and enjoy our day then check in when we take our break. We don’t feel like it takes any time from our touring.

It sounds like a lot of work to gain just a few more hours at Disney. If I were you I would leave your plans just the way they are and try to sleep on the plane.

We switched resorts from ALK to CBR on our last trip and it was not a hassle at all. The move your luggage for you so the only thing you would have to worry about is checking in at the other resort. I think if you could get a good nights sleep vs not getting a good nights sleep, I would take the sleep.

I haven’t done it personally, but from what I’ve heard & read, switching between Disney resorts is really easy. Like Stephanie said, they move your luggage between resorts, so you don’t have to worry about that. It really comes down to if you want to spend the extra money to change the flight and add another night of hotels to make that first full day at Disney less tiresome.

I won’t cost anything to change flights because I’m southwest and the ticket price is the same. The room is the only fee. I would have to check into POP before touring the parks because I wouldn’t have my park tickets until I do that. My kennel and airport parking will be the same because of over/under the 24 hour mark.

Although on paper it sounds great to gain that extra night, by the time you land and get to the hotel it will be 11 at least. You’ll probably be hungry, but the food court will be closed.
Get to bed by midnight. I’m guessing you won’t get your luggage till morning, just in time to call bell services to transfer it to POP? We take a morning flight about the some time, and find we still have the energy to run around till 7 ish or so. And we’re old!!! If you could get in by 7 pm or so, I’d say go for it, but otherwise, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Aside from the flight time issue, we have switched resorts several times and do just what DisneyTeacher said.

[QUOTE=sue299;876477]I am staying 9/19 to 9/27 at POP. we have a very early flight - arrive MCO at 9 am. There is a room available at AS Sports and I can change my flight to night before, arrive at 10 pm No rooms are available at POP.

How much of a hassle will it be to do this - to check out of Sports, catch a bus to POP (I’m not renting a car) and I realize I’ll have to go to a resort, then to POP.

or after all of this would I be further ahead to save the $92 and keep the original plans - with little sleep[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it would be too much hassle. Just grab a cab and spend $ 15.00 instead of doing the resort transportation dance :wink:

Save the money. You will spend 3 to 4 hours, checking in twice, waiting for transport, packing and repacking. I wouldn’t do it…

Got to agree with bribren. Although switching is no problem at all, you really won’t gain but an hour or two at most at the parks.

Keep the morning flight, check in leaving you bags with bell services at the hotel and just hit the ground running.

I don’t think its a hassle at all to switch resorts at Disney, its actually quite easy. But I am inclined to agree with the last two posts, to just stick to your original plan.

Ibet even with the early flight you all will be wired and ready to go into the parks (at least for a few hours). Once you get tired just go back to POP, take a nap and go back out :slight_smile:

We are getting there at 10AM and that is the plan - except we will probably not go back out after the nap, we will just go to the pool, make it an early night and be ready for the next day magic hour park :slight_smile:

Switching from one resort to another is a breeze. We stayed at the Beach Club for 3 nights and then stitched to Port Orleans French Quarters. Just have bell service pick up your luggage and they take care of it for you. When you are done at the parks just go check and your luggage will be in your room.

What I usually do is stay off-site in the maingate area of Kissimme (192, Irlo Bronson Hwy), and only spend about $40 on a hotel there since we are only going there to sleep for the nite, get up and ck-into our WDW Resort.

BUT, I always rent a car. More convenient and no hassles.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;876498]call bell services to transfer it to POP?
QUOTE]

Is that all you have to do is call bell services to transfer your luggage? We will be switching resorts in Jan and thought we would have to transfer it:wacko:

If you have done this before please fill me in on the procedure. How long does it take for your luggage to arrive at the new location?

[QUOTE=Dawn;876829][QUOTE=jo-jo;876498]call bell services to transfer it to POP?
QUOTE]

Is that all you have to do is call bell services to transfer your luggage? We will be switching resorts in Jan and thought we would have to transfer it:wacko:

If you have done this before please fill me in on the procedure. How long does it take for your luggage to arrive at the new location?

A few hours. You’ll be at the park and your luggage will be waiting for you when you return :wink:

HI,

I will be switching from SSR to OKW and then back to SSR. I will have my park ticket already, but how will the dining plan work? Will I have to go to OKW to get my dining plan for those days and then go back to SSR to get my dining plan for those days? I am on the waiting list to be at OKW the entire stay (9/25-30/08) - but no luck yet. My fingers are still crossed that it happens.

thanks,
margaret.

I’d save the money and keep the original plans.