Haunted Mansion info

My sister sent this to me, so I can’t reference the source, but here it is:

Haunted Mansion enhancements. In addition to fixing broken and worn-out effects throughout the attraction, the summer 2007 rehab will also introduce the crystal ball “floating Leota” effect from Disneyland. Also, the spider webs at the top of the staircase (near the start of the ride) will be removed, and a new “maze of staircases” effect will be added, channeling either Escher or Hogwarts, depending on how cynical your outlook is! The attic’s bride will be the black widow seen in California, and new graveyard animatronics will replace tired and worn ones. A footsteps effect (and a shadow effect) will provide new items to the ride that even the Anaheim version does not have.

Making the Haunts Even Happier

That old, creepy, uninhabited mansion – you know, the one where you sometimes hear mysterious sounds and see eerie apparitions? I think something’s going on up there. Ever since June, I seem to hear weird noises in the dead of night … noises suspiciously like hammering and sawing. But none of the 999 permanent residents seem to be leaving the joint. Is it possible that that place is going to get even SPOOKIER?

That’s right – in case you haven’t heard the news through the ghoulish grapevine, the Magic Kingdom Park’s venerable Haunted Mansion is getting a facelift. New details are being added to reward sharp-eyed spookhunters, and some high-tech magic is being put to use to create old-fashioned thrills. Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer for the attraction, told us what to expect if you dare to venture through the doors of this most beloved attraction, which is slated to reopen this month.

“For several months, our team has been “illusioneering,” making the invisible, visible,” explains Kathy. “For example, a previously unseen wing of the Mansion has been revealed for the first time. Observant Guests will see more of the 999 happy haunts cavorting on a seemingly endless staircase leading to secret realms. Watch closely and you’ll see evidence of these residents – their glowing footprints, candles going out – is it the wind or did someone blow them out? It’s for you to decide. Other haunts reveal themselves in the mansion’s infamous Corridor of Doors – don’t blink or you’ll miss the clues!”

The Haunted Mansion is one of the Disney Theme Park attractions that have inspired legions of passionate fans. The last thing anyone wanted to do was to change the experience in a way that would disappoint Guests, and Kathy and her team were acutely aware of the necessity to “strengthen the story, and not change it.” So in many cases they expanded on the lore that already existed – as in Kathy’s own favorite addition: “In the attic the long, sad tale of Constance on her wedding days finally comes to light. For almost 40 years, our Guests have come face to face with Constance the bride. Now it’s time for them to meet her and her grooms face to face – all five of them! They all loved Constance,” she laughs. “In fact, you could say they lost their heads over her.”

In addition to adding to the story, the Imagineers are taking advantage of some technological advances since the Mansion first saw the light of day. You won’t be overwhelmed with high-tech bells and whistles that disturb the eerie atmosphere, but, Kathy promises, “Imagineers constantly look for new ways to combine compelling stories with new technologies. As we’ve worked to enhance Haunted Mansion, we’ve added a few surprises that may make the ghosts seem a little closer than before.”

So whether it’s your first visit to the Mansion or your hundredth, when Guests are allowed to enter that elegant but eerie house again, keep your eyes peeled. You never know when you’ll stumble across the evidence of a haunt you haven’t encountered before! And remember – there’s always room for one more.

Wow, I really dislike that ride as I think it is very boring. I know they are doing a digital remastering of the sound… But, this information release really has my interest sparked! I’m actually excited for once to get on the ride!!!

Having seen tne new effects in Disneyland, they will be a nice improvement at WDW. :wub:

Glad to see that y’all will get to experience it soon! :eek:

I think your sister got this fromt the disney newsletter, I just got the same article from Disney Insider.

I’m so happy that I’ll be there next Friday night for the first days of opening. I’m really hoping it is wonderful!

I am not embarrassed to say that I am STILL always very spooked going on the Haunted Mansion, I think all the enhancements may turn me into even MORE of a scardy-cat :laugh: :ninja:. I LOVE Disneyland’s “new version,” the attic is just amazing. I REALLY hope WDW’s will be just as great… or even better!

Did I read somewhere that in the mirror room where a ghost joins you in your doombuggy there will NOW be “free flying” ghosts that will unexpectedly land in doombuggies instead of the “mirror effect?” 'Cause if so I am SOOOO NOT going on this ride ever again. :noo: scary, scary, scary! :tongue:

I love that they are updating a little, but not too much. Just another good reason to go back :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see the new improvements

Ive always liked the ride and it sounds like they made it even better

Sounds great, can’t wait to see the changes in Jan.!

I am really looking forward to seeing the enchanced version. Last year while I was on the college program I did notice that several things seem “tired” and often there were audio issues. I love the Disney enchances their attractions. Every year there is something new to look forward to. Last year it was POTC, and this year is the the Mansion. :happy: :happy:

Make sure you post a full report!! :happy:

I also read this in the latest Disney email - but I’m SOO excited about it. Our whole family LOVES this ride!! Now, I’ve just got to figure out when we can get back down there to see it!!

My DH, DS, & myself absolutely love this ride. We never leave without doing it at least twice. :ph34r: I believe that I am still young at heart and that is why I get into the spooky vibe. It doesn’t matter how old the ride is or how the effects are cheesey it is the “spirit” of Disney…no pun…:eek:

We are so stoked over the new fixer uppers… hope its done by May 1st 08??? Anyone know? :mickey: :cheshire:

I read that too! I can’t wait to see the new and improved HM.

I CANNOT wait! I just love this ride (and enjoy watching the movie, too!) It will be one of the first we enjoy on our next visit.

it is supposed to be open on the 13th when we are there. IT JSUT BETTER BE OR i TELL YA SOMTHIN MISTER iM GOING TO BE SOOO UNHAPPY.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :eek: :eek: :frown: :frown: :frown: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Have a great trip! let us know how the “Mansion” was. I love that ride & am anxious to see it next trip.