Help with Grand Floridian Concierge

:confused: Our vacation has been reserved since January, and paid for no less, at the Grand Floridian Concierge. I have heard nothing from them. I emailed Disney travel and they gave me a phone number to call. When I called it I was transferred to a voice mail for Itinerary Planning and no one called me back. I am beginning to panic as our trip is now1 week away! I kept thinking surely someone will contact me. I can make my own dining reservations, but I need reservations for the Adventures in Cooking for my son, and no one seems to know what it is! The Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge contacted us several times, immediately, before our concierge visit there last year. Has something changed? Is there an email address for the Grand Floridian Concierge? We saved long and hard for this trip and I am already surprisingly disappointed.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Thank you!
Mary

Welcome to DisneyCentral! Congratulations on your stay at GF, it’s a beautiful resort. I am really surprised no one contacted you. I don’t have any real advice that will help you but I would call the GF again until I talked to a live person.

First of all welcome to DC. I’m sorry, I’ve had no experience with GF Concierge, but that sounds rather odd. I would immediately get on the phone and call the GF directly and insist that I speak to someone in concierge. Be insistent. Just one week away is cutting it very short to arrange ADRs, etc.

Welcome to DC. I would surf some sites for a different phone number. You right to expect to be treated better - sep. at this stage of the game.

Welcome to DC!! With what you are paying for concierge service,you deserve better at this point. When you check in,I would mention(politely,of course),the less than stellar service and maybe they’ll take something of the bill.

As I think about it, other than the first time we stayed on the Grand Plan, I don’t think any concierge has ever contacted me before I’ve already made my plans and this list includes Yacht, Beach, Poly, Contemporary.

I’m sorry to hear that you have a bad experience with GF Concierge. My family and I stayed at DAK concierge before and their service was great. I’ve never stay at GF concierge before, but I would only think that their service should be even better than other resorts…

Anyway, as for Adventures in Cooking, if you want to make the reservation yourself and get the issue out of the way, you can just call 407-WDW-DINE. I checked with them and they seem to have good knowlegde about the program. Good luck!

Welcome to DC!!!

If I were you, since you haven’t made ANY ADR’s - and that’s what you’ve paid for someone to do that for you - I’d call every single day until someone helps you.

You’ve waited a long time, and your trip is very close!

I hope this glitch turns out to be nothing, and that your vacation is nothing short of incredible!

I stayed in the GF Concierge in December 2005 and had an excellent time, although they did manage to mess up our park tickets so we ended up having to pay and extra $50 each!
I wouldn’t know whether you should have heard from them by now. though because we had a free upgrade because it was my mothers birthday so we were not expecting to stay there anyway!
However next week I am going to be staying at the WL Concierge and I have had emails from them noting our stay. :confused:

I hope you have a brilliant time at the GF!! I loved the place.
Any tips on the WL conceirge for me???
Thanks

We have gotten “lame” planning brouchures for the resort we’re staying at with a couple of “suggestions” as to what all you can do at WDW. The problem with a lot of us here is that we plan out our vacations and do all the reservations so many months out (not me but) that I’ll bet you haven’t noticed you weren’t contacted. When I did the vow renewal last year, there was a very long time between communications, even into late September for a October 22 event. I guess what I’m saying is, if you need their help with something, you’d better call and not wait for them to call first.

i would call and ask to speak to the manager. :frown:

Thanks to all of you for your kindness. I have made some of my PS and will try GF again tomorrow. The person I got at the dining number knew nothing about the cooking class, only a tea party. That would go over well with our son! I will not let this ruin our trip and I should have been more insistant. That is not my gift, however, so I have to work on that. I am just a little disappointed after working so hard to stay there.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Thanks to all of you for your kindness. I have made some of my PS and will try GF again tomorrow. The person I got at the dining number knew nothing about the cooking class, only a tea party. That would go over well with our son! I will not let this ruin our trip and I should have been more insistant. That is not my gift, however, so I have to work on that. I am just a little disappointed after working so hard to stay there.

Thanks again for all of the help! :happy:

Mary -
WElcome to Disney Central. Keep calling…keep being insistant and when you get there, be sure to tell the resort’s manager about this. For as much as the GF conciers costs, you deserve much better treatment…a phone call back is a simple courtesy. As for the pirates adventure, trying call 407-WDW-PLAY. Hope you get it for your son. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Hi All!

I finally got to someone at the Grand Floridian but I am told the Adventures in Cooking books out 6 months in advance. They were nice but although I asked for the Manager’s name, I never got it! It was frustrating but I asked our son if he wanted me to push the issue and he is fine with not going to it, so I will let it be. I made my own PS and I just want to enjoy our trip. If my husband knew of what was happening, he would get to the bottom of it, but this should be a happy time, so live and let live I guess. Thanks again!

You have a very good attitude about it Mary! But, honestly, for the prices you are paying, I would certainly find a manager when I checked in and discuss this with him. You shouldn’t have to go hunting down this sort of thing yourself, when you’re paying Disney prices. Hope you trip is wonderful!