Help me determine which is the best

First we had planned on going next year on spring break, but we have since decided on building a house so any extra money we will have will go towards our new house:happy:. Now we are stuck trying to determine when to reschedule our time to go. Here is what we are thinking and I need opinions on what people think about weather, crowds etc because these are new times for us:

last week of Oct 2010
mid-August 2010 (actually not new to us as that is the timeframe we went 2 years ago)
last week of May 2011:crying: (but Disney will still be there)
(I know these are are way into the future but it makes me happy to plan!)

[B]Keep in mind it can not be too hot (which is why August would be ABSOLUTE last choice-we would be doing a lot of early mornings and late nights) because I have one child who has heart problems as well as asthma.[/B]

We are leaning towards end of May because school will be out and we can go for many days. Oct would only be about 4 or 5 days and Aug is flexible.
We have no experience with May-what is it like???

[QUOTE=Princessbaby;974324]
We have no experience with May-what is it like???[/QUOTE]

We have been the last week of May twice, the first time the weather was beautiful but last year it was HOT, as hot as any July/August we’ve taken. In fact, we went back in July and it was cooler than it had been 7-8 weeks earlier. That said, we love going in May and would gladly go again at that time.

Wow- so it can be either direction. I guess we could always do the early am and late pm when the sun goes down. If we are there more days then we could have time to explore things during the day that we would not normally do because we’re trying to squeeze everything in. My DH wants our next trip to be more relaxing than previous trips.

Are crowds better than July/Aug?

:laugh: When we went in 2005 (I think) crowds were wonderful but last year crowds were worse than when we went back in July.

I would go end of October 2010. Its so nice and you can do MNSSHP.

I have never been in May, so I’m not help there, but we usually go in early-mid August. I like it, even though the heat can be ridiculous! We’ve also been in late October, and it was nice, too.

Yeah, August was great for crowds the 2 times I went at that time. The heat-not so great!!:blink:

DITTO! My favorite time of year! :heart:

A plus to going the last week of Oct is my B-day is Nov 1 so it would be a great b-day trip for me!!!

Yes! And birthdays are so much fun in WDW!

Well, October is my absolute favorite time to go, so that’s what I’m going to recommend. The weather is lovely and the crowds are minimal. It’s also a great time to get good deals on room rates and dining.

Second choice would be May - partly because it’s an awful long way away, and I don’t know about you, but I’d want my Disney fix as soon as possible. In May, it’s starting to warm up, but isn’t nearly as hot and humid as July and August. The crowds get larger towards the end of May, as schools begin to let out.

August… is very, VERY hot. But, there’s often a lot of promotions going on towards the end of August. It’s still a bit crowded with the people who go back to school late. (South Carolina goes back to school towards the end of August because they claim that student workers are essential to the heavy amount of tourism in our state. Florida, however, begins school a bit earlier, so you probably won’t have to worry about local children.)

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;974376]Well, October is my absolute favorite time to go, so that’s what I’m going to recommend. The weather is lovely and the crowds are minimal. It’s also a great time to get good deals on room rates and dining.

Second choice would be May - partly because it’s an awful long way away, and I don’t know about you, but I’d want my Disney fix as soon as possible. In May, it’s starting to warm up, but isn’t nearly as hot and humid as July and August. The crowds get larger towards the end of May, as schools begin to let out.

August… is very, VERY hot. But, there’s often a lot of promotions going on towards the end of August. It’s still a bit crowded with the people who go back to school late. (South Carolina goes back to school towards the end of August because they claim that student workers are essential to the heavy amount of tourism in our state. Florida, however, begins school a bit earlier, so you probably won’t have to worry about local children.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks- I was hoping someone would say May wasn’t as bad heatwise as August! It was a VERY hot August the last time we went and my DS was miserable-he complained of chest pain almost the whole trip. We would definitely be taking it easy if we went at that time of year.

Yeah, I would guess it to be around mid to upper 80s in May, which isn’t nearly as bad as upper 90s to 100 in August.

If May allows you to stay longer, then it’s probably worth the wait. And the prices aren’t as high as the June/July/August prices, yet.

I think May can be beautiful but there’s a good chance it could be hot by the end of the month, we’ve seen both.

I know- and I went back and was reading some TR from DIS and this past May was VERY VERY rainy!!! May seems to really vary…

Florida just has weird weather. All you know for sure is that in July and August, it’s going to be crazy hot with 100% humidity! :laugh:

I think we had such a wonderful trip a few years ago that we went in expecting the same last year and it didn’t happen. I’m not sure which trip was more typical of the crowds or weather but they were very different. When we go in July we KNOW it’s going to be hot and crowded, I guess May isn’t as predictable.

Yep-you can count on those months being hot and sticky!!:pinch:

I remember your TR- I wish it was like that all the time. I might have to go ack and read it again-especially since I have to wait so long to go back-I guess a new house is a good reason though!!:laugh:

I would love the end of May to always be beautiful because that’s a time when we can usually go since we get out of school so early. I would love a few more trips that I don’t sweat from the minute I step out of the resort.