Help on reservations

I need major help. Our family of 9 are going to be there from 9-28-06 to 10-08-06 taking advantage of the free dining plan. Now we just found out that my brother and sister in law can’t go. :crying: But my question is, can someone else go in their place?? They have until August 14th to pay for the rest of the trip. They’ve already put a deposit down. Any info. Thanks!!

How is the reservation set up for the 2 that cannot go? If they are just listed on there, not as the first, you should be able to change it. If they have their own reservation, then it is going to be really tough. Let me know a little more about how things are laid out, I can help.

We are in a simliliar situation. My sister has decided to get a divorce and my family and hers were all planning on going in 37 DAYS!! I emailed Scott at mousketrips on Monday (he has been taking care of everything) about everything. I’ll let you know what he says. With us we will have an extra adult and an extra child so we are trying to figure out if we can swap their spots with someone else. The airfare is nonrefundable :frowning: I let you know what he says about us and I’m sure it will be similiar

They have their own reservation.

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. Yes, please keep me informed. I’m so lost. :sad:

Thank you Mickey! They have their own reservation, it was just the two of them. Any info would be great!!!

I promise to let you know

Both are families booked seperately but with them they will be keeping 2 and hopefully transferring 2 of the spots

I am assuming they have a reservation for 2, and you want to replace their names on that reservation with 2 other names. Let me know if that is incorrect.

Since they are on their own reservation, it is going to be very tough to change. I tried, spent about 5 hours on it, and gave up. Disney just does not like changing lead passenger’s names on reservations. I would call and ask, but don’t be surprised if they say no. I think your best bet is going to be call up and change the second name on the reservation. Call back the next day, see if you can change the first name. I give you less than 5% chance of making the change, but it is worth the try. Depending on where you are staying, the current discounts might be just as good as the free dining, so that is an option.

Abbysmom, as long as you don’t need to change the lead passenger, you shouldn’t have an problem changing names.

Now, another question. If they don’t let me change the name, can other family members use the reservation under different names.

No, no way. The only way you will be able to use the reservation is if you can change names. I guess you could just show up, and say your name is what is on the reservation, but you are just asking for problems.

I’m pretty sure the person listed first on the reservation has to be there to check in. If you can’t change the name at least they are more than 45 days out and can cancel and get their deposit back.

Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to be able to get the free dining plan. Oh well, I guess as long as we have our reservation with free dining, we should be greatful for that. Thanks again!!!

P.S. I’ll let you know what happens!

My sister’s husband is the one whose name is on the reservation. If I can’t get a hold of mousektrips how can I try to change the name of the lead person myself?? I guess we could see if we could switch it into my sister’s name and then go from there…

I may be very wrong here but I don’t htink you can make changes if a TA booked your room. If your sister’s name is on the reservation under her DH then she should be able to check in w/o her DH.

Okay! Thank You!! I will just try to be patient and wait for a reply. Thank yall for all of your help!!

Maybe Scott is sick. I hope not but that would explain the delay

O.K. I haved a new plan since they said we can’t change names on the resi. I’ll find out if they can add two adults to our room so that they can qualify for the free dining plan. Then all they have to do is get a room only reservation and stay in their own room, but still use our free dining. Would this be wrong?? What are your thoughts???

disneychick, where are you staying? What you suggested seems like it will work. I might suggest changing their names a bit so the names on the two reservations aren’t identical. If they have names like James and can go by Jim and James, use both.

We’ll be staying at the POP. I just want them to go without paying an arm and a leg and since we all have the dining plan, we’ll be going to nice restaurants every night. When they make the room only reservation, should they put both their names, or should there only be one name on there?? :confused: