HELLO long lost friends! Free Dining again?

hi, Sorry I have been MIA! Health issues in the house… child issues— all currently being worked one and resolving… Thank God!

but, I had to share this email and to hear your thoughts. I know where to turn when I want the BEST advice!

This is the email I received as I’m sure many of you did as well…

Dear Colligon Family,
We’ve cooked up the perfect recipe for a magical vacation here at the place Where dreams come true. And here are the irresistible ingredients:

FREE DINING at your choice of over 100 tasty locations! Enjoy Character Dining, dinner shows, home-style favorites and more when you book by 12/20/08! (Reservations strongly suggested for Table-service restaurants.)

4-Night/5-Day package
at select Disney Value Resorts
including Theme Park tickets
and FREE DINING, just
$63*
a day, per person based on a family of 4 .
For stays most nights 9/28/08-10/11/08,
11/9/08-11/22/08 and 12/14/08-12/20/08 in a standard room.

When it says Free Dining in this context-- what does that include?
I have never done this before… and should I be contacting someone here at Mouseketrips about this???

I normally make all of my own arrangements…
thoughts?
thank you !!!

Hope you are all Well!!!
:mickey:

Theresa

whoa! cool.

That sounds like a great deal to me. Free dining and a great room rate. I hope you can take advantage of this offer.

How do you all get these great e-mails?

I want this email!

Hi There –

I got the same e-mail and actually just booked something similar for a few weeks after the 9/28/08-10/11/08 window.

ANYways… I believe the free dining is for the Disney Dining Plan (not Deluxe), which includes a Counter Service, Table Service, and Snack voucher for each member of your party, per night that you’ll be staying. So if you’re staying 6 days and 5 nights, it will including the Dining Plan for 5 days. A lot of restaurants accept the vouchers, though some of the higher end ones will need two Table Service vouchers for one of their dinners. I’m gonna steal from WDW’s site:
With the Disney Dining Plan you can choose snacks and meals at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort including some that feature Disney Character Dining! Best of all, you can relax knowing many of your meals are paid for in advance.

For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:

1 Table-service Meal
1 adult table-service meal includes 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.
1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children’s Menu where available.

1 Quick-service Meal
1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children’s Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.

1 Snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

and there’s also a link on their site: http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08Dining.pdf

Hope this helps!

Oh and… I booked directly with WDW.

I’m going right in those dates but already booked at the Polynesian. Does that apply to the deluxe resorts too? What if you already got a discount? I booked my trip in April. I paid for it in August. When the Dec-Oct discount came out they “revised” my reservation & refunded me $480.00. It was a discount based on only some of my days because of black out dates. Does anyone know if they’d apply a second discount???I leave in 22 days.

[QUOTE=Emerson613;879541]hi, Sorry I have been MIA! Health issues in the house… child issues— all currently being worked one and resolving… Thank God!

but, I had to share this email and to hear your thoughts. I know where to turn when I want the BEST advice!

This is the email I received as I’m sure many of you did as well…

Dear Colligon Family,
We’ve cooked up the perfect recipe for a magical vacation here at the place Where dreams come true. And here are the irresistible ingredients:

FREE DINING at your choice of over 100 tasty locations! Enjoy Character Dining, dinner shows, home-style favorites and more when you book by 12/20/08! (Reservations strongly suggested for Table-service restaurants.)

4-Night/5-Day package
at select Disney Value Resorts
including Theme Park tickets
and FREE DINING, just
$63*
a day, per person based on a family of 4 .
For stays most nights 9/28/08-10/11/08,
11/9/08-11/22/08 and 12/14/08-12/20/08 in a standard room.

When it says Free Dining in this context-- what does that include?
I have never done this before… and should I be contacting someone here at Mouseketrips about this???

I normally make all of my own arrangements…
thoughts?
thank you !!!

Hope you are all Well!!!
:mickey:

Theresa[/QUOTE]

First off, just wanted to say HEY MAMMA!!! I miss you! :mickey:

Second, AWESOME OFFER! And I CANNOT BELIEVE they are offering Free Dining during October, November and December. INCREDIBLE!!!

Alaine – I have heard disputing info about whether you can stack discounts. However, if the new plan with free dining is cheaper for you, maybe you can ask them to apply the new PIN. A lil warning though – they might charge you a re-booking fee for the new discount, but the savings might be more than the fee, so it might be worth it! Call and try! The worst that can happen is a simple, ‘no’. If it works out though, more spending money for the trip!

I also got this email! It is such an awesome deal -too bad I can’t take advantage of it:crying:.

My sister got the email too but we check on 11/22 and are staying on rented points so it did us no good. It is an awesome offer and if I were you I would jump on it if I could.

Emperisse…thanks for your advice. I"ll have to think about it because I used a travel agent. I have all my final paperwork so I’m not sure if it’ll pose a huge mess for her. BUT if it saves me $$$$$ who cares. It’s her job, right? I made her try every single discount code a few weeks ago until a code worked. It took her 2 days to get the best code deal which was my $480. refund check.

Alaine –

Totally worth it if you save $$$. Have read at another board that some people were successful in getting some $$ back, and you’re right, it IS their job. Sides, if you’re happy with her service, she’ll get you back as a happy customer. =)

Good luck!!

:mad: do you get these offers. We go at least once a year and never get a thing:frown:

We never get them either! We go once or twice a year. I do all the surveys in the park and :mad:
But I am happy for those who did recieve it :slight_smile:

Is the offer linked to you specifically, or can the fellow mousebuzzers who couldn’t use it forward offer on to someone who could use it?

Theresa, how in the world are you? I am so happy to see you posting!

I got this email today too!!!
How cool!!! :happy: :cool:

Iam sad too cuz I can’t use it either… :frown:
I went those days in Dec last year too! :sad:

Note to all - If your on Disney’s email list you can get deals like this too! :happy:

I imagine it’s for anyone! :happy:

It’s just a heads up on a promo that’s out, like when they do Free Dining in September.