Help about Disney Quick Service Dining Plan

I have payed for the Disney Quick Service Dining
Plan and have some questions:
About the meal:

• Is this plan enogh food for all the day for an adult?
  • Sould I buy something else?
  • What should I do for eating those days that I’m going to visit Universal and Sea world?
    About the refillable mug:
    They said that they are going to give me a refillable mug
  • Will I be able to refill it inside the disney’s parks?
  • Will they give me a mug for each day or I’ll have the same mug for the 6 days?
  • What if a loose my mug do they give me another one or I have to buy it again?

[QUOTE=igorcb;1032567]I have payed for the Disney Quick Service Dining
About the meal:

• What should I do for eating those days that I’m going to visit Universal and Sea world?
  • Will they give me a mug for each day or I’ll have the same mug for the 6 days?
  • What if a loose my mug do they give me another one or I have to buy it again?[/QUOTE]

Lets start with question one. Quick serve will feed and adult without a problem. You will order your meal or meals and then go to a window and pickup the tray full of food, then go and find a table and enjoy.
#2 the only reason you would need to buy anything more would be if you and yours enjoy a sit down dinner, more like a resaurant than carring a tray. If that is the case you could consider the regular dining plan. You will get a quick serve and a sit down everyday. One thing to remember is that the resort mug will not be included with this plan. If you and your like to sit down in a restaurant all the time there is the deluxe plan.
If you leave WDW to go to Universal or somewhere else, your meals will still be waiting for you at WDW. You paid for them and can use them anyway you want during your stay. Basically you are given credits according to the plan you purchase ,so it you want to use them up in 3 days instead of 6 that is up to you. Make sure to use them up or you will loose them after you stay has ended.
As far as the mug goes you get on with quick and deluxe, but not with regular dining plans. They can be used at you home resort as much as you like. They do not work in the parks or other resorts.You will get only one for each person in your party and if you should lose it you will need to purchase a new one($13. ea.)
Alot of questions to answer and Im sure that the rest of the MBer’s will have even more to help you understand all of it. Welcome to MB and I hope this helps.

We did the Quick service dining plan for the first time in March and were really happy with it. It is more than enough food for an adult and we were never hungry. It may not be the best value though if you also plan on doing some sit down meals.

I think with proper planning, you can have a really varied and filling diet with two quick serve meals (and their desserts) and two snacks a day.
Definitely can’t use the mugs in parks and you’re not supposed to use them at the other resorts either, but…
If you lose one of the mugs, you’re out of luck. These are plastic travel mugs that are good for both hot and cold beverages, so you can drink all the coffee and tea you want as well as soda. I can tell you’re worried whether the mug will last more than a day. I swear, you’ll see plenty of people who have brought their many years old Disney mugs with them and cheerfully refill 2002 mugs in 2010. We’re talking souvenir quality here folks.

My family loves the Quick Service DDP. We have done both the regular plan and the quick service several times, and we prefer the QS. We are not huge eaters, but we’re not necessarily light eaters either, and we’ve never been hungry using the QS. We all have plenty to eat. In fact, last August we left several meals unused.

it depends on how much you like to eat. It is usually enough to fill you for the day, plus you do get two snacks to go with the meals each day. The mug is only good at the resort you stay at not in the parks and if you would loose it you would have to buy another one.

depending on how you plan it some of the quick well a few of the quick has the quality of a table service the best example is the Wolf Gang Puck quick service resurant in DTD.
oh and welcome to MB

Thank you all. Your answers helped me a lot.

Which places and meals would you suggest us in the diferent parks to use our Disney Quick Service Dining Plan?

Same goes for the snacks, you can waste it on water or stop in the Main Street bakery in MK or the bakery in France and get an amazing snack!Fresh fruit tarts, napoleons, key lime pie ect.:wub:

[QUOTE=igorcb;1032656]Thank you all. Your answers helped me a lot.

Which places and meals would you suggest us in the diferent parks to use our Disney Quick Service Dining Plan?[/QUOTE]

You can find the menus to all WDW restaurants here: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World. The quick service places will say “counter service” to the right of the name of the restaurant.

Everyone has their favorites, but here are mine:
Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bills or Cosmic Ray’s
Epcot: Yakitori House or Sunshine Seasons
Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary
Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ

Good luck and welcome!

[QUOTE=igorcb;1032656]Thank you all. Your answers helped me a lot.

Which places and meals would you suggest us in the diferent parks to use our Disney Quick Service Dining Plan?[/QUOTE]

Here is a thread that has all the confirmed snacks in WDW.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-restaurants/34624-dining-plan-confirmed-snack-options.html

You could have a bagel or muffin and a juice and that would be your 2 snack credits used up for breakfast and then have your QS meals in the parks. If you are still hungry you can always purchase a snack. They usually do not cost more than $4.

May I have the classic turkey legs with my Quick Service plan?

[QUOTE=igorcb;1032567]I have payed for the Disney Quick Service Dining
About the meal:

• What if a loose my mug do they give me another one or I have to buy it again?[/QUOTE]

I used this plan last February and am using it again this August.
Yes, it’s definately enough food all day for one adult if used properly. Assuming you aren’t a big eater, you can easily use one of the two snacks you receive each day as breakfast.

For days you go to Univesal or SW, bank the counter services. There may be a day or two on the trip that you would want a full meal for breakfast or lunch instead of using your snacks for that.

Mug is one per person and can be refilled at your resort as often as your want for the entire time you are in WDW.

If you lose the mug, you are kinda beat. I suggest leaving it in your room so you don’t do that.

[QUOTE=Dana;1032691]I used this plan last February and am using it again this August.
Yes, it’s definately enough food all day for one adult if used properly. Assuming you aren’t a big eater, you can easily use one of the two snacks you receive each day as breakfast.

For days you go to Univesal or SW, bank the counter services. There may be a day or two on the trip that you would want a full meal for breakfast or lunch instead of using your snacks for that.

Mug is one per person and can be refilled at your resort as often as your want for the entire time you are in WDW.

If you lose the mug, you are kinda beat. I suggest leaving it in your room so you don’t do that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I’ll do that

Just remember that if you leave the World for the whole day and don’t use ANY credits, you will have extra and you can use those extra credits on other days to cover b-fast, lunch, dinner, etc. If you’re driving to Orlando you can easily stock up on soda and snacks at the end of the trip if you still have snack credits left. This has happened to my in laws a lot so they’d bring home bottles of soda, juice, water, snacks, etc.

The mug will be you’re only mug, unless you plan on buying a new one. Read up on the links provided to get the most for your money. You’ll be amazed at what you can get. AllEars.net is a great site to see Counter Service meals and etc.

Something I forgt to mention. I am also going to SW for a day. It’s still possible to use those two counters on non WDW park days. I will eat Bfast before I leave for SW using a counter and will probally use another for a late dinner or bank it for another day. The snacks, well that’s easy. My DD has a thing for Mcdonalds fries…she will no doubt use most of the credits…lol

Although I’ve never used the QS plan, I do remember someone saying they were concern they wouldn’t have enough food so they started to pay for a few things out of pocket. Well, the end of the week comes and they have extra credits to deal with. Just something to think about.

This is where many people make mistakes with these plans. I would rather run out at the end (not possible unless you eat and eat and eat all day). Use your credit allotments every day and whenever possible through out the trip. Keep track so you can make the right choices later on. If you are going to do three counter service places a day, pay for the least expensive one out of pocket. Do your research and plan accordingly.

It’s plenty of food, and we always still have credits left over at the end of are trip. You can only use the refillable mug at the resort and its the same mug for the time you are there.

We used it last month and it was plenty of food. In fact, some times I was still full from lunch when it came time for dinner. We also had 8 snacks left over so we got 4 bags of pretzels and 4 bottles of diet coke to take home.