Have they changed "mgm studios" since they changed the name to "disney studios"?

I guess the title of my thread pretty much says it all. “MGM Studios” was my 2nd favorite park,epcot being my first favorite. I’m just curious if they have added or deleted anything since the name change. The only thing I really don’t care for is that drew carey movie…and I use the term “movie” loosely since 90% of the show is pitch black. Other than that, the park is awesome.

Nothing since the name change really - a few shows have changed like the parade and the HSM show but all in all its the same park

Nothing has changed other than the name.

I will say that Toy Story Mania, the newest addition, is just a great ride. It is a must do!

Just a name change. As skwak said, TSM is a must do. Go there first thing and get a FP. They run out very early.

the only thing that has changed bar the name is the parade really and the addtion of the new Toy Story ride. Both are FANTASTIC! There will be a new addition at some oint in the future though of Radiator Springs I think. Now I don’t know this for an absolute certainty but when we were there in August they has boards up with “for your future enjoyment” ( or something similar) and I could see Luigi’s in the background.

Nothing has been deleted or subtracted from the park. (Other than “Who Wants to be a Millionaire”.)
And remember, it has always been “Disney Studios”.
Plus considering that Twilight Zone was on CBS, Aerosmith recorded for CBS, Star Wars being from 20th Century Fox, and Indiana Jones being from Paramount, there really isn’t that much MGM/UA in the park to start with. Otherwise, there would have been a James Bond attraction long long ago.

Also the American Idol addition replacing Sounds Dangerous

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;908831]Also the American Idol addition replacing Sounds Dangerous[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatetly it’s not replacing Sounds Dangerous. That show is still going full swing. Idol is going into the old ABC Theatre.

I definitely feel the Studios has more of a Disney feel to it now. Maybe it’s the ambience and BGM but it now fully fills like a Disney park to me, so it’s definitely more than just a name change to me. Not to mention the most awesome amazing wonderful insane don’t you dare miss it or I’ll hunt you down parade ever BLOCK PARTY BASH!!!

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;908847]Unfortunatetly it’s not replacing Sounds Dangerous. That show is still going full swing. Idol is going into the old ABC Theatre.

I definitely feel the Studios has more of a Disney feel to it now. Maybe it’s the ambience and BGM but it now fully fills like a Disney park to me, so it’s definitely more than just a name change to me. Not to mention the most awesome amazing wonderful insane don’t you dare miss it or I’ll hunt you down parade ever BLOCK PARTY BASH!!![/QUOTE]

Good to know. Last time I was there (Halloween) it looked like the whole building was black!

I like the studios too . . . I think there are hidden gems you just have to work a little harder to find . . . but they are there.

Rowdy . . . is BOLT doing a meet at the animation studio? Last time we were there, that is what we were told?? I hope so, cuz DD4’s REALLY wants to meet him and buy herself a Rhino stuffed animal on our next trip!

When I was there in October the Sound Dangerous was closed for future enjoyment. Also the only other this that is new in addition to toy story mania is just the whole Pixar area surrounding TSM.

I agree with Rowdy Raider about the “Block Party Bash” parade, it’s excellent & full of energy. Besides Toy Story Mania being added I can’t think of any other real big changes, ALTHOUGH… I keep hearing rumors about all these new things to come. So, we’ll see.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;908850]
Rowdy . . . is BOLT doing a meet at the animation studio? Last time we were there, that is what we were told?? I hope so, cuz DD4’s REALLY wants to meet him and buy herself a Rhino stuffed animal on our next trip![/QUOTE]

He sure is doing meet and greets there. So is his kitty friend.

They added toy Story Mania…totally cool new attraction.

This time of year, my absolute favorite place to be is in the middle of the street taking in the light spectacular, “snow”, and holiday music!