HOLY airfare!

I have been randomly pricing airfare to see if I can find a cheap flight. I figure it’s going to cost about $500 for us to drive to WDW and was looking to save a few dollars. Well I haven’t found a flight under $650 yet. I have NEVER paid that much for airfare and am almost happy I am driving down now.

We are driving to South Carolina in August and I am amazed at the cost of flights. There are 7 of us so the flights would have to be really cheap!
Maybe you will get a sale on flights at the last minute.

Was that $650 for one round trip ticket, or two?

Well…definately would not have been cost effective for us to drive from Seattle, so we were pretty much forced to fly.

Back when I started researching flights, best I saw (to meet our specifics) was at $390…I really wish I would have bought then…I ended up with SW at $520 (x4), but at least I’ll be saving on baggage fees. And prices have only gotten worse since then, I kept watching and hoping on a sale to get some $ back, but no luck.

Oh well…all is paid for now for pretty much the whole trip and only 11 days until we are there…so VERY excited now and not thinking of the cost any longer…now thinking of only the V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!

There was a big sale last week on SW, as reported on MB, and my DW and I ended up paying $362.80 for 2 round trip tickets from Chicago.
I don’t know if the sale was the same where other people live, but I got the impression it was.

I took advantage of Southwest’s 40th anniversary sale and got $80 fares each way from Providence to Orlando! It shot up to over $200 each way the next day! I was thrilled!

only way around fares like that is to get an airline card ,as much as I dislike usairways,I have their card ,they charge a regular fare and 2 companions for 99 each we just booked 3 flights from san diego to bos…for 3 for 650…without that it would have been 1020 up to 1700 on jet blue even SWA which left bos off there promo rates would have been 1600

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1081210]There was a big sale last week on SW, as reported on MB, and my DW and I ended up paying $362.80 for 2 round trip tickets from Chicago.
I don’t know if the sale was the same where other people live, but I got the impression it was.[/QUOTE]

I also checked that flight fare sale and the cost for me and DD to fly from Philadelphia to Orlando at the times I wanted was over $900…not a sale to me, but my Dad was able to get a round trip ticket for my brother from Boston to Philadelphia for under $200. Not sure why my pick was so high, but it was.

That was for two people. It was over $200 more than I paid last year. I know things go up in price and with the fuel and economy I shouldn’t be shocked by anything, but $200 to me is a lot of money.

Dana I just checked US airways and from aug 9th through aug 17th,the fare was 200rt…just thought you might want to know

I know we decide on driving or flying to NJ from SC by putting a value on our time. IOW, is the increased cost worth the 11 road hours each way. I know Pam would have me book the flight for a $150 difference.

But for a trip to the World we would also have to consider not having our car since we hop all over the place since I have the AAA parking pass for the parks and a TiW card for the resort restaraunts.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Dana, I just booked my girls and MIL out of Atlantic City for $185 r/t. Just now.

I just saw this: Cheap airline tickets to Disney World - National Northeast Travel | Examiner.com

Here is a blub from the article:
All Kayak responses to August Tuesday and Wednesday departures for Orlando and Disney World are under $215, and $199 from NY, the cheapest $189 from Wash DC. The same pricing is available in July from Boston and includes Thursday and Friday departures as well, but increases to $224 from NYC. Wash DC has the best position in July with $189 roundtrip tickets everyday except Friday. Check out Kayak for comparison prices and dates, using the flexible date feature for best results for cheap airline tickets to Disney World this summer.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Cheap airline tickets to Disney World - National Northeast Travel | Examiner.com Cheap airline tickets to Disney World - National Northeast Travel | Examiner.com

I will do some more research. I don’t know why I am coming up with such high flights. I am leaving on a Saturday and coming home on a Saturday…I know that airfare is more money on that paticular day, but holy smoke. I’ll keep looking.

The Saturday - Saturday might be hurting you? Just for fun try other days see if it alters - I’m sure you know (but just in case) on the continental website you can click (way at the bottom) -/+ day fares, and it will show you a chart with the different days and times. GOOD LUCK!! I just booked to come to Jersey (from Florida) $868 for three tickets :eek: gone are the $99 days. :glare:

Alternative days are cheaper ($59 one way). I just can’t change anything at this point. I have already turned in the vacation time to my new employer and it was approved even though I just started the job…they gave me 10 vacation days…lol I can’t redo it. Oh well…seems we will be driving.:laugh: