Help Me Find A Resort?

Since two family members added on to our trip we are thinking of switching resorts to be all together. Right now they are booked in SSR and we are in AKV. We called SSR to see if they had any two bedrooms available and they didn’t. Then I searched OKW on the Disney site and they said they had no two bedrooms available. Should I try calling them to make sure or do you guys have another suggestion? Oh by the way our family has four, my mom and dad and me and my brother who definitely can’t share a bed.

We probably aren’t going to end up changing if it comes to money and stuff but it’s in our thoughts.

That is Marathon Weekend so reservations are probably really tight.

In your countdown, it looks like you have never been to AKV. Don’t give that up. It is such a great experience to stay there. I’m thinking it may be good to be in separate resorts. That way, you get some down time in entertaining people.

I agree. So long as you have cell phones, it’s often easier to have separation, that way you feel less of an obligation to spend every minute together.

Keep the ressies as they are.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;1004159]I agree. So long as you have cell phones, it’s often easier to have separation, that way you feel less of an obligation to spend every minute together.

Keep the ressies as they are.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Unless you spend a lot of time with these people being together 24/7 can be difficult and add stress to your trip.

We looked up everything and it’s all sold out anyway because of the marathon, we will be keeping our AKV.

Another bonus of staying at different resorts is, you all will be able to enjoy the amenities at both!

When we went with my sisterinlaw and niece we had joining rooms. That worked out very nice.

Been there. Done that. NOT FUN!!! You need private time!

I think you are doing the smart thing staying at AKV. We have stayed at both resorts and love them both but AKV is more enjoyable IMO.

Either way hope that y’all have a wonderful vacation!

Oh you mean like pool hopping…:blink::ph34r::laugh::laugh::laugh:
oh thats a different thread, sorry.:laugh::laugh:

Without a doubt I agree with everyone else that you need down/private time and you will get all the extra’s from their resort. You are going to LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE AKL. Have a great trip.

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1004491]Oh you mean like pool hopping…:blink::ph34r::laugh::laugh::laugh:
oh thats a different thread, sorry.:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

At the risk of opening a wound, if you’re visiting official guests at a resort, if those guests are at their pool, you are welcome to join them.
However I wouldn’t recommend simply showing up to use the other resort’s pools.

Regarding the resort question, either do two separate unconnected rooms at one resort (preferably on different floors, wings, or buildings) or one group at one resort and another resort at a second. If you jam the whole tribe into one two bedroom “condo” suite, you will have no alone time.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1004598]At the risk of opening a wound, if you’re visiting official guests at a resort, if those guests are at their pool, you are welcome to join them.
However I wouldn’t recommend simply showing up to use the other resort’s pools.

Regarding the resort question, either do two separate unconnected rooms at one resort (preferably on different floors, wings, or buildings) or one group at one resort and another resort at a second. If you jam the whole tribe into one two bedroom “condo” suite, you will have no alone time.[/QUOTE]

No just my family would need a two bedroom because me and my brother can’t share a bed and SSR’s one bedroom doesn’t have a chair that goes into a bed like AKV does. From the looks if it we are going to stay in AKV, thanks everyone.