Help! How to reveal the BIG surprise to the kids

So this year’s trip to Disney World is a total secret! We went to the beach in July & that was our “family” vacation- or so we told the kids. We really harped on it too, how much we needed a break from DW (say what!!) & maybe we would be able to go in a couple of years. :ph34r:So we’ve managed to keep it a secret from the kids & I plan to pack for everyone secretly, hiding all the suitcases & Disney paraphenalia in my office, which I can keep locked. So here’s the part that I need suggestions/advice about: How should we spring it on them? We’re picking up DD 12 from school first, then DS 6 from his school then to daycare to pick up DD 3 (& yes, I am the bad mommy that will take her kids out of school for a trip to DW!). Someone suggested all of the adults (me, DH, MIL & FIL) wear our mouse ears when we pick them up. Anyone got anything else? We plan to catch the surprise on the camcorder so we can look back at their reactions!:wub:

We surprised ours one trip by not telling them where we were going. Just said we wanted to get away for a couple of days. They were used to that because of all the weekend trips we used to take. They realized exactly where we were going when they woke up right as we approached the WDW Arch. You talk about some excited kids…:wub:

After you pick them up tell them you have to pick someone up at the airport. When everyone gets out of the car at the airport hand the kids Mouse Ears and tell them they will need them for their trip. Or just tell them your picking someone up at the airport and have a sign that says Mickey Mouse like a car service would have, Then when he does not show up tell them sinse he did not come see you you all will have to go see him.

I think picking them up with mouse ears on is a GREAT idea!! I wish someone would surprise me with a trip to WDW!!

The first time we took our two little girls we didn’t tell them where we where going made the whole 950mile trip onto Disney and into the parking lot at POP without them knowing they where napping as we went into disney. I got there reaction on tape also. PRICELESS.
I like to mouse ears if you are flying, if you are driving could you get to disney without them finding out? then that would be great.

could you do it with a card when you pick them up like an invitation? with mouse ears in a tissue filled bag with perhaps a balloon.

WE woke up the boys one November morning around 3 am and told them it was time to go to school. They got up and thought it was awfully dark. We “took them to school” but since this was a terribly long ride, we eventually had to tell them where they were going. They were not excited. No more surprises since then.

Well it’s a pretty long drive from our house to the airport, but we’re hoping since they’re going to school (at least for the morning) they won’t think anything is out of the ordinary. DH, who is normally off to work long before the kids get up, is planning on telling them he has a dr. appt. that morning so they won’t get suspicious that he’s home. :ph34r:
I like the idea of an invitation— I thought about preparing them & leaving them on their beds at Pop inviting them to CRT for breakfast the next morning- kind of a personal invite from Cinderella…I just want to make it as magical as possible since I’m never sure when we’ll get back to WDW.:wub:

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;986659]Well it’s a pretty long drive from our house to the airport, but we’re hoping since they’re going to school (at least for the morning) they won’t think anything is out of the ordinary. DH, who is normally off to work long before the kids get up, is planning on telling them he has a dr. appt. that morning so they won’t get suspicious that he’s home. :ph34r:
I like the idea of an invitation— I thought about preparing them & leaving them on their beds at Pop inviting them to CRT for breakfast the next morning- kind of a personal invite from Cinderella…I just want to make it as magical as possible since I’m never sure when we’ll get back to WDW.:wub:[/QUOTE]

The invitation idea was perfected by a member here a couple of years ago. She had invitations to a different location at WDW for her son every morning. Oh, I wish I could remember who that was. Maybe Emmerson613?

ooooo Good idea…I’ll have to think on that one- we’re doing MK 3 days & Epcot one…I’ll have to kick that idea around a little- maybe have the invites correspond to our character meals…:confused:

You know just write an invite to the pirates ride and one for the restaurants you might be dining in…

I’ll try and find that thread for you, it was too cute

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/35132-pictures-my-surprise-invitations.html
That’s it, take a look :smile:

Oh Iris, I feel so bad for you. What a disappointment that must have been. You can surprise me any time you want. :wink: Oh wait, you did. And they were delicious. :wub:

I was disappointed. Rascals those. I pushed them into Disney, they never liked it. Outdoors kind of kids :pinch:

[QUOTE=Dopey;986703]http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/35132-pictures-my-surprise-invitations.html
That’s it, take a look :smile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!! Your MouseBuzzers are the BEST!:wub:

You can ask the flight attendant, and they do a very good job. Last year they let the reading light turned on in my childrens head, and they said in the local sound that those who had a light have won a Disneyland trip. They really love it.

This is so awesome! They will just have to be thrilled! I am not good at suprises, but I can’t wait to hear what you decide!

Side note… (I hate to be the one who puts a damper on things, please forgive me!!! BUT… the 12 year old may just want to die if her parents pick her up in front of all of her classmates wearing Mickey Ears!, I could be wrong, but I would aer on the side of caution with that one! Sorry, I think it’s a great idea, but I always try to remember being their age.)

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;986796]This is so awesome! They will just have to be thrilled! I am not good at suprises, but I can’t wait to hear what you decide!

Side note… (I hate to be the one who puts a damper on things, please forgive me!!! BUT… the 12 year old may just want to die if her parents pick her up in front of all of her classmates wearing Mickey Ears!, I could be wrong, but I would aer on the side of caution with that one! Sorry, I think it’s a great idea, but I always try to remember being their age.)[/QUOTE]

I agree . My DD 11 would DIE!!!

I told my DD about our surprise trip. There was NO way I was able to keep the secret but she has no clue what day we leave on.

I just told my DD8 about our trip 3 days ago. I had a family friend who works at WDW send her a letter from Mickey saying how he had heard about her and he also heard that she was saving up to come and see him in 2 years. He said that he couldn’t wait that long to see her so SURPRISE you are getting on a plane in 24 days! She read the letter out loud and when she got to that last sentence her jaw dropped to the floor. She jumped up and down a bit then came over to hug me. By the time she got to me she was bawling her eyes out. She didn’t stop for like 5 minutes. My whole family was there and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room. It was 100 times better than I could have ever hoped for. As soon as my brother emails me the video of it I will post it. My dad said watching her was the highlight of his year

Thats so cool. I have the goosebumps when I read your daughters reaction.
You will be there the same time we will be and my DD is so excited she cant sleep at night. Every morn she wakes up and tells me how many days to go

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;986796]This is so awesome! They will just have to be thrilled! I am not good at suprises, but I can’t wait to hear what you decide!

Side note… (I hate to be the one who puts a damper on things, please forgive me!!! BUT… the 12 year old may just want to die if her parents pick her up in front of all of her classmates wearing Mickey Ears!, I could be wrong, but I would aer on the side of caution with that one! Sorry, I think it’s a great idea, but I always try to remember being their age.)[/QUOTE]

You make a very good point!!! That won’t work on anyone past the age of 6 :blush: