Help me choose a resort

We haven’t decided which hotel category we will stay in for our trip next year, but I would at least like to narrow it down to one per category.
Tell me your likes and dislikes, and pros/cons to staying at each of the following resorts. Keep in mind it will be two adults and our two year old daughter, so we will probably return to the resort daily for a nap.
Also, does anyone know if all the deluxe rooms have balconies?
Thanks!:mickey:

Value:
Pop, ASMusic or ASMovies. (We have stayed at Music and Movies).

Moderate:
CBR vs CSR (Still considering POR, but have stayed there before…I think I want to try a new one).

Deluxe:
WL vs AKL (Never stayed at either resort).

Pop, CBR and WL.

WL is gorgeous! And you’re not too far off the beaten path compared to AKL. But don’t get me wrong, AKL is fantastic, as long as you have a view… And a car.

The best of the mods IMO is POR by far. Riverside edges FQ by a slight margin, but both are great for mods! I’ve stayed at CSR a few times and I just can’t get over the fact that it has a HI express “feel” to it. Don’t get me wrong, I love HI Expresses for quick biz trips, but if I’m staying at Disney, I want to feel like I’m staying at Disney. I have been to CSR for conventions as well, but it is probably my least favorite of the mods (and the YC is by far the better hotel for conventions :closedeye).

Personally I can’t stay at a value resort because the beds are too hard for my personal comfort, but if $ is an issue for you, then it’s better than not staying on Disney property (once again, IMO).

I love CSR. A nice resort with a great main pool area.

Queen beds are a plus and it does offer some amenities not found at the other mods, i.e., fitness center, sauna, tanning beds, spa, salon, dance/night club.

Check out my website below for more detailed info.

I’m thinking in terms of what’s best for a family with a toddler…

I’m not an expert on the All Stars and haven’t stayed at the Pop - but I would think that ASMovies would be the most fun.

For a moderate - well, there’s no denying that having queen-sized bed is a big consideration, and that would mean CSR. However, you’re not going for a while, so who knows if the CBR won’t have a refurb. In that case, I would take CBR because I think the grounds are so beautiful - toddlers love to run - and there’s lots of running room there. Personally, I would go for POFQ - it now does have queen-sized beds and the small size makes it perfect for a young family. If it was between POFQ and the other two, I wouldn’t even think twice - it would be POFQ.

AKL or WL? Well, who doesn’t love animals? And AKL is such a gorgeous resort in every way - but, with the age of your little angel, I would lean toward WL. It’s so gorgeous and is closer to the MK where you’ll probably spend a lot of time. The boat to MK seems to be our “worst luck” transportation at WDW - but others say they have no problem with it; so, it’s probably just one of those things we encountered.

I’m “pretty certain” that all Deluxe rooms have balconies…

POR for families ,lots of pools,great food court,great scenery,away from hustle and bustle,river ride to downtown,…just loads of fun

[QUOTE=llama;1070611]I’m thinking in terms of what’s best for a family with a toddler…

I’m not an expert on the All Stars and haven’t stayed at the Pop - but I would think that ASMovies would be the most fun.

For a moderate - well, there’s no denying that having queen-sized bed is a big consideration, and that would mean CSR. However, you’re not going for a while, so who knows if the CBR won’t have a refurb. In that case, I would take CBR because I think the grounds are so beautiful - toddlers love to run - and there’s lots of running room there. Personally, I would go for POFQ - it now does have queen-sized beds and the small size makes it perfect for a young family. If it was between POFQ and the other two, I wouldn’t even think twice - it would be POFQ.

AKL or WL? Well, who doesn’t love animals? And AKL is such a gorgeous resort in every way - but, with the age of your little angel, I would lean toward WL. It’s so gorgeous and is closer to the MK where you’ll probably spend a lot of time. The boat to MK seems to be our “worst luck” transportation at WDW - but others say they have no problem with it; so, it’s probably just one of those things we encountered.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with you, having a toddler would make ASM a great choice and the other opinions you have stated too.

Unless ASMovies has had a much needed refurb (I heard talk of one, but didn’t look too much into it), then I’d recommend ASMusic first. I stayed at ASMo and thought the rooms were really dark and kind of dreary. ASMu is much brighter. But you said you’ve stayed at both, so you’d probably know your favorite, then.

I know nothing about moderates… one day I will! :laugh:

Both WL and AKL are awesome. WL is more convenient to MK. We’ve had no problem with WL transportation - boat or buses. I’ve never stayed at AKL (would like to one day), but I have eaten dinner there, and it is definitely “off the beaten path” as papa bear said. We didn’t have a difficult time locating the resort (though it was way out of the way), but we had a hard time finding where to park (it was dark…) and how to get to Boma (the lobby is really confusing if you’re in a hurry and don’t know where you’re going). It’s a beautiful resort, though. But you might want to wait until DD is a little older.

I haven’t stayed at any of the value resorts, so I can’t offer any insights for them. In terms of the moderate, I would probably choose CSR of the two, for the queen beds, but my personal choice would be off your list and be POFQ. I like the size, the bus service, and the refurbed rooms look very nice. Of the two deluxe choices, I would opt for Wilderness Lodge. It’s a beautiful resort, close to MK, with good restaurants. It’s also good for little ones, with its unique pool, geyser, and view of the Electrical pageant(if she’s still awake).

oh, BTW, both deluxe resorts have terraces for the rooms.

[QUOTE=llama;1070611]
For a moderate - well, there’s no denying that having queen-sized bed is a big consideration, and that would mean CSR. However, you’re not going for a while, so who knows if the CBR won’t have a refurb. In that case, I would take CBR because I think the grounds are so beautiful - toddlers love to run - and there’s lots of running room there. Personally, I would go for POFQ - it now does have queen-sized beds and the small size makes it perfect for a young family. If it was between POFQ and the other two, I wouldn’t even think twice - it would be POFQ.[/QUOTE]CBR was recently rehabbed in 2009 and stayed with double beds. They also added the Nemo theme to the rooms and the Pirate rooms in Trinidad South.

Thanks everyone!

If you are going in 2012 like we are, the “Art of Animation” should be opening which is a new value resort attached to the Pop Century. It is supposed to have family sized suites. Still no information that I can find which tells us when it will open, but this is the resort we are looking forward to for our trip.

Pop, POR, WL.

Pop, POFQ, and Poly. Poly is our favorite BY FAR, but if we can’t justify the cost, the WL is the best possibly otherwise for a normal resort.

Pop and AKL.

Couldn’t give a mod choice. Haven’t stayed at CBR but did stay at CSR and I’m not sure it’s a great choice for a toddler if Pop and AKL are among your choices. The bigger than life icons at Pop are just fun for anyone. The animals at AKL are, well, fun for anyone! :happy:

If the new art of animation is open than now question I think I would have to try that resort period. with the WL as a good second

I’d pick POFQ, or CBR for the Mod Category.
For the Deluxe, I’d pick BC or Poly, but if you’re set on the two that you indicated, I’d pick AKL. The only downfall is that it is located so far away from everything. WL has better proximity to parks etc, but, while it is a beautiful resort, the AKL has a great pool and the animal features are fun.
Good luck on your decision.

POR or WL
POR have stayed many times before we purchased DVC. Love the food court and Piano Bob in the bar area is a must see. Great pool depending where you stay it could be a long walk. Ask for Building 14

WL just love everything about this place…rooms are close…good food court…great pool and nice to sit on the beach and relax.

We are planning on late Jan/early Feb, so I don’t think it will be open. I wish it was!
Thanks!

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1070716]I’d pick POFQ, or CBR for the Mod Category.
For the Deluxe, I’d pick BC or Poly, but if you’re set on the two that you indicated, I’d pick AKL. The only downfall is that it is located so far away from everything. WL has better proximity to parks etc, but, while it is a beautiful resort, the AKL has a great pool and the animal features are fun.
Good luck on your decision.[/QUOTE]

I have zero interest in POFQ…the hanging heads in the food court are beyond weird and creepy. :huh:

I am set on either WL or AKL simply for cost purposes. There is no way I can justify any of the other deluxe resort price tags at this point.

Thanks again everyone!

Does anyone know/remember how long the bus ride takes from AKL to MK and Epcot?
Thanks!