HELP! Picking which restaraunt

Is there a book or website that will list each place to eat at and lists which have character meals, and etc. out there anywhere? I don’t know where to start!!! :huh: Thanks a bunch!

try www.allearsnet.com

you will find all the menus, what character is where, etc.

Also all of the tour guides have complete listings of ALL the resturaunts, but AllEars has the best organization of them all and has limited menus.

I highly reccomend (sp?) the Passporter Guide book and the Unofficial Guide book for restaurant decriptions and ratings. Some of my personal favorite character meals are : Restaurantasaurus at the AK with Mickey and gang, Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary resort with Mickey and friends, Crystal Palace at the MK with Pooh and friends, and Cinderella’s Royal Table at the MK if you can score that one. A great family restaurant for the whole family to enjoy is also important. I like : Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge, O’hanna’s at the Polynesian resort and Hoop-De-Doo Review at the Fort Wilderness Camp Ground. Allears.net is great for menu ideas and prices, but definately grab a guide book too. Nothing like passing time by planning your WDW trip…I personally get more out of the books, but that’s just me. Hope some of this helps.

Our favs have been for us the parents was 1900 Park Fare for breakfast(Mary Poppins, Alice and friends, Pooh and friends) followed closely by the Crystal Palace(Pooh’s gang). For the gilrs theirs was Cinderella’s Royal Table(The Princesses) and for the boys Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Ft.Wilderness. As far as dinner show’s yes the Hoop-De-Doo was the best but can be quite pricey for a larger family. One great thing about Cinderella’s is being able to walk down Main St. and have it practically to yourself which gives you a great opportunity for some excellent pictures. Also, after if you are able to get an early PS you are in a great spot to ride the rides at FL before the lines get too long.

I like Birnbaum’s Guide myself. :happy:

birnbaum’s guide is a good book and also www.wdwig.com is a great site. you’ll see the menus and pictures of the restaurants on the website.

Unofficial Guide to WDW 2004/5 is great. i think its about $18. Well worth it…its invaluable to us! Also Allears is a great source of information.

A xxxxx

Dana, this confirms it! We are identical twins separated at birth! On the very same day you wrote this, I was writing a comment card on our cruise and asking my DH "how do you spell reccomend? recommend? This is just getting way too creepy :eek: On subject - I also agree that a good guide book is a must. I just received the Passporter and am enjoying it very much. I think the Unofficial will always be my favourite, but I enjoy Birnbaum’s for the colour pictures and shorter reviews. Allears is great, but a good guidebook is a invaluable investment. And you can read it in bed - which you can’t with a website - unless you have a laptop…

I have the Birnbaum’s book and it is really good. I like Garden Grill myself for a character meal.

I used both the Unofficial Guide to WDW for descriptions of restaurants, what types of food they serve and characters. The Passporter also came in very handy too. It lists on one page all the character meals. That is where if found Donald’s Breakfastosaurus.