Holiday Viewing

If you could only visit one park during the Christmas Holiday Season, which one would you visit and why? :mickey:

That is really tough. I wouldn’t think twice about AK, but picking between MK, Epcot, and DHS would be hard. If I HAD to pick, I think it would be Epcot. Epcot has the storytellers all day, the Christmas processional, the dancing fountain…if only the lights of winter :crying: could come back. Then it would be perfect.

Oh boy—this really IS a hard choice—MK, Epcot and DHS are all so pretty at Christmas time…I don’t think I can choose…I guess like Jo-Jo said, Epcot might be the best choice. Its fun to see the special Christmas things in each Country…there are things out that they don’t normally display or sell during the rest of the year…

This is a HARD decision to make. I would probably pick Epcot if it were just me and my hubby, but I’m going with Magic Kingdom so that I can go to the MVMCP!!

I have to go with MK, my favorite park!

MK. The look on the kids faces makes when they see Santa Goofey.
Epcot 2nd with Holidays Around the World.
HS 3rd with Osborne Lights

Did not place - AK.

I would have to say MK as well. We love MVMCP.

It’s actually more than a little tough after you discount AK.
Of course the big thing at DHS is the Osbourne lights and their tree is outside the park (as is AK’s). I don’t think they really have much else and if they do, I’ve never really noticed more than light pole decorations.

So that brings us to Epcot or MK. Unless you do the Christmas party in MK, it’s mostly window and light pole decoration with the tree in the flagpole square. If you do the party, you get a special parade and fireworks show as well as all the holiday costumed characters. Down side, this is a hard ticket event and the absolute earliest you can enter MK with that ticket is 4 PM with the park closing for non party guests at 6:30.
On the other hand, Epcot has a special version of Illuminations every night at 9:30, three performances of the candlelight processional, and “Christmas Around The World” with each of the countries featuring their own versions of Santa Clause (Father Noel in France, etc.). This is all part of the standard admission and you can enter the park at rope drop and stay until it closes after Illuminations.
You have to decide which of the two parks to do.
I’m assuming you’re only planning to be in Orlando for one day.

By the way, they have Santa Goofy in DHS by Streets of America during the Osbourne Lights.

That would be a tough decision between the 3 parks (I discard AK right away). Soundgod did a great job of laying out the pros of all of the different parks. Even though on paper Epcot has more things going on, I would go to the MK. There is just something magical about being in the kingdom at the holiday time.

I can’t and won’t disagree. We’ve done the Christmas party every year since 2006.
Luckily, we have APs as well as some unused hoppers, so we don’t have to choose. Also, we schedule 2 night stays and live close enough (200 miles) that we can hang out until 10 PM and still walk in the front door between 1 and 1:30 AM.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1137845]I can’t and won’t disagree. We’ve done the Christmas party every year since 2006.
Luckily, we have APs as well as some unused hoppers, so we don’t have to choose. Also, we schedule 2 night stays and live close enough (200 miles) that we can hang out until 10 PM and still walk in the front door between 1 and 1:30 AM.[/QUOTE]

We have our AP’s and get our moneys worth out of them, and bounce all over the place (EPCOT in the AM and MK in the PM), but for just the one day it would be tough, a 1 day park hopper for about $160 for the day is a bit steep.

Magic Kingdom; Cinderella’s Castle with white Christmas lights! Just the thought makes my heart smile!

I have to say Magic Kingdom. The decorations are all over the park, the castle at night will take your breathe away and of course, the party. Epcot is nice too, but MK seems more Christmas to me.