Having a Brain Cramp- Need an answer

I am up and about by 6AM. The rest of our adults only trip party rolls out of bed @ 7-8AM.

Can 1 person go into the parks with everyones tix and get FP’s without the others in the party present? They will meet up later in the AM.

Do I have to pass their tix through the turnstile?

Will the FP machines issue them without being run through the turnstile?

Thanks

My DS’s used to do this all the time in DL then, one day, it stopped working. It’s been a few years.

I guess those imagineers are smarter than we thought.

That is what I am afraid of. Getting up to the turnstile at say Toy Story and 3 of the 4 tix not working for FP’s.

I was told by a CM at Test Track this last trip that the tickets are basically activated each day at the turnstiles and only then can they even be recognized by the FP machines. I never gave it a try, but he was pretty clear that each ticket has to be read at the turnstiles first…

They won’t work for sure. Don’t waste your time trying. Just get in there and ride TSM all by yourself!!!

Yeah, my dad has tried that. It doesn’t work. Every ticket has to go through the gates at that park in order for the ticket to be able to redeem FPs. So if the rest of the party went to Epcot that morning, then one person can’t run over to MK and get FPs. However, I wonder if everyone goes to one park in the morning, then some people leave the park and give their tickets to one person if that person can then still redeem FPs in that park. I bet that works, since they don’t actually track you leaving - only entering.

Perhaps, if they aren’t running the finger scanners (which they don’t do at the busiest times - park opening), then you could enter, leave, enter, leave, enter, leave until you have activated all of the tickets. You would have to be really bored, though. I suggest that you just go hit EMH every morning and have fun by yourself.

No, you most certainly can not.
Unless the ticket in question has passed through main turnstiles, you won’t be able to get a fast pass. I’ve tried this myself with my wife’s AP and it was no good.

Their passes have to go through the turnstiles at the entrance of the park. We tried that last year at the Toy Story Ride. My sister-in-laws weren’t going into the parks with us but gave us their annual passes to get extra fast passes for us to use as this is our favorite ride. Their passes came out of the FP machine saying something to the effect that “this person hasn’t entered the park today” We were amazed !

Yes- the fastpasses will have an error message!

If you are dishonest, and I only heard this via the coconut telegraph, you could tell the CM at the FP machine everyone was in the park, but the tix won;t work. While batting your eyes and doing your best aw-shucks, the CM can run them thru.

Now I am not advocating doing that, nor admitting it worked for me, I’m just sayin…

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1017426]If you are dishonest, and I only heard this via the coconut telegraph, you could tell the CM at the FP machine everyone was in the park, but the tix won;t work. While batting your eyes and doing your best aw-shucks, the CM can run them thru.

Now I am not advocating doing that, nor admitting it worked for me, I’m just sayin…[/QUOTE]

Been there, thought that, will have to come up with something on the fly I’m sure.
I can’t be the first person to get to a park before the rest of the party.

Thanks Boss.

Last year, we got into the park w our AP’s, went to Soarin to get fast passes and they didn’t work. Went to Customer Relations (CR) who said the passes “somehow” became demagnetized. They issued new cards. took them back to Soarin to get a FP and they didn’t work. CM asked how we got into the park since the passes hadn’t been run through the turnstiles. I think he was ready to turn us over to security until we told him the story. got sent back to CR who “redfaced” activated the cards in her “turnstile.” By now the FP for Soarin was outrageously late.

This brings up 2 issues. 1) WHY does WDW insist on the paper FP’s. My wife and I have new ones from Aug '09 and Oct '09. The CM’s at the turnstiles of the parks have told us they absolutely hate the paper AP’s. They were bending them, etc to get them to work. I remember in the “old days” @ WDW we had a photo laminated card. I heard that Disneyland has a pic or at least a plastic credit card style AP. WHY doesn’t WDW have the credit card type AP???

1. We were at DHS on 1 Feb 10. Literally followed the crowd and the sea of CM’s all the way to Toy Story Midway Mania. Everyone went ALLLL the way to the attraction, past the FP booths where one CM was there saying the ride was closed!!! CLOSED. NOW you tell us. Not even before we could get to the FP booths. And WHY didn’t ALLL those CM’s infront of us with the walkie talkies know. Why didn’t they make mention of this at Hollywood and Sunset as we stood waiting to get in. Where is the courtesy???Let’s just say some people (not me) said some pretty bad words!!! Out loud too!!
    I thought them, just didn’t say them!!
    Frank

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1017174]I am up and about by 6AM. The rest of our adults only trip party rolls out of bed @ 7-8AM.

Can 1 person go into the parks with everyones tix and get FP’s without the others in the party present? They will meet up later in the AM.

Do I have to pass their tix through the turnstile?

Will the FP machines issue them without being run through the turnstile?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I can’t see why this wouldn’t work…I’d try it.