Hilton Head Island Info

We are looking for input from anyone that has been to Disney’s Hilton Head Island resort. Also is it difficult to reserve a spot there with your points? Thinking of going June 2010.

Welcome to MouseBuzz. I can’t give you any information about the resort because I haven’t been there yet but Cinderbella and BDavis can help you.

I booked a 2 bedroom at 7 months for the first week in June with no problem. I was worried about getting what we wanted but it was easily available this year.

We went over spring break 2007. It’s a great resort and we had SO much fun!

Check out my trip report from that trip to read about some of the things to do in the area: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/35450-spring-break-disneys-hilton-head-island-resort.html

Hilton Head is a great place. I’m not familiar with the process of booking with DVC but whenever you do book let me know and I can recommend some great things to do, see and eat.

HHI is typically difficult for non-owners to book starting the second week of June through the end of August (i.e., Summer). However, things have been a bit atypical this year due to the economy.

We visited DVC’s HHI resort in March 2007 (along with Trailblazer, BDavis, My Inlaws & Friends who rented points from a fellow MB’er) and had a wonderful stay!! I’d go back in a heartbeat! There’s so much to see and do on the island and so close to Savannah GA and not a bad drive to Charleston SC. The resort is awesome, lots to do for the kids. You’ll have a great time!

Hilton Head is just across the river from me. Lots to do, great beach, and the HHI DVC is central to everything.
Take time to visit Beaufort. We have lived here for 19 years and the thought of leaving Beaufort Cnty, SC was never discussed when I retired in 03.