Hello!

Hi! I’m new here! I will be going to Disney on SATURDAY!!! I am soooo excited!!! I will be traveling with my two little ones, hubby and parents! Sunday is my daughter’s second birthday and we’re doing chef mickeys!!
has anyone ever heard of a character doing something special for birthday people at the parks? she just adores tinkerbell and were wondering if we could have tinkerbell give her her birthday present or something cute like that. i’ve never seen it done and i know they have to stay in character soooo… just wondering!

Welcome to MouseBuzz!

I’ve never heard of characters giving kids gifts, I would think that would cause some issues and may against the rules. Maybe you could leave it in the room with a note that Tink dropped it off.

Welcome!

No as far as I know that is NOT allowed! I think it’s on the Q&A on the Walt Disney World site. (I’ll try and find it)

Having your birthday at WDW is VERY special anyway. Make sure you pick her up a birthday pin at check in, and tell the CM you are celebrating her birthday. Most times you will come back to a balloon and card from her favorite character (depends on your length of stay)

Free desserts (cupcakes at TS and brownies/cookies at CS) and lots of birthday wishes too!

Have a fun time . . . and Happy Birthday to your little one! :happy:

What does ts (town square?) And cs mean? We’ve been on my older daughter’s second and third birthdays. I wish I would have known about the free cookies and cupcakes then!!! And that’s great about the balloon and card! We are doing breakfast at chef mickeys and AAA said they would have a cake for her. That won’t spoil their meal lol! Thanks for all the great info and the birthday wishes! It’s bittersweet that she’s getting so big! I wish they would do a character meal with the fairies.

TS is table service, a sit down restaurant featuring waiter/esses who take your oder and bring your food or a buffet restaurant where a waiter/ess will take care of beverages and keeping your table clear.
CS is counter service, also called QS (quick serve). Like Burger King, Miami Subs, KFC, etc.

Thank you! Still trying to get down the abreviations. Sorry I’m such a newbie!

When she is wearing her Birthday Button, most of the characters will wish her happy birthday! and if you ask a Cast Member at a resort, (the DVC cast members are great at this!) they will usually be able to get one of the characters (I think Goofy) on the telephone to sing her Happy Birthday! very cute.

Have a great time, we are right behind you…come back and tell us all about it!

Welcome!
Hope you have a great trip!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;991666]When she is wearing her Birthday Button, most of the characters will wish her happy birthday! and if you ask a Cast Member at a resort, (the DVC cast members are great at this!) they will usually be able to get one of the characters (I think Goofy) on the telephone to sing her Happy Birthday! very cute.

Have a great time, we are right behind you…come back and tell us all about it![/QUOTE]

Yes this is a great idea!! They can even do it from the phones at the turnstiles, we had a CM (cast member) stop my DD and tell her “Wait, there is a phone call for you!” and when she got on it was Goofy! :happy:

This is the year of Celebration . . . so birthdays are even BIGGER and BETTER!

Another fun thing to do is to go to the Main Street Barber, and I think for $6 they will put colorful gels and “Pixie Dust” in your hair . . . that’s always fun for the birthday girl too! :happy:

[QUOTE=nubeanie;991619]Hi! I’m new here! I will be going to Disney on SATURDAY!!! I am soooo excited!!! I will be traveling with my two little ones, hubby and parents! Sunday is my daughter’s second birthday and we’re doing chef mickeys!!
has anyone ever heard of a character doing something special for birthday people at the parks? she just adores tinkerbell and were wondering if we could have tinkerbell give her her birthday present or something cute like that. i’ve never seen it done and i know they have to stay in character soooo… just wondering![/QUOTE]

First, welcome.
I work at WDW in Entertainment and, if you catch my drift, a “very close personal friend of the characters.” :wink: Especially Goofy. It’s not above us to really surprise you guys and catch you off guard with our magic. Just be prepared for anything. And if you wish to look me up when you arrive, message me right before you leave for the parks and I’ll let you know where I will be for the day.

Welcome to MouseBuzz!
Hope you have a Magical trip!

If you are in WDW during your child’s birthday make sure to register him/her on the walt disney site for a special celebration, and bring their birth certifcate…

Here is the link… What Will You Celebrate? | Walt Disney World Resort | Walt Disney World Resort

Have a wonderful time.

Welcome!!! I am leaving Saturday for my DD bday in Disney and so excited. Characters cant give the kids gifts but can take pics with them and autographs. Have fun in Disney!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and GREAT advice!!! I can’t belive we’ll be there in less than 24 hours. I am supposed to be working right now hahahaha!

Matt I will definitely hit you up on sunday! A friend of a friend is a tinkerbell but I don’t know her.

It is so hard to be at work and actually work right before you leave, isn’t it? I don’t leave until Tuesday so I know Monday will be a bust. Today isn’t much better! :laugh::laugh:

Welcome. I hope we get to meet on Friday!!

[QUOTE=Huakai;991755]It is so hard to be at work and actually work right before you leave, isn’t it? I don’t leave until Tuesday so I know Monday will be a bust. Today isn’t much better! :laugh::laugh:

Welcome. I hope we get to meet on Friday!![/QUOTE]

Thats why I took off work today!! I would have never been able to sit there knowing Im Going to Disney SATURDAY:laugh:

What you mean to say, that girl is a “friend” of Tinkerbell because only Tink can be Tink :wink:

Welcome to Mousebuzz…

Welcome to MB! I hope your trip is magic!