Have nothing planned

I’m heading to Disney April 12th to the 18th. I usually have all reservations for dinner, what days I’m going to which park and what is special going on that day etc…

But I have NOTHING, I REPEAT, NOTHING planned this time around.

Have any of you just show up and hope for the best?

Am I going to regret not planning and over planning? HELP!!!:crying:

OH NO!!:noo: Well, you have some time. Get what you can and then go from there. Grab all of the reservations you can and plan what you usually can to the best of your ability.

Look on the bright side, YOU’RE GOING!!:smile:

Unless you truly don’t mind eating counter service most days I would call and see what’s available at this late date. You may find plenty of restaurants have availability but you won’t know until you get there. If it’s something that won’t make or break your trip then wing it and have fun.

We enjoy not planning. Our whole life is around a schedule, so when on vacation, nothing planned. I know most Mousebuzzers are having a heart attack about that statement, but it really works for us. My DH and DS’s do not like sitting for any length of time so counter service works well for us. I guess what I’m trying to tell you is don’t worry about having nothing planned. It works well. Just have to go with the flow some times, if your first choice of food is booked, move on to your second choice.

Eh…it is Easter so maybe mapping out the EMH’s may help to beat the crowds but if you’re not into ADR’s then no worries. The best trips we’ve had are the ones where we just kind of “let it roll”.

We tend to not plan too many meals in advance either. It’s what works best for us. DS just isn’t into the table service meals at WDW so we tend to do mostly counter service. He’d rather play than eat! :laugh:

We do that too! We play dining roulette I call while I’m there and say I’m in "insert park name here " where can I go at 6pm to eat? And they tell me what’s available . . . it’s a fun way to try different things. :happy:

I would guess that it will be pretty crowded the first part of your stay since it’s Easter, but the crowds should start thinning out late Wednesday. We have gone down with no ADRs and haven’t starved. We have actually walked into LeCellier twice - once lunch, once dinner. You will be fine. Sometimes just winging it is part of the fun.

I wish I could do that but I couldn’t imagine not having everything planned out. I think as long as you don’t want sit down meals you will have fun!

In more than 25 trips, I have never been able to get a walk-up at Le Cellier! We are limited to holiday weeks like Christmas and Easter.

We’ll be there Easter week too, and I think that I wouldn’t pay for the DDP if I didn’t have any ADR’s that week, Scardeecat!

:cheshire::goofybounce::simba: hey, how bad can it be? You’re at Disney If you have Park Hopper, itmay work out fine! Plead for mercy!!

When we first went we never made plans and we were just fine, I wouldn’t worry at all, take it as it comes!

[QUOTE=leslieh;947325]In more than 25 trips, I have never been able to get a walk-up at Le Cellier! We are limited to holiday weeks like Christmas and Easter.

We’ll be there Easter week too, and I think that I wouldn’t pay for the DDP if I didn’t have any ADR’s that week, Scardeecat![/QUOTE]

We don’t have the DDP, that’s why I figured that I didn’t need to go crazy and have reservations for everything.

Without the DDP you don’t have the pressure of having to make every TS. We use the TIW card and do make ADRs but feel free to cancel if we decide to skip a meal. Now as far as planning. I usually do, this day is MK, that day is EPCOT but once we are there, after about the third day, every thing goes out the window. I’ve always felt if I went by myself, I’d probably wing it completely and eat CS meals all week.

Are you insane? :eek:

No so much as to make a Disney trip without ADRs - people do that all of the time. But think of the ridicule and shame that will be heaped on you from those planning types by your actual admission that you have no plans! :laugh:

Wait…that’s Easter and spring break. Yep, you’re certifiable.

I do it both ways. Frankly I sort of like being able to go with the flow.

YEP, certifiable. And I love knowing there are more of us out there. Our last 2 trips were on the fly (5 and 9 days). If you are planning on just relaxing and having fun go with the flow. And if one of you has an Annual Pass get the Tables in Wonderland card. It is so worth it.