Help me choose

After a few people discussing being “held hostage” by ADR’s I came up with a really stupid plan. I cancelled most of my ADR’s. I told DW we’d do a FS lunch when we got hunger, “because we’ll find places to do a walk-in” and we’d do CS lunch. Now, it made sense to me at the time, but DW convinced me I’m nuts.

So I’ve gone back and rebooked everything, but I have a dilemma. I could only get Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch. I can get Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I can’t find anything else around MK that still has open reservations. I went ahead and booked both, but I don’t want to hog the ADR’s from other guests.

So…Whispering Canyon for lunch (fewer antics) or Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner?

Oops! This was suppose to be in the restaurant forum. Oh, well.

I chose Whispering Canyon. I like walking away from the theme parks for a hour or two. This will force you to unwind and relax sorta:heart:

I chose Liberty Tree, mainly because I don’t care for Whispering Canyon. Most people like it, it’s just not my thing. Too noisy and busy. I prefer to have a relaxing dinner than a crazy lunch.

I think the food is about equal at both places, good but not great. I think if I had to pick I think I would have to go with Liberty Tree but it would be a very slim victory. The menu at WCC doesn’t do a lot for me but I know a lot of people love it. I would pick Liberty Tree Tavern hands down if the characters were still there but sadly they are gone and it doesn’t look like they’re coming back.

Looks like my vote tied you for both… My pick WCC. It’s always fun there, WL is great and it is nice to leave the park for a little while to relax.

Liberty Tree…but we are the ones who don’t usually leave the parks for meals…we’ve loved LT for years…but like someone else said…we will miss the characters now.

I was kinda thinking the same way Dana was thinking. Either choice is good, though! :happy:

I’ve eaten at both. I like the food more at LTT, but some of my best vacation stories come from WCC. Lunch at WCC is much more subdued than dinner, which is kind of a bummer.

Sounds like you are making your own decision there…
I would say either place, but that is no help.

eeeny meeny minee mo

I voted for Liberty Tree. I’m not a fan of Whispering Canyon.

And just to stir the pot - I think you had a good idea about FS for lunch…

Another vote for Liberty Tree. I haven’t been to either, so I’m looking at it as a convenience factor. If the kids are having a great time at MK, they may not want to leave the park. Then again, maybe everyone would like a “breather.” See, this is why I don’t do ADRs. I get stressed out over all the factors, and do so much better with “in the moment” what works best.

“Beth” you and I would do quite well together touring “the world”. This is why we don’t do the ADR and dining plan route.

Want to go in August??? Just kidding. :laugh::laugh:

I voted for Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch. I actually really like both places (I could live on comfort foods alone) but I prefer Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch over dinner. I really like their lunch menu. The pot roast is delicious. Have you considered Liberty Tree for lunch? That would actually be my vote over both of your choices.

Basically, I am no help. Aren’t you glad I voted? :laugh:

Cosmic Rays…

I’ve never done WC but love love love LTT. Good old fashioned home cooking.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1116122]I voted for Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch. I actually really like both places (I could live on comfort foods alone) but I prefer Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch over dinner. I really like their lunch menu. The pot roast is delicious. Have you considered Liberty Tree for lunch? That would actually be my vote over both of your choices.

Basically, I am no help. Aren’t you glad I voted? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

No availability at LTT for lunch. No availabilty at WCC for dinner.

Every trip. Always a CS meal for us.

Cosmic Rays has just about the best choices for different “tastes” that there is in CS restaurant at Disney----and lots of seating indoors too.