Help me decide please

I am going to WDW from Sept 11-19. I have a 5 day park hopper pass at the moment. We don’t arrive til midnight on the 11th so we will have 7 full days to have fun. Well, technically 6 1/2 because I doubt we will be up and ready to go first thing on Sept 12. We leave at 8:00 am on the 19th. I am planning one day to maybe minigolf and explore DTD. I had planned on using airmiles to get free passes to Universal Studios but now that’s not an option. I don’t know what would be the best thing to do now.

Should I a) pay the money to buy tickets for Universal Studios. This involves paying for Mears to transport us as well b) add another days worth of hopper or c) have another day to relax and maybe check out the different resorts. It will be me and my 8 almost 9 year old daughter going on our first trip. Please help me decide what to do. Thanks again for all your input.

Kim

I would take a day to relax, swim in the pool at your resort, go to Downtown Disney and maybe visit other resorts.:happy:

Good luck deciding!

If you’re ruling out Universal and Sea World, you’re probably best off adding one day to your ticket. Even with the best of intentions, once you’re there, it’s going to be really hard to resist the desire to get into the parks. You can always go to a park, take a break during the day, and then go back to the park in the evening.
If you don’t have a car, you’re probably going to pay somewhere around $40 or more for a round trip between WDW and Sea World or Universal, plus the tickets. For that kind of money, you can add a day and upgrade to park hopper or add the waterparks option. Maybe both.

Edit: The extra day for a non hopping ticket will only cost $3 per adult.
Six days of hopper would add $60 per adult.
Six days non hopping plus waterparks would add $60 per ticket.
If it were me, I’d add the extra day and park hopping. I refuse to be limited to only one park each day.
Here’s a helpful chart of all prices and all options:

http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm#MYW1

I would add days because the more days on your ticket the cheaper it is. When I added my 10th night onto my package I added a 10 day ticket for about $3

I would spent the extra couple of dollars for another day at disney. Depending how tight your budget is, hopping can be a good thing, but planning one park a day is good too.

I’ve decided to get the base ticket because we are there for 11 days so I know we will get to do and see everything. We actually did base for the 1st time in Dec and loved it.

Thank you soundgod for that chart! What an easy way to make comparisons. From what I am getting from it I can go from a 5 day park hopper to a 6 day hopper pass for about $6.00 total. How can that be? Is that right? Right now I have 5 day hoppers with no water park and will probably upgrade to a 6 day hopper with no water park. Can someone please verify that info for me? If that is correct I think my decision is made for me. Thanks so much.

I have to say that this site is the best place I have found for getting my questions answered. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. No one gets miffed for answering the same question a million times. This site makes me SO excited to get there in 98 days. Thanks everyone

Kim

Kim, that is right. If you already have a 5 day hopper (which is the way to go) you will only pay another $3 to add the sixth day. In fact, for $6 you can add the seventh day as well (something to consider).
The MYW ticket is front loaded so that you pay full price for the first day or two and then it drops dramatically after that. They really hit day trippers who only want to go for one or two days.
Part of the reason is that you’re already staying on property (most people anyway) Disney is going to have the extra revenue from 5 nights in one of their hotels and often times 5 days of dining plan. Also, by the time you get to the maximum 10 day ticket, you’re not that far from the cost of a seasonal pass.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966116]Kim, that is right. If you already have a 5 day hopper (which is the way to go) you will only pay another $3 to add the sixth day. In fact, for $6 you can add the seventh day as well (something to consider).
The MYW ticket is front loaded so that you pay full price for the first day or two and then it drops dramatically after that. They really hit day trippers who only want to go for one or two days.
Part of the reason is that you’re already staying on property (most people anyway) Disney is going to have the extra revenue from 5 nights in one of their hotels and often times 5 days of dining plan. Also, by the time you get to the maximum 10 day ticket, you’re not that far from the cost of a seasonal pass.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering how much an AP is? I have a 10 day base ticket and was thinking of the upgrade.

Look at the chart link below

:laugh: what link?

This link:

Ticket Price Comparison Chart

All the way at the bottom.

Seasonal is $500 for an adult
Seasonal for DVC member is $393.
Premium is $638, but don’t forget you get AP room rate discounts.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966129]This link:

Ticket Price Comparison Chart

All the way at the bottom.

Seasonal is $500 for an adult
Seasonal for DVC member is $393.
Premium is $638, but don’t forget you get AP room rate discounts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I should have got one in Dec.

This is OT but how can I get a countdown for my posts? I’m finally in the double digits and want to show everyone LOL

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;966156]This is OT but how can I get a countdown for my posts? I’m finally in the double digits and want to show everyone LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

You need to have 100 posts and have been with MB for 3 months. Don’t worry, you’ll get there!

Disney really does a nice job of ensuring you will stay at their resort for your ENTIRE vacation. I am pretty sure my DD’s thing FLA. and Disney are synonomouse.:laugh: you and your DD will have a BLAST! Take your time exploring the parks. If you don’t get to see something, go another day to that park specifically for that attraction.

Parkhoppers are great and I think you made the right choice by simply adding the extra time… You will not regret it.:mickey:

We drove the last two years and went to the outlet stores. Now one of our days is put asside strictly for shopping at the outlets. Being the DH with 2 DD I am out numbered and shopping it is. Its an option.:blink:

We are doing Universal One of our days while we are at Disney. If you do decide to do that book through The Magic For Less Travel. They have a special deal it includeds Mears transportation from any Disney Resort drops you off at City Walk and 2 parks 1 day tickets! Its $84.99 so with this you get transportations for free!

If it were me, I would add another day to that Park Hopper! :smiley:
I think saving a day for DTD is a good idea too! We always have a DTD day our last day at Disney! :smiley:

[QUOTE=kimblebee;966156]This is OT but how can I get a countdown for my posts? I’m finally in the double digits and want to show everyone LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

You can always make your signature say when you are going. It wont count it down but everyone will know when you are there…

Oh… I also wanted to tell you about Disney florist. Im getting my DD something from there for her bday. Well… Not onher bday but to be there for when we arrive. Its the welcome to disney basket. It comes with a pen, princess crown and autograph book. Just thought if it was in your budget your DD might like as well since its her first trip.
A Royal Welcome © Disney Floral & Gifts - Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 - Delivering Fresh Flowers and Gifts

also if you are going for Mickeys not so scary halloween party they have something for that as well which i was thinking about but dont know if the price is worth it since the kids will be getting candy at MK. I may just go to Walmart and get a Disney bucket but here is a link…

Minnie’s Princess Pumpkin Disney Floral & Gifts - Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 - Delivering Fresh Flowers and Gifts