Hey who thought of this?

Can someone explain to me why the 1-br villas (and plenty of other similar hotels off property too!!!) have that wide-open wall between the bedroom and the bathroom? Does anyone really want to lay in bed and watch people in the tub or at the sink – or anything else?

Or maybe it’s the other way around, where some people need to brush their teeth at the sink while watching their loved one asleep in the bed? Crazy!

I am totally mystified by why this is considered a good design element. Just saying…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;964191]Can someone explain to me why the 1-br villas (and plenty of other similar hotels off property too!!!) have that wide-open wall between the bedroom and the bathroom? Does anyone really want to lay in bed and watch people in the tub or at the sink – or anything else?

Or maybe it’s the other way around, where some people need to brush their teeth at the sink while watching their loved one asleep in the bed? Crazy!

I am totally mystified by why this is considered a good design element. Just saying…[/QUOTE]

haha, It’s totally a design that was made for Daniel and I. He can soak in a tub for hours but likes to watch TV & talk to me while I’m on the computer or something. When we used to stay at the Lowe’s Santa Monica they had a TV & in-room phone in the bathroom but it was seperated by a big marble wall. He used to scream at me from the bathroom or pick up the in-room phone 'cause he’d get annoyed that he couldn’t talk to me or see the big TV. :laugh:

Too bad we RARELY, almost never, stay in a DVC 1-bedroom ‘cause he’d be in heaven with that big tub while still being able to see ‘the world goin’ round.’ :laugh:

PS: In the Bay Lake Tower villas they are going to have a retractable wall/window thing so you can choose to close it off, or not.

I saw those pics, which is why I was thinking about it.

I can see the Daniel scene in a movie… hollering into the house phone because he’s isolated in the tub room. LOL

I know there are shutters that can close off the tub area, but no door into the bedroom from that area. The main part of the bathroom (shower, toilet, sink) can be closed off from the tub room and the main living space. We always kept the door between the tub room (?) and the main bath closed when we stayed there with our adult daughter. That tub was just for me, me, me!! The fact that the closet opens from the tub room is what doesn’t make sense to me…but I’d sleep in the dresser drawer with my clothes just to be at WDW!

This is so funny! I won"t even offer an explanation, who knows why?

Ya know what bothers me about the DVC’s? I hate the fact that the balcony is cut in two! If you stay at BCV for instance, in a one bedroom, I can’t stand that you have to either be on the balcony that is outside the living room or outside the bedroom, why isn’t it joined? I love OLD Key Wests two bedroom balcony’s, but why did they design the others like they did?

How about a hot tub on the balcony for the MK view units at BLT?

Could make for some interesting viewing on the monorail rides! :eek: