Help!

I was kinda thinking about skipping a year to go to WDW for next year :eek:

Then a co-worker came up to me today and says…

" Oh just to let you know, we will be renting out our points for 2009, I will be posting the information!!!"
:ohmy: :ph34r: :blush: :pinch: :biggrin:

SHE IS A DVC MEMBER AT THE BEACH CLUB!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You all know Ive been DYING to stay there!!! lol

What to do, what to do!!! :confused::blush: :laugh:

Things are tight here “right now” that’s why I was thinking on cooling it next year on vacations (I get 2wks at work).

I was really planning on bucking down and doing alot of bill paying down with my tax #, etc…

I really want to do Disney Cruise Line if anything but I can’t see how I can actually resist, a skip a year of going to WDW!!! :pinch:

YiYiYi!!! What to do, what to do… lol

I’m in the same position but I am a dvc owner and after I thought about it I couldn’t let mt pts go to waste so I’m heading to DL so I say go for it

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;911829]I’m in the same position but I am a dvc owner and after I thought about it I couldn’t let mt pts go to waste so I’m heading to DL so I say go for it[/QUOTE]

but you can still bank them, right?

I mean if worse comes to worse! lol

My co-worker, I dont think she went this year, she’s had a baby in hospital @ Children’s Hospital in Philly for most part of this year!! :frown: But she brings him home on Friday! :happy: He was a preemie with alot of complications, he only was 1lb when he was born and had so many surgeries and things go wrong it’s unreal! This was her 3rd or 4th baby too! SHe has all young ones at home and had to deal with travelling to philly every day, and then her hubby lost his job! :frown: Been a rough year for them!
He is still on feeding tube and needs certain machines but he’s doing really well!!! :happy: Iam so happy for them!!! :happy:

We talked about her DVC and I told her if she ever wanted to rent her points out to let me know!!! :angel:

Decisions, Decisions! You just have to weigh the pros and cons of a Disney Trip for 2009! If you can afford it, GO FOR IT! And since Beach Club has been a dream of yours, this is a great way to make it a reality. :happy:

I have to agree with iluvwdw weight the pros and cons.

Seems to me like you have already justified skipping a year. While fun is fun, bills mounting up are trouble.

I follow the “things happen for a reason” philosophy… which to me in this case means that there’s some reason that she asked you about the points! So I say the only way to appease the fates is to GO!!! :happy:

(I’m not sure I understand that philosophy 100%… but it always seems to work out in my favor… :laugh:)

Seriously though… if you pass, would you get a chance to stay at the Beach Club again? I mean would she be offering her points in the future? If she is, maybe you can explain your situation to her (I’m sure she’d understand, considering her own recent situation) and make a deal to wait a year? (I really don’t know how the points work, so if this is an impossible suggestion, I apologize! :pinch:)

Good luck with whatever you decide. Things will be just fine either way. :heart:

My father was a “Gonna do boy”. i.e. He was “gonna” go to Australia w/my mom to visit her family after he retired. And he was gonna do this and gonna do that.

And then life happened.

Against sound financial advice - I do things today, when I can.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;912057]My father was a “Gonna do boy”. i.e. He was “gonna” go to Australia w/my mom to visit her family after he retired. And he was gonna do this and gonna do that.

And then life happened.

Against sound financial advice - [B][I]I do things today, when I can[/I][/B].
[/QUOTE]

Like get a new secret…

all jokes aside, I know how much you want to stay at the beach club, I do to, but there is no way that we can afford it. I really wanted to stay WL, but it just made more sense to save a little more than a grand and stay at CS.

If I had the extra cash I would stay at the Poly, but I will never see that, DH won’t stay at a value, just not enough room for us, so a moderate it is and he like CS, that’s okay with me…

So you gotta weigh your pro and cons… if I didn’t have two jobs, we wouldn’t be going to WDW next September

There are many, many people who are hurting financially now: losing jobs, losing their homes, losing their savings. Disney is already seeing a decrease in numbers.

I consider going to Disney a luxury. It would be the first thing to go if we were worried about our money. Spending time together as a family can come with a much cheaper price-tag than a trip to WDW if need be.

You have to do what’s best for your own family.

Ooooo. Tough call. Have you taken earlier advice and sat down to REALLY look at this trip logistically? Is it in your budget or out? Would you be able to justify it by skipping NEXT year? Can you cut corners on this trip and limit your time to “home” cooked meals and no gift shops?

Hmmmm.

I really have to see how things go.
I made it a point not to commit myself to anything by booking something.
And if sometime during the next 6 months or so I can do it, I can always book ‘something’ at that point!

That proposal was just a tease! :glare: :laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;912057]My father was a “Gonna do boy”. i.e. He was “gonna” go to Australia w/my mom to visit her family after he retired. And he was gonna do this and gonna do that.

And then life happened.

Against sound financial advice - [B] I do things today, when I can.[/B][/QUOTE]

I like your way of thinking!!! :happy: :laugh:

I have always went ahead and booked trips every year because I didnt know where I would be next year and if I was in a position to take a vacation! :happy:

Wow! That is a tough call . . . beach club!! How much does she rent her points for and how many would you need?

You can cut corners at WDW . . . I do it all the time. $1 spot at Target saves the day! :laugh:

As you have said, they have had a really bad year. So, look at this as a good thing you are doing for them, taking away another financial stress that they don’t really need right now. Consider it as a donation of some sort, and enjoy Disney. Its a win, win situation.