Holding My Breath

:blow: Am I the only one that feels like I need to hold my breath now that we are only 10 days from WDW? I’m so afraid that something is going to happen. This last week was crazy. DH had to have an “emergency” root canal ($300 out of pocket…UGH) and DH, DD1 and I all have conjunctivitis (pink eye…yikes).

I just feel like we have planned and PLANNED for this trip and now that it’s so close…I just want to hold my breath and pray nothing happens…

[QUOTE=UGAmomof3;1075943]:blow: Am I the only one that feels like I need to hold my breath now that we are only 10 days from WDW? I’m so afraid that something is going to happen. This last week was crazy. DH had to have an “emergency” root canal ($300 out of pocket…UGH) and DH, DD1 and I all have conjunctivitis (pink eye…yikes).

I just feel like we have planned and PLANNED for this trip and now that it’s so close…I just want to hold my breath and pray nothing happens…[/QUOTE]

Oh I know that feeling! I do it too- but you’ll be fine I’m sure, ten days is not long to wait and it sounds like you’ve had your bad stuff now- hope the conjunctivitis clears soon, and that hubby’s root canal heals quickly- get planning things to pack and do to take your mind off the negatives that wont happen:wub:

Things like this always happen to us 1-2 weeks before we leave and I have come to look on the bright side, at least it didn’t happen on vacation and you’ll be over it by time you go. Just take a deep breath you will be fine, you will have a great vacation.

I am with you, we leave on the 22nd. On Friday, my son came home from school with a supposed broken arm. Someone had fallen on it while playing basketball at recess. The first thing my wife says to him is, “great, now we can’t go to the waterparks at Disney. He almost started to cry.” Luckily, a quick x-ray and a co-pay later he only has a bruised bone. A little bit of bruising and swelling but he should be fine in a week.

Wow, you are reading my mind today!

I noticed a pain in my tooth yesterday and called the dentist afraid I was in the same boat with just over 30 days left. They fit me in this morning and it was just some gum recession. I was scared I was going to have to blow all my savings for another root canal.

Wow, thankfully it isn’t just me.

Good luck! I hope everythind works out smooth as glass for you! Bring back some good Disney love to Georgia!

Thanks dixie!! I don’t mean to whine :blush:. Thanks. for reading!!!

I keep telling myself the same thing. :crying:

Hey you’re not whining hun- you’re just expressing what we all feel. So much planning and money and time goes into these trips we just want the to continue to go smoothly right to the end- and it will, I’m sure.

Glad that your son is okay!!! I work at an Urgent Care and trust me…the day before we leave my kids are getting a quick check up…lol. Hope you and your family have a great trip!!! We will be there the same week.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1075954]Wow, you are reading my mind today!

I noticed a pain in my tooth yesterday and called the dentist afraid I was in the same boat with just over 30 days left. They fit me in this morning and it was just some gum recession. I was scared I was going to have to blow all my savings for another root canal.

Wow, thankfully it isn’t just me.

Good luck! I hope everythind works out smooth as glass for you! Bring back some good Disney love to Georgia![/QUOTE]

I MADE my DH go because he has been putting off this root canal for a couple of years and just taking antibotics when it flared up. I have two little girls and just knew that it would be hard to lug around the stroller, bags and babes by myself at WDW. I figured that spending the money now was the better alternative to having him feel bad on vacay and not able to help. KWIM??

I’m in NE GA so I will def. be sending out lots of Disney love to GA!!! :laugh:

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I have personalized Disney outfits for my girls (my son is lucky he is older and can’t be coerced…lol), I’ve bought all the stroller fans and ponchos for “what ifs”. Every single time I have been to Disney it has been perfect!!! That is why I love it so much. I want my kids to always walk away from Disney saying, “I can’t wait to come back”. DH and I say it EVERY TIME!!! So I plan and spend tons of $$$ before we even leave just praying that my kiddos (and myself) have the best experience possible.

Thanks for just “getting it”. lol That’s why I am so grateful I found this board.

Edited: Maybe not perfect, but perfect too us!!! Sometimes that includes baby melt downs and rain showers, but somehow it just seems so little compared to the magic around us.

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes it seems like the kids get more of their “creative ideas” right before we leave for Walt Disney World. After days of watching my son get more and more adventurous last summer, I finally yelled out the door at my son one day, “I’M STILL RIDING, EVEN IF YOU ARE SITTING ON A BENCH WITH YOUR BROKEN BONE!!”, because he was doing the most impulsive things. But, alas, nothing happened and we had a wonderful trip. I am sure it will be the same for you! Sending prayers and pixie dust your way!

Funny you post this. Last week I was felling this. Everything was crazy. Even though now things have gotten better, I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed. Some days i am ok and some days I feel,blah! It is a few days away and I should be jumping for joy, but I am not. I am excited,but not like I would like to be. I guess with all the packing,laundry,shopping and craziness, I have not had time to sit and think on what is comming… I will be better this week when things settle down. I know your feellings though.

I will def. take the prayers and pixie dust!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for your reply. Glad I’m not the only one…lol. Praying you have a great trip!!!

I feel like that sporatically as my trip gets closer. Something unexpected always pops up…this time I lost my job. Just try to relax. WDW time will be here before you know it.

[QUOTE=UGAmomof3;1075943]:blow: Am I the only one that feels like I need to hold my breath now that we are only 10 days from WDW? I’m so afraid that something is going to happen. This last week was crazy. DH had to have an “emergency” root canal ($300 out of pocket…UGH) and DH, DD1 and I all have conjunctivitis (pink eye…yikes).

I just feel like we have planned and PLANNED for this trip and now that it’s so close…I just want to hold my breath and pray nothing happens…[/QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way a week or two before we went on vacation when my DD was young. A week or two before we were getting ready to go away something always happened. But thank goodness by the time our day rolled around to go everything was fine.

Things will all work out, sending pixie dust your way, hope you have a great time at WDW.

I know how you feel we leave in 4 days. My son came down with an ear infection late last week. Thank goodness we caught it early, and he will be finished with the antibiotic the day before we leave. My husband and I have a terrible case of poison sumac. We are both on medication, but my husband’s case is so awful he threatened several times over the past week to postpone our trip. Needless to say I have made many trips to the local drug store, and spend a lot of $$$ to purchase every healing aid for poison ivy/poison sumac on the market. I think I have finally convinced him it is looking better and he will be much better when we leave on Tuesday!

You plan for so long, and you get so excited you just want everything to be perfect.:wub:

I am right there with you on worrying…even though we are 57 days out…my job is deploying many people out to various parts of the US given all the flooding and the tornados and such…not that I wouldn’t do my diligent duty if called upon…but I have put out $10K for this trip and I really want to be part of it. I know my family would have a great time even if I couldn’t go…I’d be heartbroken!!!

[QUOTE=QueenofHearts;1076137]I know how you feel we leave in 4 days. My son came down with an ear infection late last week. Thank goodness we caught it early, and he will be finished with the antibiotic the day before we leave. My husband and I have a terrible case of poison sumac. We are both on medication, but my husband’s case is so awful he threatened several times over the past week to postpone our trip. Needless to say I have made many trips to the local drug store, and spend a lot of $$$ to purchase every healing aid for poison ivy/poison sumac on the market. I think I have finally convinced him it is looking better and he will be much better when we leave on Tuesday!

You plan for so long, and you get so excited you just want everything to be perfect.:wub:[/QUOTE]

I am getting the kids checked over the day before we leave. With two little ones I fear ear infections. If you can, call your primary care physician or if you have a local Urgent Care, and see if you can get your husband a Solu Medrol injection. This can def. speed up the recovery of any poison ivy/sumac.

Hope you have a great trip!!!