Hidden Mickeys

I keep seeing mentions of the “Hidden Mickeys”. Are these simply the Mickey silhouettes on anything and everything in the parks and resorts or is there more to it?

Hidden Mickeys are everywhere in the parks and resorts. They can be part of the structure (like on the Tree of Life at AK) or done in such a “casual” way you would no normally notice - like how the barrels are stacked at POTC.

Some are very obvious but some you have to really look for.

I bought the Hidden Mickey’s :mickey: book by Steve Barrett and have enjoyed looking for them while at WDW with my children. It’s amazing how obscure some of them can be as well as how “in your face” and you’ve just never noticed them.

We LOVE to look for hidden Mickeys . . . it’s our FAVORITE thing to do, even when we aren’t at the parks! :laugh::laugh:

Here’s a couple from AK:

This mural has OVER 150 to find!

On the sheep’s butt! :laugh:

This is a hard one . . . the are along the little square bricks . . . can you see them?

lol, I love the sheep :slight_smile:

Where is that mural? I don’t think I have ever seen it.

Conservation Station in AK. You have to take the train ride out, and after you walk the natural trail, it’s inside the main building before you see all the different areas about the animal hospital and feeding schedules etc.

It’s really cool and there are LOTS of hidden mickeys to be found!

I love the sheep . We do this every time we go and always find new ones. Almost there just a couple more days

My DD loves looking for & finding Hidden Mickeys. I also bought the book and we are going to actually spend time looking for them this trip. She is very excited.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;877740]Conservation Station in AK. You have to take the train ride out, and after you walk the natural trail, it’s inside the main building before you see all the different areas about the animal hospital and feeding schedules etc.

It’s really cool and there are LOTS of hidden mickeys to be found![/QUOTE]

Thank you, we hardly ever go out there anymore. I’ll have to make it a priority this trip. We love looking for HM’s. I have taken pictures of many over our trips. I have never seen that sheep, I am going to have to look for it.

Thanks again.

oh, i need to find my book - its neat to read through on the drive down - and then try to find them and give hints to the kids to find them. my girls see hidden mickeys everywhere now -its so fun to find them when we are not at disney!

here’s a link to a cool website. I think it is by the same guy that wrote the book.

Hidden Mickeys Guide : A Field Guide to Walt Disney Worlds Best Kept Secrets

[QUOTE=timkelmom;877874]Thank you, we hardly ever go out there anymore. I’ll have to make it a priority this trip. We love looking for HM’s. I have taken pictures of many over our trips. I have never seen that sheep, I am going to have to look for it.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

It’s really nice out there . . . the girls and I like it! A lot of people skip it! If you go early in the morning, you can see an actual Vet taking care of one of the animals. There are lots of bugs, frogs, snakes etc in cages the kids love and then of course the petting/brushing area with the goats and sheep!

Most times there is even a snake demo, where the kids can hold and pet the snakes! :laugh: Not for me, but my DD8 LOVES all things nature!!

My DD and I also looking for the Hidden Mickeys!

I have never really looked for the hidden mickeys before… It will give me and my friend something fun to do while we are there in November. :mickey:

One year, we did the Hidden Mickeys hunt, and it practically made me go insane. Now I pretend they don’t exist, or else I stare at every little detail of every little thing… LOL!

This sounds like fun. We’ve never looked for them before. I’m sure my two DDs will enjoy it.

We did it too on one of our trips. I thought I was going to lose my mind.:mickey:

We don’t always actively hunt for them, we just sort of find them.

I have a problem with Barretts book in so much as it IS DisneyWorld. There are going to be Mickey shapes and images integrated in the architecture and decor. He points out Mickey everywhere as hidden. IMO, a hidden Mikckey is just that. A randomly placed “image” blended into the environment. The railing along side of an attraction with Mickeys head fabricated into the design is not hidden. Again. Just my .02

:mickey: <- hidden Mickey.