Holiday Pricing Continues!

Well I guess that the Thanksgiving Holiday pricing was so good that they have extended it thru Jan 5th, 2008! :mad: I am all for the “triple-time” for the staff that works on the eve or day of the holiday, but come on… I just hope the staff does get the holiday rate.

Let’s see party of 6 x Holiday rates x 18% tip!!! :blow: I am not hungry anymore.

Where are you getting this information? The only “holiday” pricing I’m aware of would be Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.

It’s for the whole holiday season, at buffets.

Here is what I found on allears.net

[SIZE=“2”]Holiday [COLOR=“DarkRed”]Surcharges are in effect from now through November 24 at all buffet dining experiences. In addition, the following restaurants have extended hours for Thanksgiving:
1900 Park Fare through November 24: Breakfast is 8 - 11 a.m.; Dinner 4 - 9 p.m.
Boma through November 24: Dinner 4 - 10 p.m.
Cape May Cafe through November 24: Breakfast is 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.; Dinner 5 - 9:30 p.m.
Chef Mickey’s through November 25: Dinner 4 - 9:20 p.m.
'Ohana through November 25; Breakfast is 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.; Dinner 4 - 10 p.m.
Whispering Canyon Cafe through November 24: Dinner 4:30 - 10 p.m.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

What exactly are you to expect when you travel to WDW at the most busiest time of the year. The cast members work 100times as hard this time of year. I think they deserve the 18% surcharge. You always have the option to live off burgers and counter service for your entire trip. That being said, I found no info on all through the xmas season…only the times I posted, and the major holidays of xmas eve, xmas and new years…I can’t find anything else on the subject.

So, the info Dana has found is in line with what I’ve seen. That is, holiday prices are in effect on holidays only.
There are holiday prices again at the buffets on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve. The holiday prices aren’t even in effect on New Year’s Day because NYD is the start of a value season. However, DDE doesn’t get accepted on holidays, all of Christmas week, or January 1.
There are a couple of special holiday item buffets and meals around WDW that do draw a higher than standard price, but that is as much because of actual menu changes.

Soundgod, those holiday surcharges were not just for Thanksgiving day. They were in effect for the entire week.

I forgot that, I know I’ve read that in the past. What are the dates of the blackout? We’ll be there 12/21-12/26 and again for a week or two in May. If I can use it for part of our December trip I’ll still get it bacause we’ll use it again in May and won’t be going back until the following summer.

DDE does offer other perks, most notably, valet parking if you’re dining or staying in that resort.
If you already have membership, you could elect to let your membership lapse and then order a new membership in April, just before your trip.

From the mailer I got with my card:

Holidays
This card will not be valid Easter, Mother’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, December 24, December 25, December 31 and January 1.

Here is the info from allearsnet.com:

Holiday Dining Surcharges that were in effect for the Thanksgiving Holiday season will also be in effect from December 16 - January 5, 2008. Prices will be higher at the following restaurants: Boma Breakfast and Dinner, Cape May Breakfast and Dinner Buffet, Chef Mickey’s Breakfast and Dinner, Trails End Buffet, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast and Dinner, 'Ohana Breakfast and Dinner, Yacht Club Galley Breakfast Buffet, Tusker House, Garden Grill, Princess Storybook Dining, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood and Vine. For more information and pricing visit:
WDW Restaurant and Dining News

All Ears must have just put that info up because I swear I never saw it before.

Actually, following your link only brings me to this:

Holiday Surcharges are in effect from now through November 15th - 24th at all buffet dining experiences.

The following restaurants have extended hours for the Thanksgiving Holiday:

1900 Park Fare - through November 24; Breakfast is 8:00am - 11:00am; Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm

Boma - through November 24;Dinner 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Cape May Cafe - through November 24; Breakfast is 7:30am - 11:30am; Dinner 5:00pm - 9:30pm

Chef Mickey's - through November 25; Dinner 4:00pm - 9:20pm

Ohana - through November 25; Breakfast is 7:30am - 11:30am; Dinner 4:00pm - 10:00pm

Whispering Canyon Cafe - through November 24; Dinner 4:30pm - 10:00pm

Sorry about the link it was the included in the news. I still can not find how much is the “Surcharge”. They may not be letting that out of the bag.

I know the tip is 18%, but if anyone knows how much the surcharge is it would help us budget our food expense. Thanks much!

We were on the dining plan, so didn’t have to pay anything, but did notice some receipts referred to “Adult-Seasonal” and “KM-Seasonal” rates. Here’s what I can reconstruct from the incomplete receipts I have from our Thanksgiving week trip:

Biergarten supper and Crystal Palace breakfast on Friday the 23rd both mentioned it: $31.99 adult and $14.99 child at Biergarten, $23.99 and $12.99 at CP. Ohanna on Saturday the 17th doesn’t mention it, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t in effect.

I didn’t keep any other itemized receipts, so I don’t know other prices. Boma on Tuesday the 20th lists “seasonal” on my no-charge dining plan receipt.

Those are the only receipts I can find at the moment, other than counter service and snacks, which had no surcharges.

The closest I can come to pricing is this:
Christmas Eve (12/24/07)
(prices are for Adult 10 years and older / Child 3-9)

Buffet with Holiday items:
1900 Park Fare $33.99 / $16.99
Boma Breakfast $20.99 / $11.99
Boma Dinner $30.99 / $14.99

Holiday Meal offering only and NO A la Carte menu items:
Victoria & Albert’s $130.00 / $ N/A
Victoria & Albert’s Chef Table $180.00 / $ N/A

A la Carte menu WITH holiday offerings:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Olivia’s
Turf Club

Dinner Shows:
Spirit of Aloha - Category 1 $59.99 / $30.99
Spirit of Aloha - Category 2 $54.99 / $26.99
Spirit of Aloha - Category 3 $50.99 / $25.99

Christmas Day (12/25/07)

Buffet w/Holiday items:
1900 Park Fare $33.99 / $16.99
Boma Breakfast $20.99 / $11.99
Boma Dinner $30.99 / $14.99
Cape May Cafe $30.99 / $14.99
Chef Mickey’s Brunch $26.99 / $14.99
Chef Mickey’s Dinner $33.99 / $16.99
Trail’s End $22.99 / $12.99
Yacht Club Galley $30.99 / $14.99

Family-Style with Holiday items - All you care to eat:
Liberty Tree Character Dinner $32.99 / $15.99
Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch $25.99 / $11.99
Whispering Canyon $30.99 / $14.99

Holiday Meal offering only and NO A la Carte menu items:
Citricos $62.00 / $20.00
Victoria & Albert’s $130.00 / $ N/A
Victoria & Albert’s Chef Table $180.00 / $ N/A

A la Carte menu WITH holiday offerings:
Artist Point
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee’s
Olivia’s
Turf Club
Fulton’s Crab House

Dinner Shows:
Christmas at the Fort $48.99 / $28.99

The 18% tip is only automatically added to parties of 6 or more or if you’re using your DDE discount. That is, unless they’ve decided to force feed the 18% tip to anyone on the dining plan. But that can’t be right either because the tip is still included on the dining plan until 1/1/08.

Thank You so much! All of this will help us with our budget.

We walked by Tusker House Thanksgiving week due to the surcharge - I knew it was happening, but it is a shock to see it at other times. We ate at Flame Tree, which was much cheaper.

Denise