Hey

I would really love to do the College Program! I’m going to be a senior this year in High School and I need to learn more about it! Is this program fun and worth it? I looked at the website but I want people opinions! Help me out :happy:

Hi! Welcome to MB!

I cannot really give you any up to date info on the college program since my CP was SOOOO long ago - I was there in Spring of 2000. But, I can say that the CP was one of the best things I have done for myself. It was truly one of the best 4 month periods of my life. I know there are some others around here with more recent CP experience who can provide more details on what the CP is like now, but I just wanted to encourage you to go for it!

I would definitely say do it! I didn’t do it, but my sister just got home from doing it a couple of months ago and loved it. She has always wanted to work for Disney and thought this would be a good way get a feel for it. She can positively say now that’s it worth it! She even stayed on as a seasonal worker, so she can go back during her school breaks and work. :laugh: if you have any specific questions, let me know and I’d be happy to answer them.

thanks you so much for your replies!
i’ve wanted to work at disney for such a longgg time myself and I think it would be the best time for me too! but I kinda wanna work there for a longer period of time too! Some questions I have about it!

1] I know they have housing up there but is it super expensive? I know that the money comes out of your earning.
2] what does the program do? do you actually go to school there? or do they help you pay for your school?

thanks so much! :smiley:

As for boarding fees, it comes straight out of your earnings. It is cheaper than if you were trying to rent a regular aparment. They pretty much make sure you can afford it on the measly salary they pay. Your pay depends on what position you are assigned, but none of them are high paying. But, you’re working full time with the possibility for overtime, so the housing is definitely affordable. And they’re nice, clean places to live.

While you’re working there, you can sign up for a class if you want, but you’re not actually going to school. You go down there to work. And you should check into your college requirements, too. Some schools require you to take an online class while doing an internship like this just to stay enrolled. Not all schools count this internship towards school credit, either. Disney does not help you pay for school, you’ll still have to pay all your fees. Hope that helps!