Have you ever heard this?

Just got allears weekly email. This was posted as a tip sent in by a reader.

I go to the gym daily, it’s part of my lifestyle. As you know, gyms are only located in the deluxe resorts in Disney. Last trip we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I advised the concierge there that I would be staying at Port Orleans Riverside next trip and asked about gym accommodations. I was told that I could attend any gym for a $35 fee that would cover my entire length of stay. When we checked into Port Orleans Riverside recently, I inquired about the gym fee, and was told that[B] guests staying at Port Orleans can use the gym at Saratoga Springs at no charge[/B]! This was an extra savings that was unexpected!

ummm why? I don’t pretend to understand how our member fees go for this and that, but this just doesn’t sound right.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;998951]Just got allears weekly email. This was posted as a tip sent in by a reader.

I go to the gym daily, it’s part of my lifestyle. As you know, gyms are only located in the deluxe resorts in Disney. Last trip we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I advised the concierge there that I would be staying at Port Orleans Riverside next trip and asked about gym accommodations. I was told that I could attend any gym for a $35 fee that would cover my entire length of stay. When we checked into Port Orleans Riverside recently, I inquired about the gym fee, and was told that guests staying at Port Orleans can use the gym at Saratoga Springs at no charge! This was an extra savings that was unexpected!

ummm why? I don’t pretend to understand how our member fees go for this and that, but this just doesn’t sound right.[/QUOTE]

oh boy, the plot thickens. This is …what…almost unbelievable

Hard to believe…

CSR has a gym that is one of the main reasons we stay there…

Hmm… I wonder if it a “sales technique” for DVC?

Could very well be.

I just sent an email to MS. I wanted something in writing so if it is wrong, I can pass it on to allears. So everybody hold your breath for two days. I’m sure this is THE most important thing in your life.:tongue::laugh:

If everybody reads this tip and they all run over to the gym at SSR, I won’t be able to get it. What a shame!:laugh::rolleyes:

So I got an reply from MS…

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort using your membership,
then you may visit any of the health clubs located in a Disney Vacation
Club Resort property complimentary.

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort

The Spa and Health Club at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
Phone: 407-827-4455
Hours: 6:00AM-9:00PM
Spa and Reservations: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily
Health Club: 6:00am - 9:00pm daily

State of the art Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment include
treadmills, stair steppers, upright and recumbent cycles, elyptical
cross trainers, two full circuits of strength equipment, Smith Machine,
cable crossover, free weights, and TV viewing.

Health Club Prices:
Complimentary to Saratoga Springs Guests
Complimentary for Disney Vacation Club Members currently staying at a
Walt Disney World resort
Complimentary on day of Spa Service
$12 per day per Guest (age 14+) of any other Walt Disney World Resort
Facilities: Separate Men’s and Women’s Finnish Dry Saunas, whirlpools,
Steam Rooms and relaxation lounges.

SPA - Call 407-827-4455 for treatment rates
Spa Appointments: It is recommended that Spa appointments be made as far
in advance as possible. A credit card is required for reservations. We
welcome Groups and Conventions. For information and to make your
reservation to relax, please call 407-827-4455. To ensure your preferred
appointment time, we recommend you schedule your next visit at the
conclusion of your treatment.

I don’t see anything of being free for Port Orleans guest…

They listed all the other deluxe/DVC resorts if anyone is interested, but I thought it was too long to post. Just ask if you want the details on a resort.

Now that makes more sense. It should absolutely not be free for the masses to which I belong :crying:

For you, I’d be happy to share. It’s those other masses (like boss:ph34r:) that I’d worry about. :rolleyes:

Jo, Paul used the gyms at two or three of the deluxe resorts, and was prepared to pay the fees, however, each time he just showed his room key (for POR) and was waved through no charge.

I wonder if was pixie dust. Maybe the gym wasn’t busy. But as you said Paul was prepared to pay. The way it was posted on allears, it made it sound like that’s the way it is all the time, no need to worry about paying. I have to admit with the DVC perks disappearing, I’ve gotten a bit more “hey, I have to pay for that” attitude.

No one can blame you for that, jo-jo

Yes of course Jo I quite understand- Paul just said the gym was quiet the times he went there, the one at SSR being his most regular, but he never paid- interesting to find out what others experiences are of this?

OK as with my DH if we wait long enough we get the full story! so paul asked at POR where was the nearest gym and was told SSR- when he arrived there he said he was from POR and did he have to pay, they said no, but they needed to see the POR room key which they would also hold until his gym session was over- and that’s it- seems like the AllEars article is correct?

hmmm very interesting…the plot thickens…again…

ummm Dixie…you didn’t have any extra charges on that card did you? :eek: Maybe that’s why they were being so nice? :laugh:

I think I remember having to insert my SSR room key to get into the gym so I doubt someone staying at a moderate resort would be able to do that. Also, who the heck would travel all the way from Port Orleans just to use the gym at SSR? Take a brisk walk, or jog, around your own resort instead. :laugh:

My husband did! he happens to have a condition where it is not possible for him take a brisk walk, or jog- and no need to doubt what I said as that is what happened with the room key- I dont think he would have any need to make it up.

I’m certain no one would ever doubt you dixie. :flowers:

Thanks Deb xx