Help me choose a timeshare

we have 4 options available for our timeshare exchange for next june. i think i know which one to choose, but would love all of you to help! so, what do you think? any experience with any of these?

sheraton vistana resort
club sevilla
vacation village at parkway
villas at fortune place

What are the choices?

sorry, i should have put it in the post, there is a poll on top of the thread. :ph34r:

Have you thought of Orange Lake Resort. I LOVE,LOVE that resort. We stayed there 2 years ago and that by far was everyones favorite(apart from Disney of course).I don’t know if that can be included in one of your choices but I would highly consider it if you can. If not i would go with Sheraton. By the way,you can only book Orange Lake every 3 years:angry::angry:.

we stayed at orange lake 2 years ago - 3 i guess when we go back, but it isn’t available the week we want to go. we waited super long to book - some issues with our timeshare company and DH"s grandpa - its his timeshare, but we are the only ones who use it. anyway, finally got the go ahead to book, and only have 4 choices now.

I had to vote Sheraton Vistana…I own there! And I absolutely LOVE it!!! I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there. Exactly when are you going? They are updating the ENTIRE resort. I think by the end of next year, only 1 or 2 sections will still be older. Who knows, they might even be refurbished, too!

PM me with ANY and all questions. We stayed there for a week last year and never even left the property! NO PARKS OR ANYTHING!!! We took the time to really enjoy the resort.

The location can’t be beat. It’s right near I-4 on 525. Not too far from the entrance to DTD…and also the International Drive entrance, too! PERFECT location!!!

Here’s a link to a blog that featured Vistana Resort. It’s a good read and really gives you a feel for the resort!

Love your Family

kim, i KNEW you’d vote vistana! haha! the only problem i see with it is my rci info says it’s a one bedroom - we want a 2 bedroom and according to what i have seen, i can’t get it there. i need to just call i guess. vacation village at parkway says its a 2 bedroom lockout - which would be great with 2 families! so i’m leaning that way, unless vistana can do the same for us.

Sheraton Vistana! I’ve stayed at Sheraton Vistana and Vacation Village and the Sheraton is beautiful. Vacation Village was nice but I didn’t like the parking situation. After a long day at the parks the last thing I wanted to do is park and then walk a little ways to my unit. I also thought the pools were very small at Vacation Village. I have no complaints about Sheraton Vistana; awesome resort.

Sarah, exactly WHEN are you going? I find it hard to believe that a 2 BR at Vistana wouldn’t come up. :confused: KEEP TRYING. You won’t regret it!

Here’s a link to the resort to get your palette wet. :laugh:

Sheraton Vistana Resort, Orlando, Florida

Sarah, I know that this one is not on your list but we love, love, love…Marriott’s Grande Vista. It’s absolutely stunning there. We have stayed there many times and we love it everytime. They do have two bedroom’s with jacuzzi’s. They are so nicely decorated. Very comfortable.

I’ve heard the Sheraton Vistana is really nice!

Looks like solid for SVA.

Another way to choose is to look on ebay and see what the units are bringing in resale auctions. I think you’ll find SVA and Orange Lake are the best of the WDW area non DVC timeshares.

ok, thanks everyone! I’m going to call rci and see what i can get - sometimes speaking to someone is better than online. plus, i want to add a night if i can!

We just stayed at the Vistana for the first time Aug 9-12, didn’t want to leave. I would suggest at least 5 days. Make sure you get a big enough villa, perferably with full kitchen. Make time for swimming, ping pong etc…there.

They all have some sort of kitchen…the smaller 1 bedrooms have an efficiency which is a full sized fridge, a stove top and convection oven/microwave. The larger 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units have FULL kitchens.

Sarah, GO GET IT! I can’t see why you will have a problem getting a 2 BR villa, unless it’s during a holiday week.

When EXACTLY are you going? Make sure to request one of these sections; I think the rehabs will be done by the end of next year. Make sure to request a rehabbed room in: LAKES (I own there), FALLS, FOUNTAINS, FOUNTAINS II, and SPRINGS.

GOOD LUCK!!!

We love Vistana – see my signature! – and a lot of MBers have bought there and love it too. The pools, the plantings, the luxurious rooms, the location. Wonderful!

ok, vistana now shows a 2 bedroom!! not sure what the difference was, but…oh well!

so, will the 2 bedroom be ok for 8 people - 2 families of 4? vacation village says the 2BR is a lock out - doesn’t that mean it’s two 1 BR’s, with a door between that can be opened? that’d be nice, since there are 2 separate families. my friend is leaning towards that one because of this feature. you guys are making me lean towards vistana. argh - i gotta decide today, my clock is ticking!!!

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=emamasa;874162]ok, vistana now shows a 2 bedroom!! not sure what the difference was, but…oh well!

so, will the 2 bedroom be ok for 8 people - 2 families of 4? vacation village says the 2BR is a lock out - doesn’t that mean it’s two 1 BR’s, with a door between that can be opened? that’d be nice, since there are 2 separate families. my friend is leaning towards that one because of this feature. you guys are making me lean towards vistana. argh - i gotta decide today, my clock is ticking!!!

:)[/QUOTE]

Sarah… are you talking about BUYING the timeshare, or just renting for a trip? If you are renting, I have some other options you might like –

Have you looked into Marriott Cypress Harbour? It is directly across the street from Sea World, making it about 5 minutes or so farther from WDW than Vistana. It sleeps a lot of people, the rooms are beautiful, and you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Just another option!

In fact, check out Marriott Royal Palms and Marriott Sabal Palms too. They are right next door to Vistana, and they offer privileges at Marriott World Center, which has an absolutely amazing pool area and lots of great places to eat.

Oh, oh oh!!! I just remembered – If you decide you need a little more elbow room, there is another property called Marriott Imperial Palms, in the same area, which has 3-bedrooms, 2-bath rooms that are wonderful. You might get a great price there, as well!

thanks msdiz - we are just renting - well, exchanging actually i guess. DH’s grandpa has 3 weeks a year with rci and we are the only ones who’ll use it! (grandpa isn’t up to traveling much anymore)

since we have waited so long to book, the week we want (may 31-june6, 2009) just lists 4 choices - thus the poll for those 4 choices. if it were wide open, boy we’d have an even tougher time i think, haha!

thanks again guys! i hope to get with my friend that is also going (it’s her families 1st wdw trip ever) and book today or tomorrow! i’ll let ya know where we go!

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;874084]They all have some sort of kitchen…the smaller 1 bedrooms have an efficiency which is a full sized fridge, a stove top and convection oven/microwave. The larger 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units have FULL kitchens.

Sarah, GO GET IT! I can’t see why you will have a problem getting a 2 BR villa, unless it’s during a holiday week.

When EXACTLY are you going? Make sure to request one of these sections; I think the rehabs will be done by the end of next year. Make sure to request a rehabbed room in: LAKES (I own there), FALLS, FOUNTAINS, FOUNTAINS II, and SPRINGS.

GOOD LUCK!!![/QUOTE]

We had the 1 br and were surprised to find the fridge was the small type, like for a dorm,(but bigger than at the WDW moderates) we didn’t have enough room to cook the meals we had hoped, so that is why I suggested getting the full kitchen.