Have to ask...what is a Strongbow?

Apparently it is some sort of adult beverage served at the Rose & Crown…what exactly is it?? I am not too much of a drinker anymore, so when I do have something…I’d like it to be something special…something I really can’t get at home.

Thanks!

Strongbow is the most delicious cider EVER! I myself am not a drinker, it’s not too strong and not too “watery”.

It depends if you can get it at home. Do you live near a Pub, or would your local supermarket carry it? The local liquor stores here don’t have it, nor does the Walgreen’s liquor store. I’ve been to ABC Liquor and did find it there, but it was going out of my way just to get it.

It’s not something they have consistently in my area. There is another you may want to try, Woodchuck Cider. It’s also very delicious, not as strong as Strongbow, but equally delicious.

I work in a liquor store in the keys and we sell a lot if it. It’s ok but not my thing.

The only Strongbow I’m familiar with is Chief Jay Strongbow, former WWF tag team wrestler.

What!?! What is Strongbow? Oh man, it’s great, if you like cider that is. I prefer Woodchuck, but Strongbow is definately good. If you have a local pub go try one!

Did someone say it tastes like a Woodchuck? I love Woodchucks. I will have to try one

Just making it clear in case anyone isn’t following - we’re talking about “hard” cider here, which is fermented, and therefore alcoholic. :cool:

I’m trying to remember if R&C serves the dry or sweet variety. The rare times I’ve been able to find it here in the States, it’s always been the dry, but I prefer the sweet, since more apple flavor is retained.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1026982]Strongbow is the most delicious cider EVER! I myself am not a drinker, it’s not too strong and not too “watery”.

It depends if you can get it at home. Do you live near a Pub, or would your local supermarket carry it? The local liquor stores here don’t have it, nor does the Walgreen’s liquor store. I’ve been to ABC Liquor and did find it there, but it was going out of my way just to get it.

It’s not something they have consistently in my area. There is another you may want to try, Woodchuck Cider. It’s also very delicious, not as strong as Strongbow, but equally delicious.[/QUOTE]

I def agree! You can find it in the US, but the alcohol content is less then what you would get in the UK or Canada. I usually have people bring some back when they visit either country.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Didn’t he tag with Gorilla Monsoon? (Thread Jacker Alert:nuke:)

He tug, tagged?? with Billy Whitewolf, and his “brother” Jules Strongbow…real name is Joe Scarpa…you knew it was over when he went into the legendary “war dance”, which was followed up by the infamous sleeper, from which their was no escape…

My cousin told me this info…I actually never watched it myself…:rolleyes:

I love Woodchuck and didn’t so much care for the 1 strongbow I had. It was slightly too sweet for me.

I see. I am going to be an adult the next time I goand get some spirits!

Well then, cheers, darrrrlink :pirate::blush::laugh::happy:

i love strongbow! i used to get in canada all the time when i lived in buffalo. i’ve seen it here so you can get it in the states.

Strongbow cider evokes memories of teenage drink fests many moons ago! Haven’t had any myself for years but it is still very popular here I believe.

Better yet, if you are going to get a Cider (Strongbow is available throughout the Southeast in Grocery Stores), get one of the concoctions made with Ciders and other drinks. Snakebites, Baked Apple, Diesel, Green Goblin. Many are popular in England and I am sure you can ask at the Rose and Crown, and they will serve you up!

People have pretty much already answered you on this one…but I’ll pipe in and say it’s great! I am not a beer girl at ALL but I love Strongbow! I have one every time we hit the countries!

I love Strongbow, too! Another place they serve it at WDW is Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We’ve gotten it there several times.

Oh I didn’t know that- might partake next trip in a glass for old times sake!!