Help on Jan 2012: 500+ day dance

Not sure if turning on the counter is exciting or plain depressing! No trip in 2011 is the bad news. I do get to plan a trip in Jan of 2012.

I have been in January a few tiimes so I know the weather is cooler but wondering if anybody has ever gone on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of Jan.

Jan 1, 2012 is a Sunday. I am thinking of flying in on the 1st and going to the parks on 2,3,4. Will there be hold over crowds on January 2nd? Will the crowds be lighter if I wait another day?

Thanks for the help!

Never been that early in January and yes the weather can be cool especially if it is anything like last winter. I would think January 1 would be quite crowded and with it being on a weekend it should be even more crowded. One good thing, maybe the New Year’s Eve revelers will sleep late that day.

We got there on the 3rd a couple of years ago and the crowds were non-existent!

I have been as early as the 5th and was almost alone in the parks. Hoping that if I fly on the first the parks will be slower on the 2nd and all gone on the third.

Thanks for sharing.

We went Jan. 2-5 this year and it was FREEZING. I mean to the bone freezing. We had scarfs on wrapping around our face. I will not go in January again.

[QUOTE=SDuncan;1042381]I have been as early as the 5th and was almost alone in the parks. Hoping that if I fly on the first the parks will be slower on the 2nd and all gone on the third.

Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

The parks were slow in the begining of our trip,then they got busier when we left.

I have been down for the Marathon weekend for the past 4 years. Usually the weather is terrific and crowds light. Last year was by far the coldest. I actually got to sit in the snow, sleet, and rain waiting for the run to begin. The other years it was in the 70’s at 3:00 am in the Epcot Parking lot. I hope to get in after the holiday crowd leaves and before the marathon crowd arrives.

We arrived at WDW last Christmas Day. Until January 1, the crowds were horrendous. On January 2, the MK was deserted. Maybe it was a combination of recovering from New Year’s and the terrible weather. However, from January 2 on the crowds got lighter and lighter. That was the good part. The bad part was that the weather was freezing! Hopefully, you’ll have the light crowds and better weather.

Thanks for the help! I think I will try to fly on 1/1 and try the parks on the 2nd instead of flying on the 2nd and parks on the 3rd. One day closer!

Thanks again