Have you stayed at

POP during Pop Warner week? How bad is it?

(Oh THIS ought to be good)

Funny boss!!!

I’m just sayin - we were in WDW for a pop warner gig.

Never again. I’d rather spend the week w/my FIL … maybe …

I WISH you were kidding! It looks like I’ll be cancelling Dec 7 at POP and staying somewhere else!

We did stay at POP once during pop warner. We didn’t have any problems with cheering at 2 am or any of those stories, but the food court was overrun. Once I was waiting to get soda and one girl ,about 10-12 ish of age, filled her cup 1/2 with coke, 1/2 with diet coke, pour out 1/3, fill with sprite, pour out some, fill with whatever…you get the idea. After about 5 cycles, an adult shouted “come on susan, knock it off”. She stopped and I got my soda…

We did have a few minor problems in the parks, but nothing like stories I’ve heard.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1046461]We did stay at POP once during pop warner. We didn’t have any problems with cheering at 2 am or any of those stories, but the food court was overrun. Once I was waiting to get soda and one girl ,about 10-12 ish of age, filled her cup 1/2 with coke, 1/2 with diet coke, pour out 1/3, fill with sprite, pour out some, fill with whatever…you get the idea. After about 5 cycles, an adult shouted “come on susan, knock it off”. She stopped and I got my soda…

We did have a few minor problems in the parks, but nothing like stories I’ve heard.[/QUOTE]

Omg I would have lost it on her lol. Like really? Its not the cooling station at Epcot sweetheart lol

We did WDW during Pop Warner in 2008…never again. Here’s a picture of the ME line, it went from one end of the terminal to the other; that was enough to make me want to get back on an airplane and fly home. We managed to have a great trip, but I can do without the Pop Warner crowds.

That’s not good!!! I need to rethink this!!!

OMG I’m not sure what Pop Warner is but I would have run screaming… I can’t even begin to wrap my head around that kind of crowd.

omg, just looking at that pic makes me want to cry:sad:

It’s a sports and cheerleading competition that happens in December. We stayed at POR during it once. They were housing cheerleaders and I was surprised that they were so polite and considerate. The only noisy time we had with them was on the bus coming back from (then) MGM Studios. Some girls shouted "Who we are!!! Who we are!!! Wolverines!!! Wolverines!!! all the way back to the resort. Other than that it wasn’t that bad. Most of the time they were competing and didn’t even invade the parks

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1046461]We did stay at POP once during pop warner. We didn’t have any problems with cheering at 2 am or any of those stories, but the food court was overrun. Once I was waiting to get soda and one girl ,about 10-12 ish of age, filled her cup 1/2 with coke, 1/2 with diet coke, pour out 1/3, fill with sprite, pour out some, fill with whatever…you get the idea. After about 5 cycles, an adult shouted “come on susan, knock it off”. She stopped and I got my soda…

We did have a few minor problems in the parks, but nothing like stories I’ve heard.[/QUOTE]

The kids call that a “suicide” LOL!!

Learn something new everday. Never heard of that.

I have and have to say our time was worse at the parks then at POP.

Lots of kids running around in packs banging into us and jumping lines. The worse was a fight that broke out between two groups of football players. It was in the inside section of RR (tight enclosed maze past the studio scene before entering the load area). Dozen kids wailing on each other for a while before Disney Security showed up. Lots of parents scared for their kids. There were some other episodes of pushing and shoving we saw as well. I think Disney has done a good job of clamping down on this type of behaviors by explaining the rules better ahead of time.

I would take POP Warner over a brazillians Brazilians!

We were at WDW during POP Warner last year and other than a larger crowd we didn’t have any problems. Normal kids being kids stuff but nothing like what Tigger experienced. I did over hear:whistling a parent talking with a cast member discussing why he couldn’t stay for EMH since he wasn’t staying on property. Not sure what that was all about but he wasn’t happy that he had to leave but his child could stay since the child was with a group staying on property.

We stayed at OKW and were not affected by Pop Warner there or at the airport with the ME. But I would have died:angel: if I had encountered that line for the ME.

I also agree Tigger I would do Pop Warner a krikillion times over rather than experience the Brazillian invasion again…now where did that dang flag go?:blink:

I’ll take no crowds… thank you! :stuck_out_tongue: Last time I went with my parents and sister was a million years ago at the end of Aug. and the parks were EMPTY! I loved it.