Help me choose a resort, please!

Hello all,
We are planning our trip this fall and we are trying where we should stay this trip. We have four adults so more room the better but we want to stay around $1000 a person for room and park hopper ticket. We have talked about Animal Kingdom, family suites at Art of Animation, and cabins. We have also talked about Riverside. Is there a moderate resort with family suites? Thanks for the help!

Cabins might be hard to get, I would either do A of A, or do AK. Riverside does not have a suite that I am aware of, but it is a nice resort. Good luck planning.

I would go with Art of Animation family suites. How many nights are you talking and which dates?

I would look into renting DVC-- that would give you a lot more options!

I agree - maybe a 2 bedroom at OKW (the most inexpensive DVC resort) or perhaps one of the Treehouses. That would give you a huge amount of space.

We often rent points, but we would like to get free dining this trip, since we have a huge trip planned for next year. We are going November 24- December 1, 2012.

I’d really look into pricing out a 2BR rental with tix since your budget is 1K per person.

Coronado Springs is the only moderate with suites. Photos on my website and forum below.

We have always opted to have two adjoining rooms rather than a suite. We are not interested in cooking during our vacation, like to have the extra bathroom and it gives us plenty of beds. Some of the suites have couches that fold out to beds which are not always the most convenient.

We have done this at both moderate and value resorts. Value resorts rooms are smaller; however, its about half the price. The last time we stayed at deluxe (sleeps 5) we were cramped.

We did stay at the AK suites one year. There was a bedroom with bath (bed was a king) and then the living room with a couch and chair that became beds. It was nice, but still felt a little cramped. Maybe a two room suite would work best. But, we like having maid service every day, etc.

Two rooms works best for us.

For the price of the CSR suite you could stay somewhere in the deluxe category. They are pretty pricey.

Have you looked at the Epcot area resorts? We love the location, being close to two parks is great. The Swan and Dolphin offer discounts that Disney resorts don’t. I know they have a teacher discount that I hope to use one day.

AKL always gets my vote but you’d have to go for a suite for the extra space. I have stayed at a 2bed in SSR and the space was incredible, we where not use to having so much space and it did make a nice change (4 adults travelling), renting DVC points might be the most cost-effective way of doing this though.

POR would be nice, it’s a super relaxing resort but you’d have to book adjoining rooms. AA family suits look really nice and it being a new resort and all everything is going to be so shiny and new, that would tip the scales for me