Have questions about new ADR booking rule

Ok the question is if we can’t book till 60 days or is it 90? If that’s so how will there be avail because wouldn’t it already be taken by the people who are going a few days before me? Is the new dining booking rule a good thing? I’m afraid I won’t get the adrs I’m looking for. Also if disney offers free dining when can we book that?

It’s 90 days, period.
The only slight exception is there is a slight hang over where Chef Mickey’s and CRT entered the year allowing 180 days, but even that stops for dates after June 19.
I think it’s a good thing to have cut back to 90 days. It makes things a bit more fair for the less obsessive guests who don’t have their plans in place a year before their visit.
I for one, don’t like to have set plans 6 months out and didn’t like having to race to make reservations.
Of course, Le Cellier continues to be a problem, as I discovered this morning.
90 days out from when I planned to eat dinner there and at 8 AM there was nothing left but lunch.
Free dining or no, it’s 90 days from your check in and 10 days after that, but only as much as your length of stay. If you’re a day guest, you’re going to have to call back every day or just wait until your last day has cleared into the 90 day period and call then.

Frankly, I liked it at 180 days out. I’m a pretty obsessive planner and I like to get it done and mapped out.
Soundgod - both times we’ve eaten at LeCellier (one lunch, one dinner) we have been walk-ins with NO reservation.

[QUOTE=M5ward;945191]
Soundgod - both times we’ve eaten at LeCellier (one lunch, one dinner) we have been walk-ins with NO reservation.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but what time did you go?
I highly doubt I’ll be able to walk up at 7 PM and get seated with any alacrity or rapidity.

(Alacrity:promptness in response : cheerful readiness)

Between 6 and 8 are going to pretty much be crunch time.

[QUOTE=M5ward;945191]Frankly, I liked it at 180 days out. I’m a pretty obsessive planner and I like to get it done and mapped out.
Soundgod - both times we’ve eaten at LeCellier (one lunch, one dinner) we have been walk-ins with NO reservation.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, must have been a slow time of year? Two years ago we were there for dinner and there was a standby line of probably 30 or more none of whom had the slightest chance of getting in. It was September.

I have this evil wish (kind of) that since we booked on a free dining PIN code offer for Sept. that they don’t offer free dining to the general public until AFTER my “90 days out” gets here. That is bad, huh? Just until late May.:ph34r::angel:

Gingles, you were there, as so many were, during free dining month.
That alone is enough to skew things. In September 2007, we too were told that we could “try” to walk up as there are often cancellations.
Yeah, right!
I am a firm believer in having reservations for any sit down meal, just so I can be assured that I will get a table. (Think of the scene in Summer Rental with John Candy and his family waiting for 3 hours for a table only to watch the lobster tank get emptied before they could be seated)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;945199]Ah, but what time did you go?
I highly doubt I’ll be able to walk up at 7 PM and get seated with any alacrity or rapidity.

(Alacrity:promptness in response : cheerful readiness)

Between 6 and 8 are going to pretty much be crunch time.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I guess you felt the need to define that beeeeecause…??? :huh:

Thanks all. So I guess I need to wait till July. I have high hopes I get the ARDs I’m looking for.

I know, stinks doesn’t it? My 180 just passed and I SO wanted to be making my ADR’s. I just hope I can get some decent ressies at 90 days.

You should still be able to get almost everything you’ll want at 90 days because everyone else is restrained the same as you.
Well, except Le Cellier because it’s still a small dining room and there are people who have a 10 day jump on you because of the length of stay rules.
It still kills me that I can have little problem getting times that work for me on the days I want at California Grill, but can’t get anything at Le Cellier.