Help please with dining plan

does anyone know when the free dining plan will be for 2008? I really would like to take advange of this, if at all possible. We had thought about a July vacation but after reading everyones TR about the dining plan I would really like to try it however the only way that i could do it is if it were free. And if anyone could explain how it works that would be great also, I thought I had read that you have to use your Disney Visa to book your trip??? Any help is gratly appreciated.:blush:

I don’t think it is available for general public (yet). we were offered the deal while there last week (but didn’t do it) - as a “bounceback” offer. it was for september, and maybe a little bit in august. i didn’t pay too much attention to it since I knew we weren’t doing it.

i did however save the flyer we got about it. i’ll find it sometime this week (it’s buried in a suitcase) and let you know the details.

if it’s offered to everyone again for next year, i’d look for it in spring (it was april 1st for 2007).

I got the same flyer in our room as Sarah… they shortened the dates a little…something like August 30 - September 28th… or close to that. They wanted a $200 deposit at time of booking but we didn’t do it either. We are booked for next September 12th - 20th (smack dab in the middle of the possible Free Dining promotion).

No word as of yet on the general public being offered, but seeing how many people were taking advantage of it 2 weeks ago when we were there, i’d be shocked to not see it offered again next year. :eek:

8/30 - the month of september maybe. They are the dates that were being offered for people who were there this year for free dining. You had the opportunity to book the free dining package before your check out and for those specific times, so that tells me that is when they are going to offer it next year if it’s offered at all.

Wait a minute. You were just there. You qualified but you didn’t want to put down a deposit, yet you are booked for next September, which means, you had to put down a deposit. When did you book? I’m really confused.

We’re probably not going to hold out for free dining. Between the temps still being in the low 90s and September being love bug season, along with our anniversary being in October, we’ll forgo free dining for cooler temps and bug free skies.

We’ll probably forgo the free dining next year too. I’d love to get all that free food, however, we’re planning a trip for late October/early November next fall to celebrate our youngest DD’s 5th birthday.

I sure hope that is when it will be, we are booked for Sept. 14-20. If we get free dining, I will extend our dates to Sept. 13-21.

Uk TA are/were offering free dining for next year from August 10th (I think) until the end of september!
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/promotions/disney_dining_plan/diningplan.aspx

Wait a minute. You were just there. You qualified but you didn’t want to put down a deposit, yet you are booked for next September, which means, you had to put down a deposit. When did you book? I’m really confused.

Hey Doug, at the time, our paychecks hadn’t direct deposited to our accounts so i didn’t want to blow out the checking account with a $200 deposit down there. When we got home, the money was safely there so we drove to our TA and booked next September 12-20. We new in florida we wanted to do it, but the timing of our work paychecks would have been sketchy at best.

Plus i had to pay the mortgage when i got back. :mellow: