Hollywood and Vine

I’m trying to choose a table service in or around the Studios. For those of you who have been there, what do you think of the character meals at H&V? Do you prefer breakfast or lunch? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have never been overly impressed by the choices at the Studios.

Personally, we do not do character meals in that park. I would suggest either Brown Derby (2 credits), or 50’s primetime, or sci-fi. We have had good meals at mama Melrose as well…

That narrowed your choices, didn’t it? Sorry- i was just thinking as I typed…

We never did H&V character meals, just the dinner buffet. We tried it twice and will never go back-the food just seemed “old” and not fresh. We really enjoyed our meal at Sci-Fi.

We didn’t go for the character buffet, only the dinner buffet this time. We liked the food, but enjoyed the experience at 50s Prime Time much more. We had a wonderful server this year and my son laughed harder than I’ve ever seen him laugh before. She was such a riot!!

ditto on the food part…will have to hear many good future reviews before I even consider going back

I’ve eaten at Prime Time and had a really good meal. I’ll be eating at the Brown Derby for the first time when I go down in a couple days with a family that eats there every single time they go. They really enjoy it.

Never did H&V though!

We did the character breakfast 2 years ago at H&V~ it was okay. Breakfast is a safe choice (you can hardly mess up breakfast food!) ~ the service was good & the kids had fun. I think it all depends on whether your kids are into the preschool stuff - it was Little Einsteins & JoJo (JoJo’s Circus) when we were there. There’s no way my kids would enjoy that now!

We will have 3 kids in our group; 3 year old girl, 5 year old girl and 7 year old boy. We do not want to use 2 table credits at Brown Derby. I had dinner once at H&V and did not care for it too much. I think I will do a poll!

WE did it four years ago the food was good, but it will only be enjoy by preschool kids.

We did the Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast last October (my children were 1 1/2, 5 and 6 )and thought it was terrible, even though all love Playhouse Disney!!! The food was mediocre, the character interaction was mediocre and the restaurant seemed unkept by Disney standards. Will never go back and DO NOT recomend it! We do however, highly recommend Ohana’s, Donald’s Safari Breakfast and Akershaus! All terrific!

I’m another who suggests Brown Derby if you want to use two credits or you could pay out of pocket.

We did the H&V the last time and left unimpressed… The food wasn’t exactly cold but wasn’t hot either, the character interaction was ok but we had better at Cape May and Crystal Palace… If you don’t have Park Hoppers and want to go to a character meal I would suggest the resorts, all which are good!!

My suggestion would be to go to Cape May for breakfast and take the boat over to HS!!

[QUOTE=TheHawley’s;1039494]We did the H&V the last time and left unimpressed… The food wasn’t exactly cold but wasn’t hot either, the character interaction was ok but we had better at Cape May and Crystal Palace… If you don’t have Park Hoppers and want to go to a character meal I would suggest the resorts, all which are good!!

My suggestion would be to go to Cape May for breakfast and take the boat over to HS!![/QUOTE]

I agree!! We’ve done Cape May character breakfast every year & LOVE IT!! The characters really take their time with each family, the resort is awesome & the staff was excellent. My kids love this one every year!! A much safer bet!

Personally for table service 50’s PTC is my families favorite in HS! :]
It’s entertaining (while not Disney characters-- those Cast Member sure are characters!) and it’s extremely delicious!

Very themed and fun! I’m a bug supporter of 50s PTC!