Help with december egagement

hey guys, im plaining on asking my gf to marry me in disney world in december. i was hope u guys had some ideas to help me plain it out, i was thinking about doing it at the magic kingdom during the holiday wishes in front of the castle, im open to all ideas to make it easyer to plain i dont know if i need to call disney see if they can help set something up to make it magical. thanks

My girlfriend and I were having the best trip ever. This was 1997. After a great day at the parks with the girl of my dreams, we went for some appetizers and drinks at the California grill. We went outside to watch the fireworks, and I knew that this was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. With nothing planned or a ring in my pocket. I turned to my girl, with the fireworks blazing and “Remember the Magic” playing, I said her name, paused… (in my mind I am saying just ask her, it’s the right thing to do, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me, just do it.)… Long pause. I said " Jess,… Let’s get another drink. I totally chickened out. Everything was perfect, and would have been totally frickin romantic, but NO, I had to do the guy thing and chicken out.
Two months later, ring in hand, I popped the question. Not at disney, but the deed was done and done in a unique way. That’s a different story. I’ve been twiterpated ever since.:laugh:

In short, I would suggest the top of the Contemporary at the Grill while watching the Fireworks. But that’s just me.

Welcome to Mousebuzz. You’ll find it a pretty nice place, with lots of info and not as much drama as some of the other places.

That’s a great idea. It’s a crazy time with lots of people crammed into viewing area.

There are usually a lot of Mouse Buzzers there at that time of year. If you post when you are planning on doing making all of your wishes come true, may be some other more specific suggestions.

On the beach at the GF or Poly is good idea as are dinner at California Grill (fireworks from the balcony w/sound piped in) and a whole lot less people around. Plus you’d be more likely to get some CM assistance. You could even have a “will you” cake brought out for dessert.

We (my husband, our daughter, her boyfriend, and I) were having dinner at Cinderella’s Castle in 2006. There was a young couple seated at the table next to us. As we were eating dessert, a waiter brought a glass slipper on a pillow to that table…in the slipper was an engagement ring. The girl’s reaction was priceless…her boyfriend definitely earned points for presentation. My daughter, however, thought they were bringing it to HER…boy, was she disappointed!! Her boyfriend (now her husband) knew there might be a big-time cold-shoulder in his magic vacation. When we went to DTD, he bought her a glass slipper etched with their names. Way to save the day. The engagement wasn’t long in coming. They will be joining us for another trip to the World in January…with their new daughter, Avery.

Awww!! I love this thread! My dh doesn’t have a romantic bone in his body lol!

I would definitely do it during wishes! It’s so magical! Right in front of the castle. Plus there’ll be tons of people so she’s less likely to say no lol!

Good luck and you better tell us ALL about it!!!

Disney Proposal Ideas

Is there a budget available for a possible Disney “moment?” Or is it something you want to do rogue, or for no additional cost?

Just wanted to say congrats on your upcoming engagement! As someone who got married at Disneyworld, I believe it to be an incredibly romantic place :slight_smile:

And welcome to Mousebuzz! This place rocks!

I cast my vote for the beach at the Poly. Less people around and then you can go for a romantic stroll around the resort. Good luck!

hey guys thanks for all the ideas its great and WishUponAStar there isnt a budget at all keep the ideas flowing thanks

How about you spend the day acting like a jerk. WAIT … Wait.

Then … when she is about to whack you, You apologize and tell her if she can put up with you that day, you would like to make it up to her for the rest of her life.

BAM!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;999039]How about you spend the day acting like a jerk. WAIT … Wait.

Then … when she is about to whack you, You apologize and tell her if she can put up with you that day, you would like to make it up to her for the rest of her life.

BAM![/QUOTE]

Boss… you kill me!!! :laugh:

disneyrocks19, welcome to MouseBuzz!

Boss’ idea is pretty good, but it risks a major backfire, unless your girl really appreciates sarcasm. So, if you’re not that big a risk-taker…

The one idea I have is stay at the Grand Floridian and get concierge service. This makes for a nice stay where there’s just less to worry about. When you make your ressie, be sure to tell them that you’re planning a celebration (engagement).

For the rest of the plan, you may need to play it by ear (excuse the pun).

With concierge service, the concierge will call you shortly after you make your reservations to help with planning. Ask the concierge about performance times of the Dapper Dans (barbershop quartet) at the Magic Kingdom and ask if there’s anyway possible that they’d be able to sing to you and your girl. You could make it seem casual where the two of you just happen to be in the right place at the right time to listen to them sing. They’re actually quite funny and creative.

That’s my idea… maybe a little contrived, but it could work.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;999039]How about you spend the day acting like a jerk. WAIT … Wait.

BAM![/QUOTE]

What your poor wife must put up with… Welcome disneyrocks! Good luck!

BAM![/QUOTE]

charming :blink:

In January 2007 my husband proposed to me at Disney. It was PERFECT! He had called ahead of time and set it up so that the whole rose garden was roped off for us for Wishes. There were photopass people there to take our pictures and everything. He did a good job of hiding it by telling me all day that his office has a special place to watch Wishes from when their workers go to Disney and we should have it all to ourselves. So sneaky :ph34r:. I can’t believe I fell for it. Anyway, the photopass people did a good job at pretending to be busy with other people, too, so I had no idea. We got a whole CD of pics afterwards and they were secretly snapping my picture the whole time! So, we get there and it was perfect timing. He told me afterwards that someone coached him through this on the phone more than once so he could make sure he got it perfect. He proposed just after the first fireworks went off, so that when I said yes Tinkerbell was flying right over our heads. It was amazing! :wub: My husband is not a romantic person, so that is probably the only romantic thing I will ever get, but it should get me through the next 50 years! :happy: Disneyrocks, I recommend contacting Disney and seeing if they can set you up with anything. Good luck!

hey thanks princesslindsey do u know who ur husband called to set all that up i dont know who i would need to call to set anything up thanks

I will ask him after work and get back to you.

disneyrocks, just call the reservation line: (407) WDW-MAGIC (939-6244)

Tell them what you’re planning and they’ll connect you to the right person (or at least tell you where to call)

hey thanks ill give them a call and thanks for asking mean alot all uguys helping me thanks

Wishes is great…another thing to consider is renting one of the pontoon (?spelling) boats and being on the lake. Still able to see the beautiful fireworks above but not crowded with people. Last time we checked into the rentals it was around $250 but may be different now.

Congratulations and I’m sure whatever you decide Disney will be the perfect backdrop and starting point for a happy life together!