Have a backup for your MDE plans

I’m not sure if anyone noticed that the MDE app was down for a large part of the day yesterday, including all the kiosks in the parks. I couldn’t see any of our Fastpass+ plans or dining reservations. When I went to the Fastpass kiosk and asked the CM to look and tell me if I still had FPs before I went to the attraction the CM told me she couldn’t see my plans and that their whole system was down. All the screens were covered and there were just two CMs standing there telling people they weren’t sure when the system would be back up. That’s a huge fail.

I guess I’m a little OCD because before I left I made an index card for every day that included extra magic hours, our fastpass plans, and dining reservations. I just folded it in half each morning and stuck my AP card, ID, and DVC member card in it and slipped it in my pocket I didn’t want to have to rely on my phone in case my battery died or was running low. I also took a screen shot on my phone for each day. Had I relied on the app to know where to be while the app was down we would have missed our fastpasses. I also saw a couple of people with what looked like a print out of their plans so maybe there’s a way to print your plans from the website.

I also do a spreadsheet with our plans and had our fastpass times on that as well. Ok, maybe I’m more than a little OCD but I wanted to be sure that we knew when and where to be. When we only get three fastpasses a day I wanted to be sure and use them.

By the way, I don’t think having a screenshot or print out will get you on an attraction if your fastpasses are truly lost (I’ve read horror stories of this happening) but you will know where to be if you can’t get on the app.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1919093366]I’m not sure if anyone noticed that the MDE app was down for a large part of the day yesterday, including all the kiosks in the parks. I couldn’t see any of our Fastpass+ plans or dining reservations. When I went to the Fastpass kiosk and asked the CM to look and tell me if I still had FPs before I went to the attraction the CM told me she couldn’t see my plans and that their whole system was down. All the screens were covered and there were just two CMs standing there telling people they weren’t sure when the system would be back up. That’s a huge fail.

I guess I’m a little OCD because before I left I made an index card for every day that included extra magic hours, our fastpass plans, and dining reservations. I just folded it in half each morning and stuck my AP card, ID, and DVC member card in it and slipped it in my pocket I didn’t want to have to rely on my phone in case my battery died or was running low. I also took a screen shot on my phone for each day. Had I relied on the app to know where to be while the app was down we would have missed our fastpasses. I also saw a couple of people with what looked like a print out of their plans so maybe there’s a way to print your plans from the website.

I also do a spreadsheet with our plans and had our fastpass times on that as well. Ok, maybe I’m more than a little OCD but I wanted to be sure that we knew when and where to be. When we only get three fastpasses a day I wanted to be sure and use them.

By the way, I don’t think having a screenshot or print out will get you on an attraction if your fastpasses are truly lost (I’ve read horror stories of this happening) but you will know where to be if you can’t get on the app.[/QUOTE]

I printed out all our plans from the website. I hope I don’t need it.

Could you still go on rides? Did you MB light up properly?

At the times we wanted to use our Fastpasses we could. I’m not sure if that was an issue earlier in the day but that part was working when we needed it to. We walked up to the CM at the Fastpass+ kiosk and she told us their system was down and walked straight to Test Track and used out fastpass so it was less than 10 minutes so I’m guessing that part had been working for a bit because there were people in front of us in line and no unhappy people with FPs waiting to get in when we walked up.