Have anyone sent clothes to the resorts

We are heading for WDW this december and with the increases for luggage on the airlines I was wondering if anyone has sent their clothes ahead of time. As how could I send them back home afterward. It cheaper to send them by UPS ground than it is to travel with them. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated. I know about keeping them in storage of site but we only go once a year now so that may not be helpful.

I really don’t mean for this to be an advertisement because I have absolutely zero affiliation with the company but we started using Owner’s Locker this year and I have a whole set of clothes, two pair of shoes, socks & such, bathing suit, large beach towel, a lot a nonperishable toiletries & beauty items, as well as a ton of other odds & ends we use on our trip.

I hate checking baggage and to be honest when you consider the final weight of clothes in a shipping box it’s really not too cheap to ship either.

At first I thought Owner’s Locker would be too expensive for what it is but with all the airline baggage fees, or shipping costs, if you travel to WDW several times per year it’s worth it. Now when I go I just bring a small tote 'cause everything I need is in the Owner’s Locker.

I know you said you only go once per year now but how many people are in your family? Owner’s Locker is $99/year I believe so weigh your costs for all options.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1000425]I really don’t mean for this to be an advertisement because I have absolutely zero affiliation with the company but we started using Owner’s Locker this year and I have a whole set of clothes, two pair of shoes, socks & such, bathing suit, large beach towel, a lot a nonperishable toiletries & beauty items, as well as a ton of other odds & ends we use on our trip.

I hate checking baggage and to be honest when you consider the final weight of clothes in a shipping box it’s really not too cheap to ship either.

At first I thought Owner’s Locker would be too expensive for what it is but with all the airline baggage fees, or shipping costs, if you travel to WDW several times per year it’s worth it. Now when I go I just bring a small tote 'cause everything I need is in the Owner’s Locker.

I know you said you only go once per year now but how many people are in your family? Owner’s Locker is $99/year I believe so weigh your costs for all options.[/QUOTE]I think this a wonderful option, and I had no idea it was so economical! Wow! $99 per year?! How big are they? Could I get enough stuff in for a family of 5?

I think the owner’s lockers are a great idea if you need them more than once a year, which is how Wish vacations. I think paying 25.00 for a suitcase might just be the right way to go. Although, sending a package to the resort is an option, but what if the package gets lost. That is not such a problem for people who are sending cereal but it’s a real problem when you have nothing to wear. Think about it.

I don’t know how well the Owner’s Locker would work if you had a whole family.

It’s one plastic tote box 22 X 20 X 13, which is great for a couple of people. The price is $99 a year with one drop off, and then $25 for each drop off after that.

How would you get the box mailed back home? I doubt the resort would take on that chore, so you’d need to get to the UPS office before getting to the airport. Personally, I’d buck up the money for one extra suitcase to save all that time, trouble and expense.

Dopey brought up a good point with the shipping. My dad paid for overnight shipping to disneyland one time cause I forgot a medication & camera battery. I didn’t end up getting my package until the day before we left because nobody could track down who signed for it or where it was located. It turned up OUTSIDE in a luggage storage area behind valet. Eek. Now I am weary about shipping anything. I also agree with dopey that Owners Locker seems to work best for people in my situation; multiple trips per year & a smaller family.

I have sent a boxes to the hotel a few time. They ususally have our bath supplies and shoes. I make sure that I get a prepaid lable from UPS and then hand the box to the front desk and they ship it back… Takes agbout 4 to 6 days to get there using ground.

I sent it out a week before we arrived and it was there when we got there.

I don’t know if I’d trust shipping anything. But that’s me. Heck at home my pkgs are rarely on time, dunno if I could trust them with my clothes. I’d either pay the extra for the suitcase, plan on washing at least 1 load of laundry, or take my chance with the post office and do their flat rate shipping. I don’t honestly know how big the boxes are, but I’d assume they’d be big enough for a few outfits? ( I also wouldn’t stick all of someone’s clothes in just 1 box either.)

If I had to fly in with my 5 kids, I’d just wash a load of laundry. I’d just send dh to the pool w/ the kids and wash the load then or wash it when the kids passed out for bed. I’d rather spend an hour or 2 washing than spending 3 or 4 days looking for my stuff if it were to get lost.

I’m lucky though and live 5 hrs from WDW, so I packed til my Grand Cherokee was ready to puke. :laugh:

Now when I travel to Illinois that will be interesting. I have a feeling we’ll look like Jon & Kate + 8 and rent a u-haul trailer. :blink:

I don’t know which hotel you are staying at, but we did this once for special items (it was an event at the Hilton at DTD) and they were trying to charge $100 for receiving and storing the items until we picked them up later in the day. This wasn’t anything large or difficult to store either. After much complaining by us and several other attendees they tried to do the same thing to, they waived the fee. Check this out with your hotel before making any decisions.

nothing like rubbing it in, is there? :tongue::pirate:

Thanks, guys. We have decided to carry them with us.

I am glad :happy:

CSR and POR won’t charge for a single box. If you are doing an event, most hotels will charge for storage. They usually ask that you don’t send items more than 1 week out.

I recommend that you call the hotel and ask them… And yes the Hilton will charge you for storage of anything.

For living 5 hours away I should have more trips under my belt. My dad was a meanie and thought vacations were for going to Ohio :blink: I still don’t see a WDW there so why would I want to go there??? :huh: Though I did get to go to Sea World there before it shut down. lol

when we go we normally take six suitcases …so far we have paid zero…but this year we are going to carry on three and check two…why because we have advantage miles and used them for free tickets …we still have about 12 round trips on AA when that is done we will go exclusively SWA …unless they change their policy …the way to tell the airlines to think of something else is to not use the ones that charge ridiculous fees …

there was a Sea World in Ohio? amazing :huh:

yep, right outside of cleveland. changed to six flags sometime after 99.

and now I think it’s all gone. It was geauga lake and sea world. six flags bought all and closed sea world. when geauga lake bought it back only open amusement part and I know they closed.

sad. In the 80’s we went every other year with the kids. didn’t know how special it really was until it was gone.

We’ve had trouble in the past shipping, and once the airlines started charging baggage fees, we got an Owner’s Locker also. Like Wish, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

The owners locker tote fits alot of stuff- I’ve got clothes for three people in there along with every toiletrie possible (really!) with miscellaneous items (water bottle fans, fleece blanket, Disney Crocs, ponchos, etc). For more than one trip a year, it’s really a great convenience. We literally travel with nothing except my purse.

Yep, I was there in 95 I believe. It was so/so. I prefer Orlando for sure. I just ever understood how 1 in Ohio could make much $$ when they actually have a snowy winter unlike Florida. I don’t think someone planned that right. :laugh: