Having second thoughts

I’m having second thoughts about Tutto Italia and Coral Reef.

Should I keep my ADR’s for these places or should I dump them and get two new ones? If I dump them does anyone have any recommendations??

I also heard that Tutto’s may be closing as it was a temporary after Alfredo’s does anyone know if this is true? ( I read it on another board :blush: :pinch: ALOT)

I haven’t heard anything about Tutto closing yet. If you are unsure about these two, just keep the ADR and see what that paticular day brings. you may just decide to try it or just grab a counter service. No harm, no foul. If you don’t like the idea of maybe not having a place to eat that day, cancel completely and pick an old favorite in the same park so you don’t have to switch your plans. you could even pick a resort close by. Why not Cape May Cafe?

I’d def do Cape May but for breakfast. I’m a little leary about clams and things like that…

Don’t blame you there. i had an ADR for that for dinner last trip and cancelled. Just got to nervous about a sea food buffet…lol

What about garden grill?

Those are 2 ADRs that I would keep if they were on my schedule.

We enjoyed Coral Reef last week. We eat lunch there, both the service and food was good. The CM noticed my daughter wasn’t eating her food and ask if she didn’t like it. He let her order another without any problems. My son and brother liked the virgin pina coladas. We would go again.

[QUOTE=Dana;855578]Don’t blame you there. i had an ADR for that for dinner last trip and cancelled. Just got to nervous about a sea food buffet…lol

What about garden grill?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!! A seafood buffet just sounds :blow: to me. But I’m so not a big seafood eater.

DH and I ate at Garden Grill last may and weren’t too impressed with the food.

I have never eaten at Tutto’s, but I had a great meal last year at CR. In fact, it was probably my favorite meal of our 10 day trip!! We are eating there again this year, so I recommend keeping that one!

We ate at Tutto Italia twice, in April and again in June.
Between April and June they changed their menu. I preferred the earlier menu, but the June menu was still good.
I was told they will be closing sometime in the fall to change the interior as it is still basically the same as it was when it was Alfredo’s.
Coral Reef is still good, but I don’t like the lack of choices on their menu compared with the pre-DDP menu, but then again, it seems most places in WDW have scaled back on their menus since the DDP was introduced in 2005. Also, it is a seafood restaurant without lobster tail and the lunch menu has no shrimp. Call this a personal complaint.

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;855608]My thoughts exactly!! A seafood buffet just sounds :blow: to me. But I’m so not a big seafood eater.

DH and I ate at Garden Grill last may and weren’t too impressed with the food.[/QUOTE]

Garden Grill wasn’t that impressive for us either. We ate dinner at Cape May many years back and weren’t wowed by the seafood buffet then, but reviews have improved since then and I’d give them another chance, schedule permitting.

I would keep them and see what the day brings.

As Dana said, if you cancel, no biggie. We decided on a whim last trip to change a couple of our ADRs, because our park plans changed.

We liked Coral Reef, maybe you should try it?

Lately I’ve been ready alot of reviews and looking at pics of WDW restaurants (it’s kinda embarrassingly addictive) and the general concensus has been that Tutto’s is really good and Coral Reef has gotten some really mixed reviews. I’d def keep Tutto’s by maybe switch CR if you’re nervous. Since you’d be close, how about Spoodles instead?

I say keep them and try them. Report back to us if they met your expectations. We all have different opinions. And really, NONE of the WDW restaurants are bad, so you can’t make a mistake.

I think you guys are right! Plus we got really good times for our ADR’s. And if we don’t like them at least we learned not to go back! LOL

I have eaten at Coral Reef several times and enjoyed the food. Plus it is cool to “eat with the fishes”

Tutto’s is supposed to be closing at some point but I am not sure exactly when, since they postponed the closing from the original time. I am guessing it will be sometime after the China restaurant re-opens

To me Cape May is so-so. I like seafood and just find it okay. If it was just me and my wife we wouldn’t go there but when we are with our in-laws (they are like buffets) we do go.

I say keep them. When you have a board with many users, you’re bound do get some bad reviews for everything. I did not faint with pleasure over Le Cellier, though it seems everyone else has. Try them out and perhaps you will really enjoy yourself. Coral reef is a beautiful scene, regardless of the menu.

I think you should go try them this trip, and then plan another trip right away so you can book some of the others you’d like to try! LOL

:laugh: We actually will be!!! Gotta use our points!! So whatever we don’t try this time (jan) we’ll try our next trip in december!

I’d be careful about eating at the Coral reef. I snorkeled there in March and I’m not sure how good the filtration system is working. At the very least, don’t drink the water.