Have a Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

it’s talk like a pirate day. i will honor it w/ a quote from my favorite pirate…“The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow. It has such a lovely ring to it…” :pirate:

Jack : I?m sorry, it?s just - it?s such a pretty boat. Ship.

Murtogg: What?s your name?

Jack : Smith. Or Smithy, if you like.

Mullroy: What?s your purpose in Port Royal , Mr. Smith ?

Murtogg: Yeah. and no lies.

Jack: Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!

Murtogg: I said no lies!

Mullroy: I think he?s telling the truth.

Murtogg: If he were telling the truth, he wouldn?t have told us.

Jack : Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn?t believe the truth even if he told it to you.

my favorite scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, couldn’t resist since it is talk like a pirate day

Where’s the RUM!?!?

good one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that’s one of my favorites along with don’t touch my dirt :pirate:

No really I need some rum to get thru today :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
too bad, no rum for you!!! misery loves company.

Bloody Anne Cash be my pirate name! Arrr, bring me the rum and be quick about it!

Back to work, ye scurvey dog!:pirate:

It’s not even eight bells yet. :dry:

'tis too early to splice the main brace.:nonono2:

ARG!!!

That says it all!

No, not where’s the rum?

Hide the Rum!!:laugh:

Talk like a Pirate day?? :biggrin: Boy, better not give me permission…I’ll drive DH nuts all day long!

Why’s the rum gone?!?

No rum for you, savvy? Arrrr!

:pirate: “I happen to have no dress in my room…”:pirate:

A girl I was working with today didn’t believe me when I said it was Talk Like a Pirate Day! She thought I made it up (and called me weird!) :glare: Like I could make that up (though I am a little weird… :laugh: )
:pirate: Oh well, I hope everybody else had a great Talk Like a Pirate Day! :pirate:

Arrr… It appears I’ve missed it… a fate worse than walking the plank…

Dang. I missed it. :pinch:

I heard about it on the radio yesterday, but then forgot about it after I got to work. Maybe I will remember next year…