Help me get excited about

Disney Dtudios. :ph34r:

It’ me, DH, DD5 and DS3.5 and I’m just not very excited about this park, I can’t quite grasp what the atmosphere is like here so it’s hard to imagine.

We are planning on the evening EMH, is this a good idea, or bad idea? If we don’t do the EMH, we will only have 6 or 7 hours in the park (I plan to tour DS the first or second entire day we are there, but with the time change we won’t get to the park before 12n). Is that enough time?

What will we love? Things to avoid? Any advise is appreciated! :mickey:

I think there’s something for everybody there! There’s the Rockin’ Roller Coaster - a great coaster for you and your DH (and maybe DD5, is she’s tall and/or brave enough.) Tower of Terror (maybe a little to intense for DD5 - but it’s a great attraction (my favorite in all of WDW.))
For the whole family, there’s Muppet Vision 3-D. I also seem to recall a show called ‘Honey I Shrunk the Audience’ or something like that. Maybe another poster can tell us if that show still exists. Check out the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
I also enjoy the “Who wants to be a Millionare?” game.

Check out The Unofficial Guide’s section on DS. It does a great job of describing everything there. I know there’s more that I just can’t think of at the moment. Plus, I don’t want to ramble on too long.
Have fun at DS!

Thanks tonksky :flowers: I have the Unofficial guide and a few others, but I just can’t seem to pick up the atmosphere. I have been thinking, and it’s the only park I haven’t seen a tv show about, maybe that’s part of why I can so easily imagine the other parks, but not this one.

Welll…I just happened to notice earlier this evening that the Travel Channel is showing a repeat of a 2002 special about WDW. I think they spend some time talking about DS on it. They’re replaying it at 2am tonite.
That made me go looking for other shows. If you have The Science Channel (part of the Discovery package on cable and satelite,) there’s a show on Tuesday morning called “Discovery Magazine” and the info shows them talking about Tower of Terror at DS.

(Yep, I love my TiVO! I can ask it to search for shows about WDW, and it happily finds them for me.:heart:

Hey Daisyd! The atmosphere of this park is great! Its modeled after Hollywood in the 40’s and its very well done! As tonksky said RnR and ToT are GREAT! He was on the money with Muppet Vision and Indiana Jones-- Def. try and catch them! I believe Who Wants to be a Millionaire is no longer in operation and “Honey I Shrunk the Audience” is found in Epcot! Also check out Star Tours (this is a simulator), Sounds Dangerous staring Drew Carey-- its a very different experience and is kinda neat! There is also a show that was new for 50th Anniversary which is called “Lights, Motor, Action.” Its a stunt/car show which is very exciting and entertaining. If at all possible try and stay for Fantasmic which is the night time show! I never get tired of it! its so so good! Get there early for good seats though! If you have questions feel free to PM me or leave them here!

OHHH… I forgot-- Try and go on the Backlot Tour— May not be to exciting for DD, but you and DH will like it! I’m personally not a Great Movie Ride fan, but I know others like it! The difficult thing about this park is that nearly all of the attractions have specific times of showing. Pick up a time schedule as you enter the park and try to have some sort of a plan-- this way you wont miss something you really want to see!

This is a great park, even with the little ones. There are fun things to do, like the umbrella on the NY street scene, stand under it and give it a tug. Your DD and DS will love it. The backlot tour and great movie ride will be great for your kids. And the parade is one of the best IMO.

The Studios is my favorite park!! :wub: (I think. :laugh:) I simply adore the “old Hollywood” feel…it’s so vintage and glamorous, really makes me feel like I’ve stepped into the good ol’ days when Hollywood really was a glamorous place.

Tower of Terror is my favorite attraction in WDW…and Rock n’ Roller Coaster is a SUPER close second. They are both fantastic! But with young kids, you might not be experiencing them right now. :wink:

Definitely take the Backlot Tour, it’s a lot of fun for the whole family!

There’s just too much to tell…I can tell you for sure that it’s a great park with a lot to enjoy. You guys will like it!

Cool! Now I am getting excited! Thanks for the heads up about the Disney on TV tonsky :cool: It will be on here at 11pm, so I can hit the DVR on my way to bed :mickey:

Ali, your enthuasium is great! I didn’t even think about the attractions being timed! I can’t even believe that never crossed my mind, lol. I guess I have been too focused on other WDW things, lol. Hey, we are staying at POFQ, I’ll look for you there :smile:

Nohasark45331, I have read about the umbrealla but forgot about it! My kids will love it. And I’m glad you mentioned the parade. I sometimes put them on the back burner, they are almost an afterthought, but I’ll make time for this one :mickey:

Dizzy, I am almost surprised you love DS so much! I guess that is because I don’t have an idea of the atmosphere it almost seems like it lacks some magic :pinch: I know you are all about the magic, so that is VERY reassuring :happy:

Thanks everyone!

:pinch: Oops! :wacko: Thanks for setting me straight! See, it’s a good thing I’m going in a few weeks - I apparently need to re-learn where everything is! It shows you need to go to WDW more than once every few years. :laugh: I would have been wandering around DS looking for Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Who Wants to be a Millionare!

You are very right about that! :happy: DS is very different from the other parks, but I wouldn’t love it so much if it didn’t have a ton of Magic! It’s especially magical at night, so doing evening EMH is a great idea! I never want to leave when I’m there at night…it feels like the way Hollywood should be…which, if you’ve ever been to Hollywood, it’s totally not. :dry: :laugh:

I really hope you guys love it as much as I do!

The atmosphere reminds me a lot of the Hollywood section of DCA. It’s got a lot of the same feel.

Only unlike with DCA, I can find more than two things to do at DS!

That said… I do feel like it’s a lot more adult-oriented, and I’m only planning a half day there with DS5.

you will have a great time in this park…there us so much to do

This is an absolute great park. They have something for all ages and great charachter meet and greets.

Oh daisy, MGM is my favorite park! It’s all done as the “Golden Days of Hollywood”. Think 50-60’s, with big convertibles, glamour movie stars, Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, old I Love Lucy reruns…

Lots of retro architecture and design, streetmosphere actors walking around…I just can’t get enough of it, really.

If you like movies, you’re gonna love MGM.

Keep in mind, if you have a choice of days to go, you may want to go on the coolest of the week, as there is a lot of blacktop where you walk, and the park can get awful hot walking around.

I heard they were going to shut down the backlot tour! I sure hope not, I always enjoyed the experience. Just one of the things to enjoy about that park. We did a Star Tour marathon two years ago, 16 consecutive rides! They weren’t too busy and we got right on each time. DD loved it cuz Chewbacca was “harassing” her. She couldn’t stop giggling. And don’t forget the great movie ride, tame but fun!

hmmm… I havent heard this, but I will def. look into it for you. I know when I visited in Feb. that it had recently been refurbished. Hopefully that is a good sign!

Maybe it was said because of the refurbishment, or could it have been the disaster canyon part??? I wish I could remember where I heard it now. :confused:

I want you to know that this is the park that we had the most character interaction.

I’m not sure when you’re going. We went during a slow period (Beginning Feb)

We had Mickey Mouse BY OURSELVES.

We saw Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Green Army Men

We saw Kim Possible! :heart:

We saw Donald, and Pluto!

We saw the Power Rangers! The reason the Power Rangers are SOOO COOL is because NOT only are there TONS of them - but, they sort of put on a show right while you’re meeting them.

They drive up in this car blasting LOUD music - and then they get out and jump off of stuff, and do gymnastics.

If a fight breaks out - you’ll totally be safe, because, well…the power rangers are present.

There was also the Playhouse Disney characters…not sure where your son is with those characters - but, they have a Playhouse Disney show (Bear, Jo-Jo, Pooh, and Stanley)

We love RnR, and ToT, but the character interaction is our favorite part of that park.

Oh, that, and the giant coke bottles.

I have a one day MGM TR around here somewhere, complete with pictures that could possibly excite you for MGM. Or bore you to tears. You pick.

:tongue: